Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I'm fairly new around here (Unfortunately the same can't be said about my acne!) I'm feeling down in the dumps today and wondered what you guys do to overcome this feeling. I don't suffer from severe acne but i get these funny bumps which mottle my face like freckles! It makes me so self consious and almost paranoid at times because i have to keep checking them. Its worse when i'm at school, i spend ages trying to conceal it in the mornings (Much to no avail) and then i have to check throughout the day. People may think i'm being vain but i know i wouldn't do it if i didn't have acne. I hate having friends who have perfect skin and wishing i were as lucky and i hate hiding my face at every oppurtunity so people won't see my acne as much. I just wish i had clear skin for once, i wish i could go out without makeup. Its so depressing seeing everyone around you with lovely skin and then theres you sticking out like a sore thumb.

i play guitar and listen to music, if my fingers are getting too sore from guitar i go and watch the simpsons if it's on.

lol, i remember whrn i started, i was at my uncle's house and there was guitar there, all i started to do was play with the strings because i had no idea how to play it yet, then my dad picked it up and started to play "smoke on the water" by deep pueple, then he just said, "you could play that", and i was like "REALLY???" then he taught it to me and i've been addicted for about two years ever since.

Hey,

I'm fairly new around here (Unfortunately the same can't be said about my acne!) I'm feeling down in the dumps today and wondered what you guys do to overcome this feeling. I don't suffer from severe acne but i get these funny bumps which mottle my face like freckles! It makes me so self consious and almost paranoid at times because i have to keep checking them. Its worse when i'm at school, i spend ages trying to conceal it in the mornings (Much to no avail) and then i have to check throughout the day. People may think i'm being vain but i know i wouldn't do it if i didn't have acne. I hate having friends who have perfect skin and wishing i were as lucky and i hate hiding my face at every oppurtunity so people won't see my acne as much. I just wish i had clear skin for once, i wish i could go out without makeup. Its so depressing seeing everyone around you with lovely skin and then theres you sticking out like a sore thumb.

i know exactly how you feel-just remember in the end it will all be worth it

Keep busy, thats my answer to everything, doesnt work for everyone but whenever I'm down the worse thing I can ever do is sit down and dwell on it. Funny enough I also play guitar and drums, I can sit down and concentrate on these things and my mind wont wonder about my skin or whatever else bothers me .. plus its a constructive thing to do, there is an outcome which is rewarding.

I tried to teach myself some guitar chords a while ago but somehow i don't think they sound right! When i try to occupy myself my mind always wanders back to my face, i don't know how many times i've checked my face today! I don't know why i do it either, maybe its because i subconsiously think my acne will get worse if i don't stare at it or maybe its the other way round and i think it will magically get better the longer i spend staring? Whatever it is it surely isn't healthy! lol! Bah people worry about their weight, height and Bfs and then theres me worrying about my skin - They just take having clear skin for granted....little do they know how some of us struggle to even show our faces.

I watch something funny like stand-up comedies (though not all of them are really funny) or any funny TV shows. I like laughing a lot, :razz: . I mean it really makes me feel a lot better :D

Engaging in anything I enjoy, like reading and watching movies or documentaries. Lucky for me, most of my favorite things to do don't require me to socialize much! Also, I love visiting my parents (which I do every weekend), for a number of reasons: A. I like my parents, B. They live in the country and I usually don't have to face anyone but them, C. They make me feel really good about myself and I feel super comfortable around them, like I don't have to impress them with my looks - no pressure, ya know?

I've nearly finished my exams so i'll have 2 months of healing to do afterwards! I suppose in a way thats a good thing because i don't have to show my face! I went to watch a film the other day and i don't know if any of you have this weird sixth sense but i could tell i was going to get some more funny bumps on my forehead halfway through the film! Its just a feeling you get and fair enough i was right. My parents seem to think i'll grow out of acne.......but thats not always the case and i can't wait around a few more years looking like a walking pizza! lol! Screw it i'll switch on some "Friends" :lol: Thanks guys!