Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do we have neosporin in Canada? or do we have a different name/brand for it? it's antibiotic right?

ya we have neosporin it works great to chow

do we have neosporin in Canada? or do we have a different name/brand for it? it's antibiotic right?

I work for a place that supplies all this stuff.... there's a neospoin cream or ointment which come in 15 or 30 grams. Shoppers or pharmaplus should have them and if they don't, tell them to order it (it's in stock)

he he he

PS. either one of the 15 gram ones should be about $9-10 retail for a tube

:)

ya we have neosporin it works great to chow

works great to chow? what does that mean :razz:

I work for a place that supplies all this stuff.... there's a neospoin cream or ointment which come in 15 or 30 grams. Shoppers or pharmaplus should have them and if they don't, tell them to order it (it's in stock)

lol. i went to shopper's drugmart but i only saw 'polysporin', is it the same?

Funny, I've been wondering the exact same thing. I looked for neosporin but could only find polysporin - sounds like it does the same thing though. I wonder if it's better to use a cream or the ointment?

In Canada, Neosporin is not OTC, you need a prescription for that, but you could easily buy polysporin OTC.

Technically, Neo & Poly are the same but Poly doesn't contain "Neomycin" which might be irritating for some people. It is better to purchase cream than ointment, apparently, some people claim that the onitment will clog pores. Personally, I tried both, and the cream feels lighter, and definitely less/not greasy. Besides, I checked the ingredients of the ointment, some of them are POTENTIALLY comedogenic!! Not a wise choice, man!!

Funny, I've been wondering the exact same thing. I looked for neosporin but could only find polysporin - sounds like it does the same thing though. I wonder if it's better to use a cream or the ointment?

In Canada, Neosporin is not OTC, you need a prescription for that, but you could easily buy polysporin OTC.

Technically, Neo & Poly are the same but Poly doesn't contain "Neomycin" which might be irritating for some people. It is better to purchase cream than ointment, apparently, some people claim that the onitment will clog pores. Personally, I tried both, and the cream feels lighter, and definitely less/not greasy. Besides, I checked the ingredients of the ointment, some of them are POTENTIALLY comedogenic!! Not a wise choice, man!!

I see... thanks :D

The reason I asked is because I wanted to try the Jessfoliation (sp) hehehe, the one with the brush and neosporin :razz: and I'm wondering if I could use "polysporin" instead.

Guys, what kind of OTC products are you using for your redmarks or maybe even scars? My face is so messed up :(

I wouldn't use that shit on acne prone skin. You should go to a derm and get a prescription for a topical antibiotic that is put in a base that is actually meant for acne prone skin.

well i'm only thinking on using it for redmarks. as for 'acne' i'm on tetracycline right now. but anyways, i might not do that exfoliation with the brush thingy.

:(

well i'm only thinking on using it for redmarks. as for 'acne' i'm on tetracycline right now. but anyways, i might not do that exfoliation with the brush thingy.

I tried the exfoliation before, It sorta helps but not very noticeable. Just to make sure, If you wanna try, please DO NOT do it for more than 3 times a week, because some people claim that the Neo could cause hearing loss.

Just be careful, if you decided to do so,OK? Besides, you are on tetracycline right now which might sensitize your skin, maybe just leave it for now or maybe stop using tetracycline when you are on the exfoliation.

P.S. In case you haven't read the whole forum, ( that's kinda waste of time. :lol: ) you skin will be purging for the first week.

P.S. In case you haven't read the whole forum, ( that's kinda waste of time. :lol: ) you skin will be purging for the first week.

yah, I didn't read everything. i'm not that interested in doing it anymore though, hehehe. i'm just gonna cover up my redmarks for now :razz: