Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

I've been on the regimen for a long time..

I have used benzoyl peroxide on my skin for about 3 years now.. and i've been on the regimen for a while, have been very gentle to my skin, etc.

I still get very painful pimples though often

Could it be that I just have hormonal acne on my face? =\

I believe the regimen works with acne despite what its cause is, hormonal or not, as it prevents the actual acne bacteria from forming. You might want to read over the biggest mistake pages just to ensure you arent doing them accidentely http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html. And also if you list your products we might be able to help you more :)

yeah, i dont really think it matters what kind you have, cuz BP is there to stop all pimples, no matter what cause there may be. it could be something else in your regimen, you could be using too much, little things like that could be making this difference.

Read the biggest mistakes link that Janiet provided above (thanks Janiet!)

And let us know which products you are using, and exactly HOW you are using them. Don't leave out any details. We'll try to figure out what's going on.

Thank you guys

I read the biggest mistakes and this is a step I definantly do not follow--

"Not being gentle enough: when you apply the bp it should take several minutes. This requires patience. Make sure to go slowly and let the bp glide over your skin. Try to be patient and let it absorb on its own without forcing it. "

Also.. sometimes I use aloe vera if I get any big pimples

The products I use are-

Neutrogena on the spot (even though I really want the CSR gel =\)

Purpose Face Wash (the bar soap)

Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy lotion

being gentle is a big part

if you try really hard to apply gently and get used to it

you wil notice your skin is kinder to you :D

the reason being gentle is so important is any touching of your skin is irritation

so if your very gentle its almost not touching, and this helps to reduce irritation, which in turn helps to decrease acne !

Thank you guys

I read the biggest mistakes and this is a step I definantly do not follow--

"Not being gentle enough: when you apply the bp it should take several minutes. This requires patience. Make sure to go slowly and let the bp glide over your skin. Try to be patient and let it absorb on its own without forcing it. "

Also.. sometimes I use aloe vera if I get any big pimples

The products I use are-

Neutrogena on the spot (even though I really want the CSR gel =\)

Purpose Face Wash (the bar soap)

Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy lotion

Being gentle is a BIG part of the success of the CSR! Treat your skin like it is a delicate flower! No scrubbing or picking! I try not to touch my face at all during the day!

Your bp and wash are fine. But I don't see any moisturizer there! The Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy lotion is good for spot treating red marks but probably isn't moisturizing you enough!

Try to get one of the recommended moisturizers. Alot of people have commented that they break out more when they aren't adequately moisturized, that may be part of the problem.

And do be sure you are using two squiggly finger lines of Neutrogena bp for your entire face. If you can get Dan's gel, it is fabulous and is more cost effective than the on-the-spot, but if that isn't an option for you the Nuetrogena is effective too!

ohh, I was going to ask what you suggest for a moisturizer..

I was looking at reviews for Cetaphil, and that seems pretty good. Should I give it a try?

ohh, I was going to ask what you suggest for a moisturizer..

I was looking at reviews for Cetaphil, and that seems pretty good. Should I give it a try?

Will you be so kind to report your experience with that moisturiser if and when you get it? I'm going to buy some too, but unsure as to which to get :)

Hi!! I've been using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (16 oz) for a while now and I think it is great! My advice, though, is to not use a ton of it, just enough to make the dry feeling go away...hope this helps!! :D

Cetaphil is fine to try, or Neutrogena oil-free.

or if you want a moisturizer that has a bit of glycolic acid in it, you can try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion.

Guest Spike Rules89

I have used benzoyl peroxide on my skin for about 3 years now.. and i've been on the regimen for a while, have been very gentle to my skin, etc.

I still get very painful pimples though often

Could it be that I just have hormonal acne on my face? =\

Mandy have you thought of trying antibiotics? they work like a charm. You can get them from a general practioner