Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strider1

have some questions and need some recommendations

So first off I just found out about this site and forums and stuff and I have some questions.

1. im using some generic moisterizer, and it says its for women. Does it matter if guys use it? are there moisterizes for guys or does it even matter?

2. I've been looking at the regimen deal thing, but it doesnt really say specifics about showering. Are you supposed to wash your face and body with soap and then use the cleanser? Because Im using this body wash soap recently and it really dries my skin, actually just my face really.

3. Whats a good cleanser that doesnt dry out my skin?

4.Whats a good moisterizer?

5. My cheeks and nose area are red from irriation i guess, and acne. What can I do to lessen it, or get rid of?

Thanks.

1. It dosen't matter that your moisturiser is for women, if anything, it is probably a good thing as it is likely to be very gentle

2. You should wash your face with one of the cleanser Dan recommends http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=3&anchor=browse or another basic cleanser. You can wash your body with whatever you want. But the reason you were probably drying out before is because you were using a body cleanser on your face which is likely to be quite harsh and drying

3. For good cleansers check out the link above, and if your skin tends to get quite dry when you cleanse then I would recommend a liquid cleanser as opposed to a bar.

4. Check out this link for recommended moisturisers http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=5&anchor=browse#browse. If you are going to be outside you will need a moisturiser with an SPF as BP makes you more sensitve to sunlight. Other moistursiers people use that are not on the list are Complex 15 and Neutrogena Helathy skin lotion (but as this contains an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) you should wait until a few weeks into the regimen until you start using such a moisturiser as it is likely to be too irritating into your skin to BP and AHA at the same time) But any moisturiser that is non-condgenmic and oil free will be suitable

5. As for the redness, you could try using a redness reducing moisturiser. Other then this try not touching or picking at your face at all as this is likely to irritate it more

Good Luck! :)

So first off I just found out about this site and forums and stuff and I have some questions.

1. im using some generic moisterizer, and it says its for women. Does it matter if guys use it? are there moisterizes for guys or does it even matter?

The important part about moisturizers is just to be sure it is oil-free and non-comedogenic and unmedicated.

2. I've been looking at the regimen deal thing, but it doesnt really say specifics about showering. Are you supposed to wash your face and body with soap and then use the cleanser? Because Im using this body wash soap recently and it really dries my skin, actually just my face really.

Wash your body with whatever cleanser/soap you want to, but use one of the recommended facial cleansers for your face. Cleansers and soap made for the body will typically be more harsh and drying than one's specially formulated for the face.

If you are in the USA, I recommend Purpose Gentle Wash, or Purpose bar if you prefer a bar. Dan has a new CSR Gentle Cleanser coming available soon, so you can consider that as well. It is specially pH balanced for the face and is very gentle and non-drying!

3. Whats a good cleanser that doesnt dry out my skin?

See answer to #2

4.Whats a good moisterizer?

If you are in the USA, check out Cetaphil moisture or Neutrogena oil-free for now. Dan is formulating one specifically for use with the CSR but it will be several months until it is available. When you have been on the Reg. a few weeks you can consider using something like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion that will help keep flaking at bay.

5. My cheeks and nose area are red from irriation i guess, and acne. What can I do to lessen it, or get rid of?

Be gentle first of all! Use a gentle unmedicated cleanser. Keep acne medications away from those irritated areas for awhile and see if that helps them settle down.

Thanks.

alright thanks alot guys. Ok, so do you know when dan's cleanser thing will be coming out? I know his moisterizer wont be ready for some months now but I heard his cleanser is soon.

For a moisterizer Im using this olay complete

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

Complete UV Protective Moisture Lotion

* Antioxidant Vitamin E plus C

* SPF 15

* 100% PABA Free

* Light, Non-Greasy Formula

* Non-Comedogenic (Won't clog pores)

* Dermatologist Tested and Recommended

It says its non-greasy, is that the same thing as oil free? does this one look good enough? Im using it already just wanna make sure theres nothing it that will cause harm.

And I heard I should be using a regular moisterizer and then after a while I should use one with AHA's in them. How long should I wait until doing this?

The cleanser should be out in the next few days, so keep an eye out for it! And I checked the ingredients of that moirturiser and it dosen't contain oil so it should be fine too! And you should probably wait about 2-3 weeks until switching to an AHA moisturiser, or whenever you feel you're skin is settling down from the initial effects of BP ;)

yep, what Janiet said.

Cleanser hopefully this week.

The Olay moisturizer appears fine, however just so you know Dan doesn't feel ANY of the Olay moisturizers were hydrating enough to use with the Regimen, so if you find you are dry and flaky you might consider using a different one.

You can switch to NHSFL after a month if your skin is doing okay with the Regimen at that time.

Keep us posted!