Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As I mentioned when I started my photo gallery, I'm not officially starting the CSR just yet. I have quite a chunk of change invested in my current products, but I don't foresee them lasting much longer than the next three weeks. By then I'll be done volunteering at MDA camp, done moving into the new house, and about to change roles at work.

I'm starting documentation this early just out of my own curiosity. I want to see how I progress (if at all) with this SA routine as well as see how everything changes when I switch over to the CSR.

How I'm abusing my skin right now:

A.M.

Almay Oily Skin Cleansing Foam

Almay Oily Skin Toner

Almay Oily Skin SPF 15 Moisturizer

Almay & Physicians Formula Makeup (all oil-free & non-comedogenic)

P.M.

Almay Oily Skin Cleansing Foam

Almay Oily Skin Toner

Clean & Clear Salycilic Acid Spot Treatment all over chin and on spots elsewhere

Almay Oily Skin SPF 15 Moisturizer

Once a Week

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mud Mask

Twice a Week

Physicians Formula Microdermabrasion At-Home Kit

Seeing as it's your first post, I'd just like to say welcome do the boards :D

Your current skin-care routine is pretty extensive. Out of curiosity, what's the status of your skin right now?

Thanks for the welcome.

Right now: I have one major bump on my chin close to my mouth, one healing right between my eyebrows, and a collection of tiny bumps in the creases of my nostrils. Of course, blackheads are forever present on my nose and chin, but those I can easily live with.

I always have at least one major bump either on my forehead, chin, or right to either side of my nose, with smaller bumps coming and going everywhere as they please.

Today WOULD be a microdermabrasion night, but I've decided to cut out everything but my basic wash/tone/moisturize schedule until I fully start the CSR. I'm hoping since there's SA in my wash/toner/lotion I am not needing the extra sloughing from the microderm.

Hi and Welcome!!

Let us know when you officially "begin".

But I did want to remind you to just do the basic CSR in the beginning. No microdermabrasion, no masks, no scrubs.

Just a gentle unmedicated cleaser

2.5% benzoyl peroxide

oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer

Good luck and holler if you need any help!

I started just washing my face normally too. It helped a lot, but when I started the CSR, that was when it helped my skin a ton.