Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antoni

good luck to everyone... there is hope

sorry if there's any grammatical errors.. english is not my native language.. :|

I've been battling severe acne since I was 12 years old, and now i'm 22 years old... I've been depress for so many years now... suffer from low-self esteem.. especially when i'm around the opposite sex. I dare not look at people in the eye, i'm just so convinced they think i look like a monster.

For years i've been asking God why he bestowed upon me a curse of lifelong acne.. and then, something worse happen when i was 16, the doctor diagnosed me with psoriasis, and psoriasis, like acne, is another incurable disease... so guess what? I not only had horrible bumps and scars all over my face, i had pink scaly lesions all over my legs and thighs... I was on the brink of suicide. I wondered... how could i continue living like this?

Then a few months ago... i came across this website.. and i started researching on several products based on Dan's and other forum members' recommendations... my acne has actually toned down.. at least there are no new breakouts. I don't know which is it... but i took vitamin b5, zinc, liver detox, fish-oil and vitamin C capsules all at the same time. I started taking more fruits and vegetables as well. To be honest, i did try using benzoyl peroxide, but it didn't work for me.. it was too harsh for my skin. I've been contemplating on whether to take accutane or not... given that the side effects are pretty severe.

OVerall, what i'm trying to say is... no matter how bad things get, there's always hope.. u've just gotta keep on trying. I was ready to live with acne and be depress for the rest of my life.. now.. as things seem to be gradually improving, I am ready to fight acne! ;) Thank you all for providing so many details and helping one another. I truly love this messageboard and will always support everyone~ I've always thought that nobody understands how i truly feel bcos everyone around me has perfect skin. But now i know that there are ppl out there like me, and i'm glad to know that i'm not alone in this battle.

As for my psoriasis, it's really severe, but i'm not giving up either.

Good luck to everyone~

its good to hear theres hope...i too have severe cystic acne and am very depressed by it..but hopefully it will be over one day!

sorry if there's any grammatical errors.. english is not my native language.. :|

I've been battling severe acne since I was 12 years old, and now i'm 22 years old... I've been depress for so many years now... suffer from low-self esteem.. especially when i'm around the opposite sex. I dare not look at people in the eye, i'm just so convinced they think i look like a monster.

For years i've been asking God why he bestowed upon me a curse of lifelong acne.. and then, something worse happen when i was 16, the doctor diagnosed me with psoriasis, and psoriasis, like acne, is another incurable disease... so guess what? I not only had horrible bumps and scars all over my face, i had pink scaly lesions all over my legs and thighs... I was on the brink of suicide. I wondered... how could i continue living like this?

Then a few months ago... i came across this website.. and i started researching on several products based on Dan's and other forum members' recommendations... my acne has actually toned down.. at least there are no new breakouts. I don't know which is it... but i took vitamin b5, zinc, liver detox, fish-oil and vitamin C capsules all at the same time. I started taking more fruits and vegetables as well. To be honest, i did try using benzoyl peroxide, but it didn't work for me.. it was too harsh for my skin. I've been contemplating on whether to take accutane or not... given that the side effects are pretty severe.

OVerall, what i'm trying to say is... no matter how bad things get, there's always hope.. u've just gotta keep on trying. I was ready to live with acne and be depress for the rest of my life.. now.. as things seem to be gradually improving, I am ready to fight acne! ;) Thank you all for providing so many details and helping one another. I truly love this messageboard and will always support everyone~ I've always thought that nobody understands how i truly feel bcos everyone around me has perfect skin. But now i know that there are ppl out there like me, and i'm glad to know that i'm not alone in this battle.

As for my psoriasis, it's really severe, but i'm not giving up either.

Good luck to everyone~

keep on fighting, you will never know the answers if you trow your life away. I can tell from your spirit that you will get through this, and have great things waiting to happen to you in life. Keep up the good work.

Despite the fact that only 0.1 - 0.5% of the people in the world suffer from severe acne and scars, our number can total to a million!

Sorry but I totally give up, nothing seems to make a dent in the acne on my neck and I clear up and then break out almost in the same way, starts with one red spot and develops into a massive break out! I am done, I will be the only mother of the bride in about 6 or 7 yrs with acne, the only grandma with acne and the only 92 yr old with acne and the only dearly departed with acne! I have accepted that I will never get rid of this so just going to live my life and not apologize for my skin! I hope my girls just don't have this the rest of their lives. Anyway, good luck to all in finding clear skin.

Sorry but I totally give up, nothing seems to make a dent in the acne on my neck and I clear up and then break out almost in the same way, starts with one red spot and develops into a massive break out! I am done, I will be the only mother of the bride in about 6 or 7 yrs with acne, the only grandma with acne and the only 92 yr old with acne and the only dearly departed with acne! I have accepted that I will never get rid of this so just going to live my life and not apologize for my skin! I hope my girls just don't have this the rest of their lives. Anyway, good luck to all in finding clear skin.

I have been battling acne now for almost 25 years now, and in just the last couple of years I've figured some stuff out on my own. elfgirl, I have to ask you, what kind of soap do you use on your problematic neck area. I've figured out that any kind of soap/cleanser w/ dyes, fragrances and alcohol aggravate and flare up cystic acne. Case in point, I was on Accutane about 8 years ago, and the cystic acne persisted, now I know why!!! The neck area is an extremely sensitive part of the body...imagine having trying to shave it also!!! I thought I would share, you may be worsening your own condition.

