Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurt by my skin

Sometimes I look SO UGLY!!!

I've been looking at photos of me. I'm not talking about acne scars, I'm just talking about my features. Sometimes I look so damn bad! My nose is big! My features are not balanced! I'm overweight! I LOOK HORRIBLE! Other times I look okay. I guess it has something to with lighting.

shit.

oh my lord..how i know how u feel.

Its so weird. From some angles either photos or home movies i look really quite nice then from others like some freaky twisty face person. Maybe we notice this stuff more on ourselves. And yes lighting has something to do with it too. I guess the average model has more symetry or something, cuz all i know is that one side of my face gen is softer and better looking than the other..and im not talking scars either. Im talking about the way light falls on it, erm thats y im considering fillers, not that im suggesting people should. I just want to try it out. From some angles my nose looks quirky and cute and from others it sticks out and looks big..i think its the way shadows fall across my face etc.

I saw one home vid taken of me and i looked so awful that it crushed my self-esteme and i actually wanted to..um just die really. It really did make me feel there was no hope...scar free or not. At other times i get ppl saying how attractive i am. I dont get it, and find it so difficult to accept compliments, but im learning to. If someone finds me attractive what right do i have to discard their kind comment. Its unfair to me and them.

hurt, dont worry too much cuz i really think most ppl are the same, but we tend to look at their best features. I think other look at us the same way..and if they dont, and focus on our worse angles then they arent worth being friends with.

The least we owe ourselves is to accept that we are not ugly and appreciate how others, esp the ppl that love us, see us.

Ughh, i think everyones a bit like this... it's mainly to do with magazines etc they portray their idea of beauty which everyone judges themself against, It's not nice. it's kind of unhealthy aswell to obsess about these things too :(

Sometimes I feel ugly too but there are times when I feel pretty. Its weird. My skin really makes a big difference to my appearance but I was born with beautiful features either. My features are OK.

Sometimes I'm like....alright, I'm not that great looking, I'm fine with that, but WTF, why is acne slapped on top of that?! lol

Sometimes I'm like....alright, I'm not that great looking, I'm fine with that, but WTF, why is acne slapped on top of that?! lol

lol

I totally agree. Sometimes i look in the mirror and my skin doesnt seem all that bad. other times (like today) i look in the mirror and think GOOD LORD.lol. Why cant some miracle scientist come out with a cure n save us all a lot of unneeded bullshit.

I've been looking at photos of me. I'm not talking about acne scars, I'm just talking about my features. Sometimes I look so damn bad! My nose is big! My features are not balanced! I'm overweight! I LOOK HORRIBLE! Other times I look okay. I guess it has something to with lighting.

shit.

Hey, I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I agree, the light can play tricks on how we look. Sometimes if the lights are on to the fullest your skin can look o.k, but if it's lowered to a certain degree then the self-consciousness of how you feel about YOU is on show for all to see...or is it?

Confidence, or lack of it, has its role to play too. This can make us feel rather low and depressed as we are always thinking about our skin and scars. Mostly, its the psycological scars that can mantain our way of life because of how we feel about ourselves. Don't feel that just because scarring or the emphasis of the skin is only on the surface because sometimes we need to deal with the way we are feeling inside too and talking about this will help.

Kind Regards

I think great skin makes such a big improvement in someone's appearance, like night and day!! Just about anyone with perfect skin can look beautiful in my opinion. I don't have perfect physical features, but I still think I would look nice w/out scars and pimples. Having great skin is all I ever want in terms of physical appearance.

i know how u guys feel it also has alot to do with depression when ur depressed u look alot worse then when ur excited about living, ur face seems to glow more so try and stay as least depressed as possible, i remeber when i didnt have acne before and i was having these problems then when i got acne i felt like takin my pellet gun and shooting myself in the brain(idk weather or not this would kill me lol) but u have to realize alot of people change over time (physically) and i figure now if i could get through this acne i would be stronger then when i was when i didnt have acne, cause just the fact that ill look at myself with more confidence, so yea i think mostly every1 goes through stuff like this except people like bradd pitt and angelina jolliee lol people like that. (and i still get really depressed about this stuff i dont think it will ever go completely but if my acne goes it will decrease a shitload)

hi masterk - sorry off topic people (I triem PM already) - can you recommend your doc? thanks.

I know how that feels! Being in the photography/design world, I see this everyday!! But at the same time its made me realized that nothing we see is really how anything looks. Every single photo you see in a mag is touched up, even on websites... I have touched up a lot of photos for people, and in photography lighting is everything. You can totally change a person's face and play up features with the right lighting, same goes with bad lighting..