Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need to stop thinking about my acne so much... my mum had a long talk with me yesterday... it make me realise how much I have changed... due to acne. She told me how much she missed the old me.. the happy me... acne has turned me into a anti-social monster that hides in my room all day! My mum also told me since acne has bothered me so much she said she could sense a negative energy in the house! I hated the fact something so SMALL and stupid made my house depressing to everyone else in my family! I mean acne heals.. and obvoiusly we all know that. I think I need to stop worrying so much.. my mum started to get acne again at 43... it got quite bad on her cheeks but she said to herself... "I don't care..." She forgot that she had acne on her face and stopped worrying and stressing and her face got so much better. I need to adopt that approach... just think "Acne heals... it will go one day.. and why should I care what people think of me... its my problem not theirs!!!"

I don't really know... acne is a major problem for millions of people.. but I quess people make it a problem... I know acne really sucks and it makes me so depressed but I am just fed up with thinking about myself so much... I could spend more time in my life enjoying the moment... and not looking in the mirror and obssessing about how I look. From now on... I just don't care!!! :hand: lol sorry for the long story.. I just needed to get it out!! hehe!

thats great i think youre moms wonderful for saying that. Im just starting to accept mine after about 4 or 5 years. Finally able to realize its worse in my mind and just a part of my face people dont think twice about (hopefully)

thats really cool cuz i know some parents that are actually kinda numb to it, or are almost rude about it. you have a really understanding mom and you should be pretty thankful. and glad to hear youre letting go and having fun.

your right about it being in the mind aswel

if you accept yourself for it then it doesnt matter

its a lot less obvious than you think, no1 really studies your face like you do in the mirror and i dont think people realise that!

thats great i think youre moms wonderful for saying that. Im just starting to accept mine after about 4 or 5 years. Finally able to realize its worse in my mind and just a part of my face people dont think twice about (hopefully)

very true a lot of acne is in your mind, you notice it more than anyone else. like for instance today i just met up with this girl face to face for the 2nd time for a date, 1st time was in a dark club so i wasn't too botherd. But since the 1st time i have put it off so many times when we was supposed to meet up because i got a spot or whatever but today i thought what the hell im just going to go and see her and im glad i did because it went really well and we both really like each other. Now i just regret the times i put it off the last couple of months (yes months don't know why she was still interested) when i could have met her. :doubt: