Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BradtheBrad

BP for spot treatment

When you initially notice a bump apperaing on your skin where a pimple will soon form, does putting bp on it help at all? i dont normally use bp so just wondering.

My understanding (though if I'm wrong please defer to whoever might put me right below) is that BP works by killing bacteria before they can form pimples, as well as dissolving the gunk that clogs pores and thus reducing spot potential.

Once the spot;'s started to form, a dab of BP may dry it out a bit and lessen its impact, but it's still in the chamber and gonna happen.

I find it is useful for me, however, I also find doing the regimen as normal is just as effective really. But I know theres some people on the boards that don't rate sopt treating with BP at all, so I guess its best to see hoe your skin reacts to it :)

i think the best thing to do is try it and see what happens

if i spot treated an upcoming pimple all that happens is it gets a whitehead overnight so i HAVE to pop it or something in the morning.

and in my eyes that isnt helping, what wud help is if it made it die down a bit.

but people like janiet actually see results from spot treating so i gues its your call man

give it a shot, once its coming up youve got nothing to lose hey!

good luck!

post back with whaat happens if you do.! :pray:

i agree with damien...spot treating does not help my acne that much...

for me it brings the pimple to a head, which is not better. i try and stay away from spot treating nowadays

yet a few members swear by it

i gues it depends on how your skin reacts to it once it has a "live" pimple rather than bp doing its usual job which would be to stop the pimple before it becomes one.