Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ladymacbeth89

Does mystic tan clog your pores?

I've been thinking about getting a mystic spray tan. It's like a self tanner, but you go to a tanning salon, and the color gets sprayed all over you. I'm sure it would help conceal my red marks, and it's definately safe, but I'm afraid it will clog my pores and just make me break out. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks! :)

moved ya thread to makeup!

think u wil prob get more help here rather than in the redmarks forum :D

I do it now, and it seems to be ok...they thing I dotn liek its that they spray it on it takes a few hours to get dark but once u wash your face you dont really see that u have a tan...well with me I didint see it juts a bit...i am also trying it to conceal my redness, but it diditn help mine....

I actually got two about a year ago. I don't remember if I broke out any worse that I was at the time (I had moderate acne then, and it's pretty mild now, thankfully). So that doesn't really answer your question about clogging your poors, but I honestly don't recall breaking out any worse than normal. However, it did conceal flaws wonderfully. I'm a guy, and I actually got asked if I was wearing makeup.

That's a really great question and I wonder this as well. Maybe I can email a mystic tan rep somehow and find out...good thought because it seems like it would be cool to try.

Product representatives are too biased a source to get a truthful answer from; who knows, though, maybe you'll get an honest and knowledgable one!

I actually got two about a year ago. I don't remember if I broke out any worse that I was at the time (I had moderate acne then, and it's pretty mild now, thankfully). So that doesn't really answer your question about clogging your poors, but I honestly don't recall breaking out any worse than normal. However, it did conceal flaws wonderfully. I'm a guy, and I actually got asked if I was wearing makeup.

how did it cover really well....for how long...I didint see much

yea I was wondering basically how well it covered...my skin burns almost always, rarely tans, so this would the best option...my marks are so light and im sure that im overreacting, there non existant in any pictures, I just would like to see how this worked...so how dark can it get you, and last??

My friend gets it done, and she gets pretty dark, and it actually looks real nice and natural. However, she never breaks out which doesn't answer any of our questions :(

hi. ive been off of accutane for 7 months now and havent had a pimple since. to answer your question...i do the spray tan all the time and it has not caused me to break out at all. good luck!

hi. ive been off of accutane for 7 months now and havent had a pimple since. to answer your question...i do the spray tan all the time and it has not caused me to break out at all. good luck!

There's nothing in a spray tan to break you out....it usually an acidic solution of DHA (dihydroxyacetone) in water......it stinks, but it's not comedogenic. The formula may actually be a very thin emulsion, an probably contans ethoxydiglycol, to help it penetrated the epidermis....... but usually won't contain anything that would really aggervate acne or clog pores..........It may also have alcohol in it......but it's not like your going to be using it every day........so any damage to the skin's barrier can esaily be corrected....

Spray all you want.....it's way safer then tanning in a tanning bed (which can make acne worse by making your own skin cells clog up your pores and increasing your sebum production).......

I work at a tanning salon and like LabGirl just stated .. it is non-comedogenic .. it wont break you out .. unfortunately the tna only lasts about a week .. sometimes more depends on how often you exfoliate.

I work at a tanning salon and like LabGirl just stated .. it is non-comedogenic .. it wont break you out .. unfortunately the tna only lasts about a week .. sometimes more depends on how often you exfoliate.

Also if you use any retinoids.....differin, retin-a, Accutane....thanb tan will fade much faster in the ares you apply a topical retinoid......and if you are on accutnae it may only last a couple days.....since your skin is replaced every five or six days with new skin..........

Hey... just wanted to give this thread a bump.... same question as the person above.

If you get a spray tan on your face, does Benzoyl Peroxide make it fade unevenly/prematurely?

Benzoyl peroxide does make it fade faster. While the rest of the spray tan can last up to 10 days the BP washed the face tan off in like 5. It's awful and unfair, I wish it didn't.

Hmmm well I guess there's always the option of using a spray bronzer. I forget which brand it is that makes the "Terraccotta" one, but that was the name of one that a lady at a store sprayed me with (trying to sell it to me) and it didn't cause me to break out, and people told me I looked like I had more colour that day. So I guess that type (washes off when you wash your face) is maybe a good alternative to a Mystic/spray tan?