Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mx123

Going on holiday..

Well, it looks like my parents are going to be forcing me to go on holiday with them, as according to them I'm not old enough to look after myself, even though my 19 year old brother is going to be here. :angry:

Anyway, I would probably be outside in the sun for most of the day, and going swimming and stuff like that..

Should be great for my skin [/sarcasm]

Would there be any point in putting BP on in the morning, if it is just going to get washed off as soon as I go in the pool?

I would say there is aslong as you make aure it is fully into your pores (apply it properly and wait the correct times inbetween steps). However, the chlorine is likely to dry out your skin alot and so you will probably find that you need lots of moisturiser. And as youre going to be in the sun I would recommend using an SPF of atleast 30 :)

Most of the BP will be properly absorbed and won't come off from swimming/showering. :)

Besides, sun (with sunscreen applied!) and swimming (in the sea) should actually be good for your skin! :)

its very worth it if you just make sure you really rub in that BP so most of it is already in your pores by the time yo uare in the water. i find that most vacations bring improvement to your skin, so just enjoy yourself

yep, I agree with what the others have said.

I swim every day, and I still do the Regimen twice a day. Only difference is that I put on spf 30 Coppertone Oil-Free before going out to swim. And I do apply moisturizer after getting out of the pool because it does dry! So, if you go to the pool or beach or whatever, taking along a little bag with your sunscreen and moisturizer.

Keep doing the Regimen twice a day as usual. But just apply the sunscreen as the last step in the morning. Also keep that sunscreen handy as you will need to reapply it during the day to keep from burning. Remember topical acne products do make your skin more sun sensitive! So protect yourself!

And best of all, HAVE FUN!!!!!

and p.s. I don't think it is YOU that your parents don't trust, but sounds like it is your 19-year-old brother they don't trust to keep a proper eye on you! ;)