Don't use soap on my neck, all I use is neutogena clear soap on face, previously I used Ivory but it dried my skin out too bad I don't even put moisturizer on it and the soap doesn't have fragrances or dyes in it either.

Don't use soap on my neck, all I use is neutogena clear soap on face, previously I used Ivory but it dried my skin out too bad I don't even put moisturizer on it and the soap doesn't have fragrances or dyes in it either.

Good move not using soap on your neck! Do you use any kind of oral or topicals for this, topicals are a tough one, again this area is very sensitive. I can't use any soap in this region. After I get out of the shower, I have to shave. I use Bump Fighter razors designed for African-American men, Edge Ultra Senstive Gel, and cold water...yes, cold water!!! Hot tends to open the pores, and create havoc as far as irritation and ingrowns. The key here is shaving as light as possible, with the grain, of course. It may not be the best shave in the world, however...any shave that reduces redness, bumps, and ingrowns is a good shave in my book. When I get done, it at least looks decent.

No, sometimes I put a dot of bp on the zit and only there to help take it down but only when I get home from work and its only on the zit for about 4 hrs then I rinse it off with water in the shower and pat dry with a clean towel every nite. Then just don't put anything on it.

No, sometimes I put a dot of bp on the zit and only there to help take it down but only when I get home from work and its only on the zit for about 4 hrs then I rinse it off with water in the shower and pat dry with a clean towel every nite. Then just don't put anything on it.

OK, one more thing, are you on any kind of oral antibiotic? Has your doctor ever tried Septra-Bacrtim before?

Nope, no oral anything and I haven't really talked to him about this at all.

do u mean to say you have accepted that you are going to have acne for the rest of your life although u have never asked your doctor about it or been to see a dermatologist?

i am currently using differin cream, minimycin tablets and vilantae

you need a prescription from your doc for the differin cream and the minimycin tablets but the vilantae u can get off the internet. its essentially vitamin b5 with all of the other vitamins that you need.

cheer up,

its obviously not going to go away by itself

so give it a bit of fight back by killing the little bastards for once

good luck!

:) brad

Thank you for the luck. I will need it. Good luck to you to! :)

Antoni, I really hope things work out for you. I had severe acne for 4 years, but now mine has toned down to moderate/mild- so there is hope for everyone!

brads 2000. no I am not doing the antibiotics because they have caused more trouble for me than worth it also I know what foods trigger a break out, peanuts, peanut butter and pork products kill for me, so I read lables and ;yes I eat healthy and drink tons of water take my vitamins and treat my skin gently. I don't have acne on my face just when something slips through do I break out on my neck. I have also been under tremendous stress the last couple of months, my 18yr old is going to college and my father just passed away 1 day before Fathers day after fighting a fast growing cancer for 6 months, so my stress is out the roof! It seems to be another factor for me.

elf girl, what kind of trouble has antibiotics for acne caused you? yeast? I may be able to help if you get more specific. I also break out from stress and am not into antibiotics, but sometimes I take them.

brads 2000. no I am not doing the antibiotics because they have caused more trouble for me than worth it also I know what foods trigger a break out, peanuts, peanut butter and pork products kill for me, so I read lables and ;yes I eat healthy and drink tons of water take my vitamins and treat my skin gently. I don't have acne on my face just when something slips through do I break out on my neck. I have also been under tremendous stress the last couple of months, my 18yr old is going to college and my father just passed away 1 day before Fathers day after fighting a fast growing cancer for 6 months, so my stress is out the roof! It seems to be another factor for me.

ok, well what kind of skin do you have? is it oily?

brad

No its not oily except a little on forehead and nose but I can live with that. After having several yeast infections caused by antiboitics I have read so much about them and seen the results from my 18yr old having so many problems with them that finally the dr. suggested her tonsils be taken out but she still has problems with her ears and I just do not want to take them. Its like I said just when something slips through I break out on my neck. Appreciate the suggestion of them.

No its not oily except a little on forehead and nose but I can live with that. After having several yeast infections caused by antiboitics I have read so much about them and seen the results from my 18yr old having so many problems with them that finally the dr. suggested her tonsils be taken out but she still has problems with her ears and I just do not want to take them. Its like I said just when something slips through I break out on my neck. Appreciate the suggestion of them.

i just started taking vilantae

so far so good although its still early (only been on it for 5 days)

u should check it out

www.vilantae.com

brad

Antoni said:

I've been battling severe acne since I was 12 years old, and now i'm 22 years old... I've been depress for so many years now... suffer from low-self esteem.. especially when i'm around the opposite sex....

Oh my god, I started reading this post and I almost felt like I had written it. I even checked the name to make sure I hadn't written it several months ago and forgotten all about it.

Acne is horrible and the worst thing is that the world is so intolerant of it....for years I felt like a loser or a nerd who couldn't be cool or have a girlfriend because of it.

Finally Ive realised that this fight against acne has made me so much stronger as a person...I mean, for a 22 year old I'm definitely mature beyond my years, and I have a lot more empathy for others.....I never write people off on how they look or appear on the outside. Keep up the fight, get a dermatologist if you can and remember that many girls have suffered from bad acne too (apparently 56% of acne sufferers are female) and should be understanding of your problems.

All the best. Feel free to add me ([email protected]) if you like.