Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to my friend's cabin today and hung out with my best friends Sarah and Paul.. They know how I am with skin and somehow we got on the topic of acne.

This is what they told me-

--"well, all you gotta do is wash your face a couple times a day, and then you'll be clear. thats what I do, and I dont get any acne"

--"You can't get acne from genetics... it just happens.. just wash your face"

--"Why would you treat your entire face? only spot treat where you get pimples... whats the point of treating your entire face?"

--"Mandy, you can touch your face ALL you want no matter what, as long as you wash it later on.. then you won't get any zits"

Just stuff like that.... and everytime I tried to explain to them differently, they always referred to how "well, I have clear skin so im right". When I tried to explain from sources online, such as acne.org and other sites.. they said "You actually believe everything on the internet? im sure half those people on that acne site are just messing with you"

:wall::wall::wall:

haha oh well, what can ya do

hahha! People are so stupid when it comes to acne :P

I was talkigna bout shaving gel with my friend.

This is what happened

Me: What do you use?

Him: Gillete with moisturizer, you?

ME: Gillete for sensitive skin

Him: Sensitive skin? Not tough enough? (or soemthing along those lines)

Later I asked "Why have moisturizer in your shaving gel, your going to wash it off anyways, why dont you use moisturizer after?

Him: Only girls moisturize... Id be embarresed to moisturize (Theres me sitting there, during my last month of tane, with dead skin all over my face, and dry lips)

People...

hahha! People are so stupid when it comes to acne :P

I was talkigna bout shaving gel with my friend.

This is what happened

Me: What do you use?

Him: Gillete with moisturizer, you?

ME: Gillete for sensitive skin

Him: Sensitive skin? Not tough enough? (or soemthing along those lines)

Later I asked "Why have moisturizer in your shaving gel, your going to wash it off anyways, why dont you use moisturizer after?

Him: Only girls moisturize... Id be embarresed to moisturize (Theres me sitting there, during my last month of tane, with dead skin all over my face, and dry lips)

People...

aghh.. people need to be educated in the world of skincare haha

How did he find it embarrassing to moisturize? its just lotion!

i dont care anymore... girls seem to love the new age guy... if they ask i just say im a Metro... WOO!...lol

and for those who dont know wat a "metro" is it is a guy who looks after themselves, their skin and are cleanly cut and have a great dress sense...

AlKaMiMe :D

So you dress and look gay yet your not :)

Hahaha jk

I dont know many girls who like the whole metro look though.

I went to my friend's cabin today and hung out with my best friends Sarah and Paul.. They know how I am with skin and somehow we got on the topic of acne.

This is what they told me-

--"well, all you gotta do is wash your face a couple times a day, and then you'll be clear. thats what I do, and I dont get any acne"

--"You can't get acne from genetics... it just happens.. just wash your face"

--"Why would you treat your entire face? only spot treat where you get pimples... whats the point of treating your entire face?"

--"Mandy, you can touch your face ALL you want no matter what, as long as you wash it later on.. then you won't get any zits"

Just stuff like that.... and everytime I tried to explain to them differently, they always referred to how "well, I have clear skin so im right". When I tried to explain from sources online, such as acne.org and other sites.. they said "You actually believe everything on the internet? im sure half those people on that acne site are just messing with you"

:wall::wall::wall:

haha oh well, what can ya do

Id beat your friends with a spoon if I could :|

Hahaha jk

No, a metro just does take care of his body in a way that was culturally thought to be just a girl matter

If you take a man magazine with muscular models with a sick pack they all have depiled bodies, clear skin, are tanned perfectly and have higlighted hair, yet they look masculine anyway

Brad Pitt, Devon Sawa, Matt Demon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Edward Norton ... they are all of the metro kind :)

They pluck their eyebrows so they're in shape but not thin, they tan in silarium, they depile their bodies, develop muscles in the gym, highlights their hair, use products to safeguard their skin or to moisture their lips, spend more time dressing, washing and so on than a girl does ... and it's actually a good thing because the only reason why culturally men didn't take particular cure of their bodies was the slaving of women, since women were owned by men and had no rights by themselves, women had always to be sexy and cure their body to please the men while they would have to always worship the men not matter what, so becoming bald that would thought to make a girl ugly was said to be attractive on men, belly bear that was thought to be ugly on women that had to have flad abdomen was suddenly sexy in men, excessive hair that was thought to be ugly was suddenly a good trait for men and so on.

This has slowly changed as women got more power they didn't have to worship men anymore at all cost, and there was no gender power unbalance "condoning" everything for men while obliging women to always be at their best and therefore men suddenly too had to "work hard" as women if they wanted to be attractive, sexy and so on ...

Danny

yeah, people are stupid. i get way too frustrated talking to people about subjects they know nothing about. so i try to just avoid them.

I like guys who can be metro when they want and not metro. If a guys says moisturizer is for girls then he can go back to the cave he was living in and stay away from me.

damn right!

There is only one thing you can do if you want your friends to understand your problem

You must think of something that it's important or painful to them and underestimate its importance, de-emphasize its effect on their life, providing superficial remarks instead of sympathetic discussion and willingness to understand more on the subject.

When they will see how do you feel when your friends are superficial about something that it's very important to you they will also will understand how do you feel anytime they act like superficial idiots instead of caring and helpful important people in your life.

