Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurt by my skin

Vinegar and Lemon Method question

I tried it for a month and it was good. I think it can benefit scars over time BUT, I wouldn't recommend it more than 2-3 times a week tops! It's too much to do it every day or every other day.

Just my view of it.

actually ive just started using neat apple cider vinegar with asprins mixed in morning and night. My skin tingles but im having no adverse reaction.

Guess it depends on how much your skin can tolerate..?

Z0mbiE, I actually did it for 3 weeks every day and everything was alright but then I got a skin reaction so I only did it twice a week and everything was ok again. It really is too much on a daily basis in my opinion. It's also unnecessary.

what kind of skin reaction?

I figured it was ok to use everyday instead of a toner...? Just a deeper astringent. Can it be harmful?

It looked like a rash. Like skin was really irritated. It passed after two days.

I think it's way too much to use it every day.

actually ive just started using neat apple cider vinegar with asprins mixed in morning and night. My skin tingles but im having no adverse reaction.

Guess it depends on how much your skin can tolerate..?

what does the aspirin do?

asprin is saliydic (sp?) acid. It kills bacteria and clears the pores. Adding it to the vinegar (shaking before using) gives it an added factor.

I do an asprin mask once a week too.

2 or so asprins crushed and dissolved in 1/4 teaspoon of water and 1/4 teaspoon of lemon. Apply the grainy mixture to your face, scrub and wash off after 10 mins.

ive cut back on using the vinegar just to a couple of times a week for 30 mins.

I asked Dr.Chu about the idea of using vinegar on the face and his expression was so funny. He sort of screwed up his face looking bemused then smirked and said at best may be astringent, then said "the only thing i think vinegar will really do for you is make you smell" XD

He did say that asprin is ok tho. Once a week to clear pores = good thing,