Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xindel

Why does this board make accutane sound like it's worthless?

If you read on MD sites you see tane clears you up 90% of the time after one course and 60-70% course are permanently cured, hell some say 80%. Surely it may take a while to work, hell maybe even the whole course but in the end the results are remarkable so they say. On this site, it feels like 50% are cleared and 10% stay clear and some people take like 3+ courses, where it also says that it is rare for somebody to take more then 2 courses!

Well I think mostly because either people think the side effects weight out the results, or that it didn't work for the people here and that's why they're still here. I mean, if accutane cleared me up I wouldn't still be visiting this site defending it.

It didn't work for me because, i want to say trigyceride levels, went too high. But apparently it worked for my friend. I haven't seen her yet, but I want to shoot her, no no, I'm happy for her.

It is because the people whom Accutane works on eventually leave this site. I had begun to frequent this site less often after Accutane cleared me, but now that whiteheads are coming back so am I coming back to this site.

Just because there are many people on here for whom Accutane didn't work doesn't mean it does not have 80% success rates.

Also it says that about 10% or so people get it back after a year, so the ones that get it back right away or within a few months, that's rare too?

Fuck the people on this board who generalize. Especially when it comes to prescription drugs - I don't know if you know this, but there are warnings about side effects for almost ALL of them, accutane just gets all the attention in the news. Bottom line is, these people who get on here and start spouting off their own personal opinion about how accutane will wreck you and shit blah blah blah, well, all they do is ruin the hopes of others.

I'm on accutane now, month 2, started 20mg 1 week ago, before that I was 10 mg, I am 95% clear at this point, redmarks are biggest factor but are fading. I have had dry lips, that's it. As of April 9th I was ready to kill myself and now, having started accutane on may 7th and been on it for just over a month I feel fine again, I don't think about my face all day.

what i personally have noticed is that people who complain most about accutane not working are the people who have taken very conservative doses.

You also have to realize that 99% of the people who have ever visited this board don't have a degree in dermatology so they don't know anything about accutane except the general horror stories that they hear about it.

I guarantee you that every rich person with a good insurance plan who has acne is on accutane. Almost all the movie stars who get treated for acne take accutane. It gets a bad wrap because its highly regulated by the government. Accutane is the absolute, hands down best treatment for moderate to severe acne. Don't take it while you're pregnant and thats really all it boils down to.

Jessica Simpson wasn't cured by Proactive she was cured by a course of Accutane.

what i personally have noticed is that people who complain most about accutane not working are the people who have taken very conservative doses.

When you say that you mean they are on low doses?

This board has an inordinate number of negative posts about accutane's effectiveness because it's an acne board! Most who clear up for long periods of time move on with their lives and don't bother coming back to post about their clear skin.

And the statistics for how effective accutane is vary greatly from study to study. Some claim miraculous results, where others are less affirming. For me, a woman in her late 20s, I've seen info that says I should be completely confident in a cure in accutane, where others have stated that females in my age range w/adult acne are more likely to relapse than others. Who can really tell? In the meantime, enjoy whatever positive results you can reap, while realizing that it may be necessary to go back on it/find something else in the future. That's about all you can do.