It's the only way, they have to feel how do you feel to understand your feelings, this is how it works with everyone

Danny

eh taking care of oneself... i think everyone does it to some degree... i do a good amount for myself but only the things i want to lol... as for others point of view well most don't care... i get occasional stares but for peeps really don't talk to me about it

no offense to your friends, im sure there nice people, but their ignorant and small minded.

they think just because they have clear skin they know the wonder cure to acne?

"u just need to wash your face"

OMG REALLY? HOW THE FK DID THESE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE NOT TRY THIS....

lol sorry, just ignorance annoys me :wall:

i dont think a lot of people who never had acne really understand just what is needed to be done to clear it up, or the things we have to go through. so many people seem to think just washing your face makes acne go away, but thats a complete lie. they just havent had to go through acne and understand it, so just forgive their ignorance.

people generally who arent afflicted or affected by a condition know nothing about it, its human nature. Just like any disease you might have.

Dont call them ignorant or small minded, theyre just trying to help. So be patient and understanding about it

people generally who arent afflicted or affected by a condition know nothing about it, its human nature. Just like any disease you might have.

Dont call them ignorant or small minded, theyre just trying to help. So be patient and understanding about it

It's the attitude the problem

If I want to be caring and helpful for a friend and I know nothing about his or her condition I ask

<can you please tell me more about your problem? I understand it's pretty important to you and I'd like to help or know more to help you>

The bad thing is not her friends giving her suggestions but it's when they underestimated the important of this problem, instead of trusting her feelings that it was a real problem for her, telling practically to her that she's making a too big deal out of it ... that's not a way to help

Her friend help was sincere only as long as she didn't explain why it didn't work like that for her, but when she explained to them and answered to their advices and they keep turning a deaf ear, that was not anymore unmalicious

Danny

I like guys who can be metro when they want and not metro. If a guys says moisturizer is for girls then he can go back to the cave he was living in and stay away from me.

lol wellmy friend has never been with a girl to my knowledge.

Now i know why lol

Whats most annoying is they honestly think they know everything when they have no proof to back up what theyre saying.

Like do they know why using a cleanser is helpful? Probably not.

Hahaha jk

same here, all the girls i know want there bf to be a real man, not another girl :razz: . the guy still had to take care of himself (nothing wrong with using a bit moisterizer) and be sensitive, but metro is far too gay and gay may be 'pretty' but it doenst turn on the lady's, believe me i have been in this kind of discussion lots of times with girls i know

Hahaha jk

same here, all the girls i know want there bf to be a real man, not another girl :razz: . the guy still had to take care of himself (nothing wrong with using a bit moisterizer) and be sensitive, but metro is far too gay and gay may be 'pretty' but it doenst turn on the lady's, believe me i have been in this kind of discussion lots of times with girls i know

Girls are individuals

Everyone has different opinions, passions, tastes, criteria ...

I know lot of girls that don't like anything macho about men and think that only men with a kind of ephebic look, baby face and soft body and matter

Even though the ones I know like metro-sport look but not much the metro-jacket'n'tie look

The truth is that there's not such a thing as "girls" ... everyone is different and individual

But what about Rupert Everett? He's gay and metro and girls adore him and would go into delirium when he's at movies previews or awards and such ...

Danny

Hahaha jk

Girls are individuals

I know lot of girls that don't like anything macho about men and think that only men with a kind of ephebic look, baby face and soft body and matter

Even though the ones I know like metro-sport look but not much the metro-jacket'n'tie look

The truth is that there's not such a thing as "girls" ... everyone is different and individual

But what about Rupert Everett? He's gay and metro and girls adore him and would go into delirium when he's at movies previews or awards and such ...

Danny

eum i didnt know Rupert Everett before you mentioned him and so google some pics of him, eum the guy looks megamasculine of course girl adore him, he doesnt look like a gay-metro-girly guy i mean when i talk about metro :), so i guess some guys cant look metro even if they tried, hehe

this is my image of metro:

IPB Image

is this supposed to be a man these days?

Hahaha jk

Girls are individuals

Danny

eum i didnt know Rupert Everett before you mentioned him and so google some pics of him, eum the guy looks megamasculine of course girl adore him, he doesnt look like a gay-metro-girly guy i mean when i talk about metro :), so i guess some guys cant look metro even if they tried, hehe

IPB Image

No joke, I thought that was a woman :surprised:

Hahaha jk

Girls are individuals

Danny

IPB Image

No joke, I thought that was a woman :surprised:

But don't mistake being a metro or a macho with wath face or body nature gave to you.

Ruper Everett has natural strong traits, the pic you showed is a guy that whatever style he chooses to be will always have delicate feminime traits. You are not born metro. It's the attitude that matters, a pic is not enough you should see Rupert talking, walking and so on

That's I think is a mistake. When we talk about metro, macho and so on we're talking about chosen styles

But the pic you showed us is a boy who has given a soft face by nature and maybe he is even sexist, macho or what not. Remember Baby-Face in Dick Tracy? A cruel and violent gangster no one took seriously because of a angelic face smile.gif

I know tons of girls that would find the boy you posted the pic of sexy. Are you all forgetting about the DiCaprio mania? smile.gif

Danny