Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone on here avoids getting a job because of their acne... i totally dont wana work because of my bad skin (and lack of confidence thereof)....... i really want a job but i find myself really insecure to even go to an interview or to face the public at work... any one else in my shoes? (im 20 btw)

I totally understand where you're going from. I think it can be daunting thinking about it, but once you get out there into work you're life and confidence will improve... everyones seen acne before and they aren't going to be bothered. Most people won't even know your lack of confidence and if they do so what? They aren't gonna think any less of you for it.

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone on here avoids getting a job because of their acne... i totally dont wana work because of my bad skin (and lack of confidence thereof)....... i really want a job but i find myself really insecure to even go to an interview or to face the public at work... any one else in my shoes? (im 20 btw)

I don't want a job at all, because im super paranoid that its going to some how make my acne worse... im being forced right now by my parents to get one, but i've been trying to find a job that has a no fast food atmosphere, ect.

Acne shouldn't rule your entire life....... :boohoo:

I mean if you're young (16yrs - 23yrs), maybe you can avoid the whole job thing for a little while.

But once you turn about 25yrs and each year after that...you really need to get ya @ss a job, acne or no acne! :snooty:

Having acne sux, but can you imagine being 30yrs old, a college drop-out, working a minimum wage job, living in a ratty apartment, with no money, no friends, no social life all because you copped out of life..all because of acne!!! :wall::wall:

Face it, some of you may have acne well into your late 20's.....so you may wanna adjust your perspective on things and start living your life! :-*

Acne shouldn't rule your entire life....... :boohoo:

I mean if you're young (16yrs - 23yrs), maybe you can avoid the whole job thing for a little while.

But once you turn about 25yrs and each year after that...you really need to get ya @ss a job, acne or no acne! :snooty:

Having acne sux, but can you imagine being 30yrs old, a college drop-out, working a minimum wage job, living in a ratty apartment, with no money, no friends, no social life all because you copped out of life..all because of acne!!! :wall::wall:

Face it, some of you may have acne well into your late 20's.....so you may wanna adjust your perspective on things and start living your life! :-*

I absolutely agree with your statement. Great points made!!

i find it hard sometimes at work when my skin looks bad

thats because i sit right next to a SUPER HOT blonde chick who is a great mate of mine but also mega hot and sometiems its way hard 2 make the effort 2go2 work when you feel like you look like crap

but once your there its so much easier!

its jus the 1st step 2get your ass out of the house.

thats one of the worst feelings in the world. going into work with alot of acne, can totally ruin a whole day, especially when you work in sales.

Yeah i feel you. I had a job this summer for a week and it was pretty hard because it was kind of a sales thing. I was too paranoid about my face and i quit. Every morning i wake up and i am like damn i need to get a job. But than i think well i will get one when my face clears up which will be soon i keep telling my self. I have altered my life style so much because of my acne. I eat oober healthy and exercise and take this and that and just hope that this will go away. But yeah being 19 during the summer without a job leaves way too much free time. I mean i like the summer cause i get a break from school but i still would like to be doing something. Acne shouldn't but is holding me back a lot from lots of things. One being getting a damn job. But it isn't that big of a deal you are 20 which is pretty young, and if you are at your parents house over the summer it isn't so bad because you aren't the provider i guess they are for the time being. So i definitely can relate with you on this one.

well my job involves me driving around cars all day long and 90% of the time when I get in the car it is so fucking hot and I sweat all day long and that can't always help your acne out if you can't wash your face for 10 hours and just keep sweating. I honeslty just dont' try to think about it to much and it helps me....

Depends on the job. I don't mind working in the office when my acne is bad - it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

But I HATE working in a department store for 9hours under flouresant lighting after I'd had a breakout.... theres nothing like that to make you feel like shit :doubt:

I would never use my acne as an excuse for the fact I don't have a job though :naughty: Thats pretty low.

I have worked at least one day a week since I was 12 and I now have two jobs - so acne doesnt hold me back regarding work.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Money can be more powerfull than acne.

That hits the nail on the head in my opinion. Show me the money. That's when all this time feeling uncomfortable in fluoro lights is going to pay off! :dance:

Money can be more powerfull than acne.

That hits the nail on the head in my opinion. Show me the money. That's when all this time feeling uncomfortable in fluoro lights is going to pay off! :dance:

ya its the teenage dilemma. youre gonna have acne, and youre gonna have a job where you work under flourescent lights.

yeah, i quit my job a working at this organic garden centre when my acne got bad again, i couldnt face talking to new people and smiling all day. I loved it there aswell. But I regret letting acne win like. I'm getting a new job as a park ranger(hopefully)in the summer!!I'm really excited cause I love working with animals(had a job in a kennels for a while)even though it'll only be like ducks and deer,lol.

lol that's what I originally went to major in

i'd like to work at yellowstone or something or seaworld

i applied to work at mcdonalds once, my face had some red spots, when i got there i asked if they needed anyone, the guy went to get the manager , the manager took a good look at me from behind the counter, whispered something to the guy working there, went away, that guy told me they werent searching for people at moment.

Was it my acne? dont know, i assumed it was :), i guess they wanted to avoid people making a connection between there food and acne, hehe, which is absurd

I'm starting a job tomorrow! wish me luck :D

I have acne and I'm 5'5", so I basically did a bunch of stuff to make my resume look wonderful.

You have to be very very good at your job, then acne won't matter.

well im not blaming that fact that i dont have a job on my acne... it just seems to kill my confidence... i mean you have to be confident at an interview to get a job... and iv had a few interviews.. unsuccessful ones..... it seems like im not confident enough to get passed my interview :( cuz off my acne insecurities... blah