Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jj3501

Playing Guitar In Class On Monday

Okay, my class is modernizing romeo and juliet, and my little group is doing the party scene. I play Mercutio who dressed up as a rockstar and brought his guitar and amp along (my teacher's idea). anyways i'm getting really nervous because i know i will be really self-consious about my acne, because it's not like anyone will be watching the acting if there's a guitar in the place right??? there's also a couple guys in my class who make rude comments on my acne occasionally and ask me why my face is red. I also feel like i'm gonna screw up because that girl i am into (and was almost my gf) is in my class, not only because she's watching but because i think she will be looking at my acne the whole time. STRESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you in highschool? If you are then I understand what its like to have to do class presentations. I dreaded it more than anything in the world. Highschool is way worse than college cause people can be immature pricks and and make fun of others for every single flaw a person can possess (at least thats how it seemed like for me.)

Don't worry about the guys who piss you off. Karma is a bitch and they'll get what's coming for them.

Don't do what I did most of the time and jeopordize grades because of physical insecurities. People see that you're weak by doing so. So just get on stage and it'll be over before you know it. :cool:

i'm in grade 9, call it high school if you want, i also don't know what i'm gonna play yet, i was thinking about playing some slipknot but i don't think it would fit even if it's a modernized skit!!!

Hey there. I've been an acne sufferer for 9 years and it has been hell!! However, I've tried about every medicine there is and there is one good way to clear up acne temporarily. If you ask your doctor to prescribe you prednisone it should clear up the acne almost instantly b/c it reduces all inflammation. However, you can only take this drug for a period of one week. And usually you want to wait 6 months before you use it again.... it's a steroid drug. Also, Klaron lotion is the best antibiotic for reducing redness in breakouts. I think if you tried those 2 you would see fast results...I had to go to MANY dermatologist visits and lots of trial and error to learn of this VERY effective combination. I used it before my senior photos and was literally acne free. I hope this helps!!

hey thanks man. i'm usually good when i'm just jamming by myself or with the guys but i tend to under pressure. i play for hours a day just to get my mind off of things (maybe acne is a good thing lol!!!). and thanks for the idea, maybe i should play "nothing else matters".

A little tip which works for me.

1) Pretend your the best guitarist in the room. Give yourself an ego boost.

2) Remember, your not proving anything to them... your performing and entertaining. Put on a show for them :P

Haha!

Back in the day when I was in 9th grade I had to do something similar. Only mah group did Romeo & Juliet mental patient style. We did the opening scene. Good fun. I sort of liked the cheezier high school projects and hanging up my work on the walls of the class.

But yeah. Don't worry. You have a guitar. All the chicks love guitars. lol ;)

Good luck and let us know how you did!

But yeah. Don't worry. You have a guitar. All the chicks love guitars. lol wink.gif

I cannot stress this enough :P

well, i think i'm the ONLY guitarist in my class, so that's and ego boost for me. i think i should tell you my story...

back in grade 7 there was a guy in my class named stefan, he started getting into classic rock and started playing guitar, i started playing guitar the summer after and he thinks it's all because of him. so he thinks i'm a poser and he's a pretty popular guy so most of grade 9 thinks i'm a poser too. last talent show he got a band together and they played "crazy train" which was absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! people still thought he was good and i was still a poser. so i definetly think i have something to prove. but if you say so i'll keep telling myself that i don't have anything to prove and i'm just entertaining.

Hey I know ow you feel.

I started playing guitar in grade 8. There were already a few guitarists there who were better than me (though they werent good to being with). By grade 10 ive become quite good. At the same time, no one knew I played guitar. So one day, while two of my friends were playing guitar I asked if i could jam with them. One handed me a guitar and we jammed to some blues. They were all impressed and they looked at me differently from then on.

I went form the short fat kid with no respect to a short fat kid who was respected by all the guitarists of the grade :)

Guitar rocks!

BTW you will meet alot of crappy guitarists who think they are the greatest. If they ever bother you challange them to a duel :D

I did that once. I owned him when i threw away my pick and blazed with my fingers lol

i don't know what i'd me doing right now if i didn't play guitar, it's become my life. i'd do anything to shove it in everyone's face. of course there's my friends who have all heard me and know i can really kill it on guitar, but everyone else still thinks stefan's the greatest, no one cares about an unpopular kid with acne. (drives me insane).

here's a story i have about stefan. he's a pretty good guitarist but he's just so arrogant and everyone thinks he's great. there's a music store right by the school and i met him there one lunch hour. i picked a guitar and started to play a velvet revolver song, very simple riff. then he just comes up to me and says, "you have no idea how to play a guitar do you?" then he practically ripped the thing out of my hands and stated to show off, which really ticked me off even more.

He really sounds like a jerk.

I never encountered people like that although I do know of a few. All you can do is keep practising and wait for the moment.

If your goal is to shove it in his face, I suggest you take up shredding. Of course, dont do it if you dont like the music.

Shredder type music will allow you to play fast, rock/blues music will teach you how to play with feel and emotion.

Mix those together and you have a deadly combonation :)

If you want to really blow this guy away, you need some serious overkill. If you have any quesitons on shredding in general PM me.

Okay, my class is modernizing romeo and juliet, and my little group is doing the party scene. I play Mercutio who dressed up as a rockstar and brought his guitar and amp along (my teacher's idea). anyways i'm getting really nervous because i know i will be really self-consious about my acne, because it's not like anyone will be watching the acting if there's a guitar in the place right??? there's also a couple guys in my class who make rude comments on my acne occasionally and ask me why my face is red. I also feel like i'm gonna screw up because that girl i am into (and was almost my gf) is in my class, not only because she's watching but because i think she will be looking at my acne the whole time. STRESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awww :comfort: Im sure it will be fine... guarrenteed the only thing people will focus on will be your guitar playing. Just have fun! =D

thanks mandy, i really appreciate the comment, and your sig is awesome (System of a Down rocks!!!)