Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
easy step

has anyone tried Compound W?

I just saw an ad for compound W freeze off, a spray freeze treatment that u can buy at pharmacies. Compound W is a famous over the counter for wart removal with active ingredient being salcynic acid (ranging in doeses about 20-40%), which is 20 times the amount found for acne products which is usually 2 to 5%. But I was wondering if this medication maybe powerful enough to work on cysts by drying them out to the max.

I would NOT try this. You are likely to burn a hole in your skin with that stuff.

It works by freezing, essentially killing, the wart. If you do that on non-warty skin that has a cyst underneath, I think you would end up with a nasty scar, and still a cyst underneath that is now aggravated and worse.

Please, do not put that on your face........

I have to agree with Brandy, don't do it!!! I have used Compound W before on a wart that I had on my hand and it is pretty potent stuff. It almost felt like it was burning the wart off and the skin was really flaky and dry. I wouldn't reccommend putting it on anything that isn't a wart, especially if it is on your face.

Don't do it!!! I used that shit on my foot and it left a hole...I can't imagine how badly it would rip apart delicate facial skin.

On 6/17/2006 at 12:49 PM, VegasMike said:

I wouldn't try it either, too risky! But if anyone does try it post your results here.

I tried it the liquid one! I get employees that have a white pustule in for  years I've been plucking them out with tweezers and it always leaves a bigger scar even indentations so I got sick of it and decided to try the compound W because I read the back and it is 20%  salicylic acid.   I apply a small job let it sit for about 30 seconds then wipe it off with rubbing alcohol and almost immediately you can see that the white pustules is gone sometimes it just wipes right off then in the skin can heal really fast with no scar! this has change my life!!!  By the way I am 40 years old and been dealing with acne since I was in the fifth grade. 

Pimples not employees!