Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CanadianChron

finally found a way to keep my skin moisturized

hey ive been on the regimen for 5 months and although it has definitely made my acne much better ive had on/off problems with flaking and dry skin. i finally found a combo of moisturizers that keeps me free of flakes almost all the time. it's a pain in the ass to apply them cause i use 3 different ones and it takes me 10-12 minutes to cover my entire face, but, it works.

in the morning i use:

eucerin dry skin face cream w/ 5% urea on chin/forehead

neutrogena healthy skin w/ 8% glycolic acid on forehead

neutrogena oil free w/ spf 15 on entire face

at night:

eucerin dry skin face cream w/ 5% urea on chin/forehead

neutrogena healthy skin w/ 8% glycolic acid on entire face, thin layer on chin.

couple fat pumps of neutrogena oil free w/ spf on chin area, just load it on thick cause no ones gonna see the shine when i go to sleep and i can use a large amount plus its way cheaper than the other moisturizers.

if i make any adjustments to this, such as using the healthy skin w/ aha twice a day instead of once, i get flakes or peeling skin. but this combo is working great. im able to use the healthy skin on my forehead twice a day with absolutely no problems but if i use it twice on chin i get problems. i guess this is cause my forehead has oily skin but chin doesnt. also, i think the neutrogena healthy skin is an essential part of the regimen. before i was using it i was having red marks that lasted FOREVER and also my skin would get too dry and that in itself causes as much acne as not even using anything to stop the acne (such as dan's bp). i think keeping your skin from getting dry and flaking is more important than dan mentions, because i never break out when my skins not flaking, but when its flaking i end up breaking out. hope this helps.

Hey thanks for sharing that! Glad to hear you've finally found an effective combo. But it does seem a little complicated (at least for me). I wouldn't have time to try that as I'm already taking too long on my current regimen.

My main problem is my skin tone. It's still quite unbalanced. I also think that NHS is compulsory for my regimen but I need something else.

wow thats a lot of moisturisers! :wacko: But its good to hear that you've finally found somethign to keep teh flakes at bay! :D