Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John360

Drinking lots of water

I know this was mentioned just the other day, but I am bringing it up again because the last post got pretty long and I don’t know how many people read the last page.

I tried drinking a glass of water every hour and after 2 days my face was totally clear and really smooth, and the oil on my face was 50% less, but for some reason it only lasted 3 days even though I didn’t stop drinking.

Because it worked initially its obvious my body has problems getting rid of toxics and water must of flushed them out to allow my liver to do its job properly, but has anyone got any suggestions on why it stopped working?

Thanks in advanced.

hey the EXACT same thing happened to me - i started drinking LOADS of water, and i was pretty clear for a few days, and then back to normal. i still drink loads of water, though, because its good for you!

i really dont know why this happened but i would love to know - it could be my cure!!!!

Yep, same story here. I still drink >5 litres a day.

5 liters a day, damn that's over doing it a little right there.

Well I remember I read somewhere that you can't drink too much water. As long as you keep salt levels on par.

you can drink too much water it is recommended that you drink 3 liters a day if i'm not mistaken.

so you guys know

2-3 litres is about right

drinking more than that isnt helping your skin as you will be washing out the zinc from your body, and zinc is key to fighting acne!

2-3 is fine for a person on a normal day

more might be needed if your working out etc but on average 2-3 is what you should be aiming for!

I drink a lot of water every day. Having acne and reading about it is what got me started, but I never really saw any changes with my face. Now I do it because it's healthy.

Wow, I had exactly the same experience. I started drinking 7 glasses of 250 mL (up to 1.75L) and the next day, no more bump, my acne was fine. The next day, it's still fine. Third day, I can feel bumps coming back (pus). I'm now day for and it's back to day 0, back when I hadn't started drinking any water.

One of my explanation, though might just be for me, is that even though I kept drinking the required amount of water, it wasn't consistently, meaning it wasn't each and every 2 hours. On day 3 I drank like 4+ glasses in less than 2 hours (it was like a drinking contest) and I pee'd so much... However, it seems the "pus" came back.

I'll stop drinking those 7 glasses per day for like 5 days and I'll try once more.

I also remember that I had taken a shower the day before or on day 1 and I think that showers have to do with the skin itself as it allowed my pores to open. (So I might give a shower + water driking test).

Hope to hear some feedback from you guys

I hardly drink anything but water. I have fruit juice in the morning and I drink alcohol about once a week but thats about it in the summer. In the winter I do drink quite a lot of energy drinks but thats for sporting reasons.

Not really sure if water makes a great deal of difference but its defently better than drinking drinks with lots of sugar like coke.

yea, its great to drink water, but like someone else mentioned that too much water is bad for sodium levels.

Low sodium levels lead to seizures....

yea, its great to drink water, but like someone else mentioned that too much water is bad for sodium levels.

Low sodium levels lead to seizures....

So if you drink a lot of water it is sensible to eat food that contains salt?

i drink 3 litres a day and would not touch anything else apart from pure fruit juice. To be honest i have only noticed a slight difference but i still do it because its better for me all around than any fizzy drink or other crap, even if it doesn't clear my face completely at least my teeth wont have rotted away

i've drank like a 14 oz cup which is 400 ml plus an 8 oz cup every hour since 11 until now which is 4. Is that too much?

i've drank like a 14 oz cup which is 400 ml plus an 8 oz cup every hour since 11 until now which is 4. Is that too much?

Sounds good so far. If you weight about 108 lbs, that would have been the good amount of water to drink.

Amount of water to drink = Your weight (in lbs) /2 = Amount of water to drink (in oz)

Ex. 128 lbs/2 = 64 oz > 8 bottles of 8 oz water.

Sounds good so far. If you weight about 108 lbs, that would have been the good amount of water to drink.

Amount of water to drink = Your weight (in lbs) /2 = Amount of water to drink (in oz)

Ex. 128 lbs/2 = 64 oz > 8 bottles of 8 oz water.

I had like 130 something ounces of water today. WAAY too much, I'd say. lol. Tomorrow I'm definetly going to only have 8 glasses of water. lol.

What kind of water do you drink? tap? I drink aquafina flavored water.. I wonder, since it's flavored.. if it has any ... post effect to my facial health.

The body loses around 1.5 litres of water through the day so you have to cover that up as well so its necc to have 3 litres ,plus if you have coffee or carbonated drinks it makes it even worse and you have to drink even more.If you have fruit juices through out the day then you dont need to take 3 litres of water as youll be getting plenty from the frutis.5 litres a day as someone mentioned i think can have adverse effects and damage the liver if done for long run.Dont expect the the result in 3 days,this is a long run and life time commitment thing,there is no magic in water it will just cleanse the system properly and in long run help may help you form breaking out but you have to also have a good healthy diet to have your system totally cleansed.

The body loses around 1.5 litres of water through the day so you have to cover that up as well so its necc to have 3 litres ,plus if you have coffee or carbonated drinks it makes it even worse and you have to drink even more.If you have fruit juices through out the day then you dont need to take 3 litres of water as youll be getting plenty from the frutis.5 litres a day as someone mentioned i think can have adverse effects and damage the liver if done for long run.Dont expect the the result in 3 days,this is a long run and life time commitment thing,there is no magic in water it will just cleanse the system properly and in long run help may help you form breaking out but you have to also have a good healthy diet to have your system totally cleansed.

I still don't get the amount of American ounces that would be...:P

drinking too much water can be really bad for you, worse than not drinking any water at all.

it's recommended to drink 8, 8-ounce glasses of water a day.