Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cognitive

Best Moisturizer/Sunblock out there?

Hey, what's the best moisturizer/sunblock out there (and maybe helps heal?? now i'm asking too much...) for acne prone skin? I heard great things about neutrogena products.

I just want to try cleaning my face with those dove pads and moisturizering. Going to try the simple route...

no suggestions? i'm going to the beach in a few days...so i'll try looking for stuff and suggest anything i find that looks good

should you use both together? or could you just apply the sunscreen after your shower in the morning and use it for moisturizer/sunblock? is sunblock a moisturizer?? it all comes together now.

If you plan on using aloe as a moisturizer, apply that first then apply sunscreen/sunblock. Don't apply any other liquid preparation (serums, lotions, etc.) over your sunscreen or sunblock. Doing that affects the SPF and you may make your sunscreen/sunblock less effective.

I've come across some sunscreens that claim to be moisturizing but I think it's better to moisturize seperately.

Also, if you want an SPF cream/lotion that will help 'heal' the skin, you could go for a sunscreen/sunblock containing Zinc Oxide. The only drawback with this is that it can leave the skin rather white. I'm not sure where you're at but if in the USA, All Terrain has great sunscreens and sunblocks. I find these at Whole Foods. It's pretty easy to come across a sunscreen with Zinc Oxide so you could just search in stores. If you don't want the 'white cast', like Wasabi posted, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch is wonderful. Go for the SPF 55. The other two, the SPF 30 & 45, aren't stable.

HTH :D

If you plan on using aloe as a moisturizer, apply that first then apply sunscreen/sunblock. Don't apply any other liquid preparation (serums, lotions, etc.) over your sunscreen or sunblock. Doing that affects the SPF and you may make your sunscreen/sunblock less effective.

I've come across some sunscreens that claim to be moisturizing but I think it's better to moisturize seperately.

Also, if you want an SPF cream/lotion that will help 'heal' the skin, you could go for a sunscreen/sunblock containing Zinc Oxide. The only drawback with this is that it can leave the skin rather white. I'm not sure where you're at but if in the USA, All Terrain has great sunscreens and sunblocks. I find these at Whole Foods. It's pretty easy to come across a sunscreen with Zinc Oxide so you could just search in stores. If you don't want the 'white cast', like Wasabi posted, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch is wonderful. Go for the SPF 55. The other two, the SPF 30 & 45, aren't stable.

HTH :D

Thanks! perfect reply