Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arrrny

Question here about Differin

to what point is differin working... like ive been using differin for close to 20 weeks here and im using Dans BP in the morning but yeah i am still getting pimples consistently.. lkike i will get one and another one will form so thats two active ones and tehn when they clear up i will get another 1 or 2.. so is the differin not totally working? or is it just helping out a tiny bit. Cuz i am very close to switching to Dans BP morning and night but im worried if i stop using differin i will breakout?

I have been on differin since Nov. 2005 and it hasn't helped at all. I haven't seen one change since i started it back then. I just stopped like a month ago and my face actually got better...I have been using only Baby Magic body was on my face and nothing at night so maybe differin is just irritating...

Are you getting fewer breakouts that you did before starting Differin? Or is it about the same (or worse?).

Does your skin seem like it is getting irritated from it?

Some people have had good luck with Differin - I was not one of them. It made my chin break out very badly (it wasn't broken out before I started). I just kept getting pimples around the same spots over and over again - nothing would heal and my skin felt irritated. I had slightly better success using it on my forehead and nose - but nothing extraordinary. I am actually quitting it altogether (I've been using it for about 2 months) and going with a new plan.

im getting the same breakouts as when i used before i started using differin.. so does that meen its not working?

im getting the same breakouts as when i used before i started using differin.. so does that meen its not working?

If you've been using Differin faithfully for about five months, I would say that it is not enough to control your breakouts. You may need to try some other medications; this doesn't mean you have to stop using Differin (provided it's not making your skin worse), just that you need to talk to your dermatologist about some other possible skincare regimens.

Yeah, I would agree that it sounds like it is not working - but if it isn't making your skin worse maybe keep using it until you can see your doctor? Personally, I found that Differin actually made my skin worse - I broke out in places that previously had no acne. New spots kept coming up, but they wouldn't heal. I'm not using the Differin any more and my skin is starting to look better.

Perhaps you need one of the stronger retinoids like Retin-A or Tazorac?

WEll i have Dans BP and i think if i started using that morning and night taht would clear me up i think.. so yeah ive been on differin for 5 months and if it was working by now i shouldnt be having these breakouts still. so i think i will switch to Dans BP morning and night from now on.. Do you think thats a good idea or will i break out from not using differin.. i meen the BP will be killing the beacteria like crazy so i really shouldnt breakout. should i give it a shot for about a week and see waht happens?

to what point is differin working... like ive been using differin for close to 20 weeks here and im using Dans BP in the morning but yeah i am still getting pimples consistently.. lkike i will get one and another one will form so thats two active ones and tehn when they clear up i will get another 1 or 2.. so is the differin not totally working? or is it just helping out a tiny bit. Cuz i am very close to switching to Dans BP morning and night but im worried if i stop using differin i will breakout?

I find that too, like I get a pimple on my clear skin and another forms but they then go and i'm clear for another week until anothe rpair form...

But it's helped so much and I'm with having a coupel of pimples now and again :P

WEll i have Dans BP and i think if i started using that morning and night taht would clear me up i think.. so yeah ive been on differin for 5 months and if it was working by now i shouldnt be having these breakouts still. so i think i will switch to Dans BP morning and night from now on.. Do you think thats a good idea or will i break out from not using differin.. i meen the BP will be killing the beacteria like crazy so i really shouldnt breakout. should i give it a shot for about a week and see waht happens?

Well, if you haven't seen any improvement, I suppose it couldn't hurt to try getting off it for awhile and see what happens. If you start breaking out more, you could always go back on it. Have you tried a regimen with just BP before? I'm thinking you also might want an exfoliant in addition to the BP?

For me, my skin started to look better a couple days after getting off Differin. I just didn't like the way it made my skin feel. And my skin lost its healthy glow while I was on it too.