Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arrrny

Differin and Dans BP

I have been using differin for a while now and im also using Dans BP in the morning but my question is: Can i put Differin on at night and then wait till its absorbed and then put Dans BP on right after? Will i get effects out of both or will it just cancel eachother out

I have been doing that. When I put the differen on first then the BP I notice that it burns really bad. I have only done that twice. I have been on the differen for only about 3 weeks. Has the differen been working for you?? I seems to be working ok for me so far.

Differin has kept me clear to a point but i still get pimples so i might just start using Dans BP ever second night and alternate with diffferin and see waht happens.. but still use BP in the morning to. BUt i still want to know the answer to my question.. does anyone know if BP and differin cancel out eachother if put on together?

hi there-

i was on differin a few years ago and, in addition to the differin, my derm prescribed a benzoyl peroxide cream- however, he instructed me to use only the differin at night, and apply the bp in the morning (he seemed to stress that they not be used in immediate combination)- now, i don't if they negate each other's effectiveness if applied together, but it seems to me, from my own experience, that such a practice would create way too much irritation for the skin- hope that helps, and good luck!

You should NOT put them on at the same time. Benzoyl peroxide will cause the Retin-A to be ineffective.

That is the reason why derms prescribe Retin-A at night, and then bp during the day. Using them alternately like that allows you to receive the benefits of both. But if you apply them together, it is just a waste of the Retin-a.

k well im just gonna use BP mroning and night for this next week and i wanna see if my skin will improve a shit load instead of getting break outs still with using differin for 5 montsh now.

You should NOT put them on at the same time. Benzoyl peroxide will cause the Retin-A to be ineffective.

That is the reason why derms prescribe Retin-A at night, and then bp during the day. Using them alternately like that allows you to receive the benefits of both. But if you apply them together, it is just a waste of the Retin-a.

I believe he was talking about Differin.

Differin is okay to use in conjunction with BP but it is the only retinoid which can do this.

You can apply them at the same time if you wish, but I would not recommend this as irritation is likely to be quite severe. Try using the Differin at night and the BP in the morning.

And remember, use a good SPF during the day or else!