Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MR2

Bp without moisterizer...

Currently Im using Dan's BP and Eucerin Daily Replenishing Lotion. The lotion always leaves a oily residue. I was wondering if it is ok to go without the moisterizer. I have gone through lots of BP treament and one acctane treatment. Thanks.

*edit Oops posted in wrong section. Please move to appropiate section.

I'm not familiar with the Eucerin replenishing lotion. But yea some moisturizers do leave a shine.

If you like that lotion but just don't like the shine it leaves, just blot off the shine after you apply it. Use a clean napkin or oil-blotting sheet, gently press it to your face and the oily shine will lift right off.

As for not using moisturizer, you really should use it at least once a day. You can use it at night if you don't want the shine during the day.

But do look out for sunburn if you aren't going to use anything with sunscreen during the day.

I suggest trying another lotion. I have neutrogena oil free moisturizer for combination skin and it doesn't seem to be as greasy as others. Although I'm not sure if it is agreeing with my skin. If your moisturizer has sunscreen in it, it will usually be greasier.

You most likely do need the moisturizer though. I have oily skin and even I need a moisturizer with the bp.