Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I mean is it just me or shouldnt tanning work???...like wouldnt it help even the color out, I dont care what damage it does to my skin, personally, id rather have unhealthy good looking skin that ugly, healthy skin, there I said it...so anyone whose into the tanning beds let me know what it does for you and any specific lotions that would help develop the color...it would be much appreciated

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

You'll just end up with dry, pigmented skin. It will not even out your skin tone or anything magical like that. Probably just a deeper colour that hides some marks. In my opinion, you can tell when someone has acne under a tan. It just looks terrible, all blotchy.

And i haven't even gone into the dangers of tanning! ;)

ddd, i tan and i believe it definitely helps the look of my skin. i have had co2, dermabrasion and fraxel over the years so i dont tan until that heals. but i agree its either end up having sun damage and look better or look like crap now and less sun damage lol. u cant win but in 20 years u will be able to reverse the sun damage a lot easier with all the technology coming out so that is how i look at it. and with some of my procedures i have gotten rid of some of the sun damage too.

thanks for the responses

maguy-I was wondering what kind of tanning you use, whether sunless, tanning salon or another...also, I was wondering how often you tan, best lotions...basically any advice info you could give...thanks

markymark-I donno about sunless tanners either, but I was going to look into mystic tans like another person suggested here, just another idea

ddd69, i u se tannng beds but dont tan my face but about half the time i tan the rest of my body so i get some color on it but dont totally destroy it. i dont put tanning lotion on my face because i still can break out by putting some things on my face but a lot of people do. as of for the body, any tingle lotion will work good. i have done mystic tan but the only thing is that it is expensive but does save ur skin from sun damage.

actually spray tanning is exactly what ive considered...ive read some more threads on here and info on the web about it and it seems like a very positive option, im currently just waiting for my purpura from my last vbeam to completely fade then I was going to give it a shot...do you have any experience with it (results, how long it lasts, opinions etc) would be much appreciated...thanks

actually spray tanning is exactly what ive considered...ive read some more threads on here and info on the web about it and it seems like a very positive option, im currently just waiting for my purpura from my last vbeam to completely fade then I was going to give it a shot...do you have any experience with it (results, how long it lasts, opinions etc) would be much appreciated...thanks

i asked my doc about spray tanning and she said not to do it because it might make my spots darker. I have no idea if this is true or not but I listen to whatever she says. You should ask the doc who lasered you if it's an option or not.

i asked my doc about spray tanning and she said not to do it because it might make my spots darker. I have no idea if this is true or not but I listen to whatever she says. You should ask the doc who lasered you if it's an option or not.

my dermatologist said the other day that sunbathing when you have red marks makes them last longer and more noticable and may even make them impossible to get rid of is this true?

I mean is it just me or shouldnt tanning work???...like wouldnt it help even the color out, I dont care what damage it does to my skin, personally, id rather have unhealthy good looking skin that ugly, healthy skin, there I said it...so anyone whose into the tanning beds let me know what it does for you and any specific lotions that would help develop the color...it would be much appreciated

If you put lotion on while ur in the bed that helps ur skin hydrate itself so it doesnt dry out .. then when u get out take a shower and put more moisturizer on .. also for me .. it makes my complexion basically perfect. Not to mention tannign beds are safer than the actualy sun bc in tannign beds there are only 2 UV rays and both are equal unlike the sun outside.

what about sunless tanners? does neone know how that works? does it add pigment to your skin or what?

those suck IMO .. u look orange and on top of that .. it gets into your pores making u have black dots all over ur chest area ... not to mention self tanners dont juss fade away oh no .. parts go awya fatsre then others so ur skin is all blotchy really bad looking.

I work at a tanning slaon thats how i know this .. i see people who wlak out of the spray tan and they are atleast 5x darker then when they came in lol its really comical .. then i ahve these tnaning nuts who are literally african america or hispanic dark and looking at their features they should b fair its rather scary .. how can wake up every morning and say "i look sexy/good" lol its really not attractive.

I love the sun, but i do wear sunscreen...well at least most of the time. My skin looks much clearer with a bit of a tan (see my pics), and if i do get a spot, it is much less noticeable. I have noticed however, that if i get a burn, i usually break out. Just remember to use sunscreen, and if you use a tanning bed (i do this pretty rarely), less is more especially when starting out!

I hate self tanners, they look fake, are a pain to apply and smell weird. Maybe i have just yet to find a good one...