Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammy87

bareminerals vs. everyday mineral makeup

hey i just wanted to know if the bare minerals makeup was really better than the everyday mineral makeup or if they are the same thing and just a different brand name? i think i remember hearing that for mineral makeup the best one to choose would be bare minerals but im not sure, please help explain the difference if there is one. Thanx :angel:

I personally use BM, but I would say they are basically the same. However, BM brushes tend to be of better quality than EM brushes [according to some replies in this forum]. Maybe that is why EM is significantly cheaper.

EM's oil control is much better. If you have oily or even just "normal" skin you'll really appreciate that in the hot summer. For me, I still partly use BE's products. However, EM's finishing powder wins hands down over BE's Mineral veil, just because it doesn't make me oily even after a long day.

EM is also said to not have a lot of filler ingredients that tend to irritate people's skin. I know I could never wear BE's foundation directly on my skin, but I seem to be having better luck with EM.

If I were to recommend trying one of them, I'd probably say EM. It's less expensive and the quality is quite the something. BE does have its benefits, however. I do like their flawless application brush and their concealer brush. I imagine you could buy these or similar brushes either from eBay or your local mall, though.

ive tried both (ordered BE, got EM samples) and although i like both, EM has my vote. the finishing powder is AMAZING and i find i can get a better color-match than with BE (i use fairly light EM). i also got the semi-matte which i find a good balance of healthy glow and oil control. BE is nice, but it is very expensive and tends to leave me a little too shiny.

ive tried both (ordered BE, got EM samples) and although i like both, EM has my vote. the finishing powder is AMAZING and i find i can get a better color-match than with BE (i use fairly light EM). i also got the semi-matte which i find a good balance of healthy glow and oil control. BE is nice, but it is very expensive and tends to leave me a little too shiny.

From the EM samples, which concealer is the best?

You can order them here.

I recommend getting the free samples first though so you can play around with colors.

I didn't get a concealer but they have recommendations on there based on skin tone and you can always get samples so you can't really go wrong!

From the EM samples, which concealer is the best?

I like the spring conealer better than the multi-tasking concealer. The multi-tasking was way too light for me... but truthfully, I need a blend of the spring and the everyday (I have medium toned, pinkish skin.) From what I have read, most people find a better match with the spring concealer.

Is the finishing dust actaully a concealer? :think:

no, the finishing dust is just a sheer layer to help control oil. it helps set the other stuff too and makes your skin "shimmery" for lack of a better word.

I used to use BE and I really liked it a lot, but I noticed that in certain lights my skin looked really shiny in a pearlescent way and I really didn’t like that about it. I ended up ordering samples of EM’s matte foundation and samples from alimacosmetics.com. I really like both of their foundations better than BE’s because they do not give me that weird pearlescent look. I prefer Alima’s foundation over EM because the color match is perfect and it stays matte longer. I use BE’s brushes because they are fantastic, and I also prefer BE’s warmth over the other twos bronzers. As for EM, I use the finishing powder, the concealer and I love their eye shadows and blushes.

after much experimentation I’ve found this routine gives me the most natural looking makeup:

Apply Very light layer’s of Alima’s Satin Matte Foundation in N4 until a good coverage is achieved –applied with BE’s Kabuki brush.

Dot on EM’s Spring Concealer w/ BE’s concealer brush over blemishes, redmarks, and under eyes then use BE’s Flawless Face Brush to blend it all together.

Lightly Apply BE’s warmth to face (forehead, cheekbones, sides of nose) w/ the Flawless Face Brush.

Dust on EM’s Finishing Dust lightly all over face with the Flawless Face Brush.

When I want more dramatic makeup I use EM’s eyeshadows and blushes and Alima’s Nourishing Lip Balm on my lips. I just get drugstore eyeliner and mascara.

thanks you guys, well girls u know what i mean, i think i will try EM, you make it sound like its worth it thanx so much :clap::D