Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falco_amadeus

Why didn't accutane give me that one effect?

I'm nearly 5 months done, and accutane has definitely made my skin a whole lot better, some small blackheads left, some red marks etc. nothing major but why hasn't it ever helped to heal my zits and cysts faster? I know healing time slows down but that's for the red marks, not for the pimple itself. My derm said he doesn't know why my zits wouldn't heal faster, it's strange. Basically a lot of zits I drained myself since that was actually faster to get rid of them then let them heal naturally. And as for cysts, some I was able to get rid of without leaving a trace, since on accutane they oozed out with ease and healed up nicely, the deeper ones though I got cortisone shots.

I got a few little pimples about 4 days ago, guess what still hear. Man this sux! I keep seeing people who are in my stage and they be like WOW, today I got a zit, tomorrow it was gone, what's up?

I'm nearly 5 months done, and accutane has definitely made my skin a whole lot better, some small blackheads left, some red marks etc. nothing major but why hasn't it ever helped to heal my zits and cysts faster? I know healing time slows down but that's for the red marks, not for the pimple itself. My derm said he doesn't know why my zits wouldn't heal faster, it's strange. Basically a lot of zits I drained myself since that was actually faster to get rid of them then let them heal naturally. And as for cysts, some I was able to get rid of without leaving a trace, since on accutane they oozed out with ease and healed up nicely, the deeper ones though I got cortisone shots.

I got a few little pimples about 4 days ago, guess what still hear. Man this sux! I keep seeing people who are in my stage and they be like WOW, today I got a zit, tomorrow it was gone, what's up?

No i havent found that spots necessarily heal more quickly either, unless as you say you help them along a bit. Having said that my cystic acne has stopped pretty much on my face apart from 1 area. Still get the odd bumps but they are no longer deep or painful. I keep getting painful cysts and spots around and on the ears though. Guess everyone is different.

No i havent found that spots necessarily heal more quickly either, unless as you say you help them along a bit. Having said that my cystic acne has stopped pretty much on my face apart from 1 area. Still get the odd bumps but they are no longer deep or painful. I keep getting painful cysts and spots around and on the ears though. Guess everyone is different.

So the existing cysts you have/had are healing pretty much the same as pre-tane? This makes me wonder how people with horrible acne, suddenly have beautiful skin after 5-6 months :think: On top of that a regular nodule takes about over 2 months to heal naturally completely. I thought with tane it'll take like a month or less. BAH!