Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carlo

BP every night only; morning moisturize only

i am planning to put i finger length of BP just every night and evrymorning i will just apply a moisturizer. Am on my 6th week now and my skin is really dry and flaking... red too. will these new regimen help me solve the problem???

does any1 here tried the regimen just by applying BP every night only and seen great results or made them break out again??? any1??? please... i hate the dryness and peeling redness that i am experienceing right now even thou i moisturize alot! (iam using panoxyl gel 2.5%)

i tried to do a once a day regimen and broke out within a week. i wouldn't recommend it. bp doesn't cure acne, just helps prevent it so just because your clear doesn't mean you won't have the problem anymore. are you using a drying cleanser? that could be the culprit. i just wouldn't go to once a day.

Which moisturizer and cleanser are you using?

As Kei fujo said above, that might be part of the problem.

otherwise, maybe decrease the amount of bp you are using.

Some people are able to use the bp only once a day and remain clear, while others need the twice a day application. You'll just have to see how your skin does if you want to try once a day bp.

i am planning to put i finger length of BP just every night and evrymorning i will just apply a moisturizer. Am on my 6th week now and my skin is really dry and flaking... red too. will these new regimen help me solve the problem???

does any1 here tried the regimen just by applying BP every night only and seen great results or made them break out again??? any1??? please... i hate the dryness and peeling redness that i am experienceing right now even thou i moisturize alot! (iam using panoxyl gel 2.5%)

It works for some so there's like only one answer: Try and if it dont work then again apply both morning and evening.

ciao

I only apply BP at night and only moisturise in the morning and this is enough to keep me clear, however, I would not recommend it to anyone with anything more than mild acne. But it could be worth a go, and if you break out you can always increase to twice a day again.

I think your redness and dryness could also be largely down to the PanOxyl. I used PanOxyl when I first started the regimen and found it very irritating, and when I switched to Dan's gel the dryness significantly reduced and the redness went away, so I would also recommend you switch BP's :)

I only apply BP at night and only moisturise in the morning and this is enough to keep me clear, however, I would not recommend it to anyone with anything more than mild acne. But it could be worth a go, and if you break out you can always increase to twice a day again.

I think your redness and dryness could also be largely down to the PanOxyl. I used PanOxyl when I first started the regimen and found it very irritating, and when I switched to Dan's gel the dryness significantly reduced and the redness went away, so I would also recommend you switch BP's :)

thanks alot. i only have mild acne, but for now i have remained clear, i would be dying to get dans bp but unfortunately i cnt order online coz i live in the philippines (risks delivery as stated by dan), so i guess i better stick with panoxyl, il just apply a small amount of bp every morning and i full length every night. dont you think thats a good idea to lessen the dryness and peeling??? by the way iam using a cleanser mario badescu botanical facial gel, but am planning to switch to another recommended products. like cetaphil, will that be ok?

I think that should reduce your dryness and peeling, but as youre still quite early on in the regimen I think the dryness will still reduce on its own a little aswell. And switching to a recommended cleanser like cetaphil shouln't cause any problems at all! :)