Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david20647

Accutane is the only thing that works!

There are so many dire warnings about Accutane that people are afraid to use it but it works. My son and several of friends used it with no serious side effects ( the worst side effect for all of them was very chapped lips) and after 6 months their skin was clear. My son had severe acne for 3 years, he tried everything, (Doxycyline, topicals, even Proactive but nothing worked) Because of all the warnings I was afraid for him to take Accutane but it turned ou to be a miracle drug.

It is a strong drug and should be taken carefully but some of the hype is unwarranted. There is no proven link between it and depresssion (read the articles carefully). My dermatologist says he usually sees the opposite effect, an improvement in mood while taking the drug.

I would recommend it!

I have been on accutane for only a little over a week, and I have seen no signs of depression in myself.

From what I have read, I think accutane was the scapegoat for the reason a kid flew a plane into a skyscraper in Tampa, FL. I am not sure if it was that paticular kid, but there was also an incident with a legislators son and suicide.

Unfortunately, our society, and maybe human nature in general, likes to point fingers at others rather than taking the responsibility for one's own actions.

I definately agree with david and I'm sure many others do also!

Unfortunately, our society, and maybe human nature in general, likes to point fingers at others rather than taking the responsibility for one's own actions.

:clap: well said

I fully agree with you David. I did not want to start Accutane because of all the scary side effects that come up when you Google this drug. I did so much reading for the last few years about Accutane and finally decided that if it was not working for me or giving me side effects I couldn't tolerate I would stop. Even though I have been experiencing some side effects that are bothersome I wouldn't change a thing. I have been on this med for almost a month and my face is glowing and almost free of acne. I am happier NOW than I was previous to taking this. I hope that anyone who reads my post and has not taken the plunge, to give it a chance and don't let the internet scare tactics run you off. You deserve to live a life free of acne.

Good luck to ALL! :wub: Mel

I got Acne Fulminans only after taking a full Accutane course. Be wary, the side effects are real. I would not recommend it.

HadOne,

There are so many people that have responded so well to Accutane and it has changed lives. Your case sounds isolated as I have done a lot of research and there aren't direct links to say that in fact Accutane was the direct source of your outcome. KWIM?! It may have happened without the Accutane. Did you talk to your doctor? It could have been a multitude of things not just one. GL

If anyone knows of posts on the effects of accutane on children, or parents opinions on accutane on their teenager kids, I would like to read them, they're very interested. Being a 14 year old boy, about 5' 11", I really want to go on, but my sister is afraid of stunted growth, liver problems, and ect. She's a pharmacist, and has been on it herself, and is on it now. I just want to know how my skin would fare on it, and how its effected other people in my age. Thanks.

How long have your son finished accutane ?? i too was on accutane for 6 months but off of it for 2 months now, im getting tiny whiteheads every few days and they are anooying !! Also my oil is returning :(