Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone here tried a light to medium chemical peel to help with acne and acne scars? I knew a girl who raved about getting one, said it did wonders for her. Anyone here try that? If so, what were your results?

I had a course of glycolic acid peels (3 at 40% and 3 at 70%) to help with my mild acne. They did help quite a bit, but not as much as I was hoping, however, as they are relatively inexpensive I would recommend them and am glad I had mine done :)

Well al my scarring went away and even my wrinckles, but acne? No way! They have to put a really really greasy creme on it so your skin won't get burned and after you got all flakky the acne comes up due to the creme!

But it did wonder for my scarring!

I did numerous 55% lactic acid peels over the course of two months to help with my acne (which, thanks to a great skin care regimen was mostly under control) and post-inflammatory redness, and it worked miracles! Plus, down time was minimal. I don't break out anymore provided I maintain a very basic regimen that focuses on keeping my pores clear (I no longer need disinfectants). You may want to look into a beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) peel, which exfoliates inside the pore and is supposed to be gentler when compared with other peels.

My boyfriend, upon seeing my success, decided to get some lactic acid peels too. He had been performing them for almost two months and they have not helped him what-so-ever; if anything, his skin looked a little worse.

EDIT June 20th: OK, I just saw my boyfriend, who has been continuing the peels even though I've been telling him to stop. His skin is looking a lot better now. Not perfect, but it definately looks like his acne is starting to turn around. I'll post an update if his recent success continues.

I was thinking of a medium TCA peel, which is supposed to be pretty effective but will have about a week's downtime wherein you look like Freddy Krueger.

How was the downtime, and what did they effect?

If you been by downtime as in how long did it take to recover, it was no time at all. They didn't even make me look too red and I could go out striaght after I'd had them done. And I meant they helped my active acne a little bit, and also I think red marks although back when I had them done I didn't really pay much attension to the red marks as they didn't bother me too much :)

About 70% of my problems are acne marks, and the other 30% is real active pimples. An esthetician told me that glycolic peels would probably be good.

I have some very brown marks as well as fresh red marks. I heard that mandelic acid was good for brown marks but the derm said that it can leave you with white marks that will never go away. I heard the next best thing for marks is chem peels. My derm is so stupid though. He told me never to go to an esthetitican for them and he will only do peels once my acne is totally cleared up! That could be years and I have to live with these marks for that long!?!

I'm thinking about posting pictures later.

Lactic acid peels are apparently really superficial. TCA peels of medium strength basically make the top few layers of skin come off, which takes about a weeka nd makes you look pretty monstrous. So I'm more curious about the more deep chem peels...light ones I know about.

Lactic acid peels are apparently really superficial. TCA peels of medium strength basically make the top few layers of skin come off, which takes about a weeka nd makes you look pretty monstrous. So I'm more curious about the more deep chem peels...light ones I know about.

I thought you were looking for information on light to medium peels? That's what your first post said anyway.

"Has anyone here tried a light to medium chemical peel to help with acne and acne scars?"

-Malise

Check out this link for information on various chemical peels, including deep ones:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=23

I had a medium depth peel recenetly> obagi blue peel with the whole obagi system.I did it for my mild left over scars and couple of left over acne marks.It did absolutely NOTHIng for them and just made me more fair which even went away in a couple of weeks.The results really vary in peels and you may need to do atleast 3 of them to get good results.But for mild acne whiteheads blackheads etc i found the Obagi nuderm skin regimen awesome (even though its extremely expensive),i have/had very mild acne and they are totally gone i have no bumps and the oilyness is almost nothing now.

Aww you guys i am very exited to get a chem peel! I don't even mind acne so much as i mind the scars that come with it. People understand acne is acne, but even whenever i am totally clear it still looks like i am all broken out because of my scars...

i am waiting for an apointment with my new derm to get set up for a chem peel. I am expecting to go through several before i start seing success, but i am glad other ppl have been able to see improvment

I HAD severe acne and thanks to tazorac, I break out alot less. I had a bad experience few weeks ago (?) where I broke out like crazy from cysts but it went away. That was my last major break out.

And... I'm getting a chemical peel next thursday!! I'm pretty sure its a TCA peel. [i'm dark] I can't wait!! I have alot of scarring, Even if my acne is under control, my scars are still there.

I just turned 16 and I am giving up my whole summer just to have clear skin. I will be taking before and after shots and the downtime from the chemical peels, next week and so :) so be on the look out!

are these chem facial peels safe to do on prescription meds? (i use ovace face wash, minocycline, differin, and BP) caus i only hav lik 2 pimples but a lot of large clogged pores and a bunch of red marks i wana get red of fast caus theyve been there for months. also where do u get these done and how much money do they usualy cost