Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Campfire

Moisturizer Question

I have been using the Regimen for about 3 months now and overall I like the results over anything I have used to this day. When I first began my face would get ultra dry as Dan stated so I would use a lot of moisturizer on my face.

Now, since I have been on it for quite some time and it is summer, my face doesnt really dry after I apply the BP, so I don't really need to use the moisturizer.

I am just curious if it is OK to skip this moisturizing step in the proccess, or should I continue to use the moisturizer?

Thanks,

Ryan.

its good to hear the regimen is working for you

however, you should apply moisturiser and a sun block during the summer as a moisturiser hydrates your skin keeping it healthy, and BP lowers your skins sun defence so u need a sunblock

iv been off the regimen for 3 days and yesterday i was out in the sun for about 4 hours playing football, form about half 9 to 1 in the afternoon.

My skin burnt like hell as i diodnt apply sun block every hour, now i have a blister on my chin

i thought that the guidlines stated with my BP product that you should apply a sun block was a load of rubbish but obviously not lol

APPLY THAT SUNBLOCK lol

i may not be the best authority on this issue, but i noticed that my skin doesnt feel dry now that its summer so i decreased my use of moisturizer but i didnt completely stop using it. i think eliminating moisturizer may not be a good idea because even if you dont feel it, i think bp is taking a toll on your skin that needs to be counteracted with the use of moisturizer.

OK thanks, so Longshot your claiming that BP actually is damaging for your skin if you don't use moisturizer?

Can someone elaborate on this a little more by any chance?

Its just that if you don't moisturise most people find their skin will be very very dry and flaky and this can't be good for it, either by causing acne through irritation or in the long term. By moisturising it keeps it nice and balacned and supple, and even if you don't appear to need moisturiser from the outside, I would still recommend using it to maintain your skins balance as it is likely to be dry form the inside (if that makes sense!) :)

It's not a good idea to moisturize skin that is not dry or irritated because the moisturizer can mix with sebum and "glue" dead skin cells to the skin's surface, thus increasing the risk of clogged pores. I always "spot treat" dry areas at night, but I apply sunscreen over my entire face during the day. If you want a more lightweight way to add some of the benefits of a moisturizer to your face without actually moisturizing, might I reccommend Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner? It is an inexpensive, alcohol-free toner that is a daily part of my skin care regimen and can be found at pretty much any drugstore.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp17032_332828_s..._skin_types.htm

If you feel you should moisturize your entire face but again want something lighter, try a good gel moisturizer, which is the type of moisturizer that is least likely to clog pores. The only good gel moisturizer I know of is made by Paula's Choice and is called "Skin Balancing Moisture Gel." It can be ordered on the Paula's Choice website or on Ebay.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/product.a...C340&PAGETYPE=S

For the daytime, some great, non-greasy sunscreens are those from the Neutrogena Dry Touch Line. They contain avobenzone, which is a UVA protecting ingredient that is not likely to clog pores.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search.asp...ogena+dry-touch