Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superstarbaby

New to board with a swollen face!!

Hi,

My name is Tamzin and I am 30yrs, I have had bad skin for the last 17yrs and it seems to be getting worse not better as I thought it would!

The best skin I have ever had was during my pregnancies.

I have tried the usual stuff, over the counter and prescribed. Now I just seem to manage with a few combinations of different moisturisers along with Quinoderm, but to be honest does not get rid of the big under the skin ones.

Anyway I have ended up here at this point beacause I have just returned from a holiday in spain with my family and (as usual) I cant relax or enjoy as I am worrying about my skin. Cant wake up and just go out, wont answer the door without make-up ect ect. Summer is a nightmare.

My skin is:

Forehead: Oily, open pores, occaisional blackheads.

Nose: Very oily, open pores, blackheads

Cheeks:Oily, open pores, some blackheads

Bottom half of face: Very oily, whiteheads, blackheads, yellow heads, red lumps (some under skin, some with small yellow heads) of 1cm-1.5cm,painfull, swelling of face, itchy.

I have an appointment again with GP on Tuesday for another refferal to derm. Will post a couple of pics tommorow to see what you think?

By the way I am havig trouble smiling at the moment as this thing on my chin is like a second head, ha ha!!

Thanks for listening.

Tamzin

Well if it got better during your pregnancies it sounds like your acne is hormone related. Because when youre pregnant you produce alot of estrogen, which is why people say pregnant women 'glow' Have you tried going on birth control? (Going off of it if you want to get pregnant again of course)

Well if it got better during your pregnancies it sounds like your acne is hormone related. Because when youre pregnant you produce alot of estrogen, which is why people say pregnant women 'glow' Have you tried going on birth control? (Going off of it if you want to get pregnant again of course)

Hi Thanks for the reply, I am on Dianette at moment, have been for the last 5 yrs.

Thanks

Tamzin

There are probably better pills out there that are better for the acne...some make it worse I donno which is which though because ive never had them, but I'm sure theres lots of info on these boards with people who have experience. It could be that the pill you are on is making it worse, and the pregnancies are the only times your actually off it and it got better.