Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

Is chlorine bad for your skin?

it is very drying.

Not sure if it is 'bad' though. It's a chemical so probably not the best thing for our skin.

But I'm not giving up swimming! I've missed out on too much due to having acne-prone skin! :hand:

it is very drying.

Not sure if it is 'bad' though. It's a chemical so probably not the best thing for our skin.

But I'm not giving up swimming! I've missed out on too much due to having acne-prone skin! :hand:

Haha the little face was very suitable. Thanks for the help. Sometimes I'm still very hestitant to go swimming in a pool or even going to the beach. When I do I usually try not to get my face wet. I feel kind of wierd doing that. I'm not even sure if it really matters if I get my face wet or not.

yea, I used to be like that too. Keeping head above water. But not anymore. Since the Regimen keeps me clear I don't care if I get my face wet, and I always dive right in! lol.

yeah it dries out your skin, but its very good for it actually, if you can combine swimming and sunbathing in the same day, your face will become healthy.

healthy being like not "acne free" or "red mark free" but overall healthy which may contribute to faster healing ect

i swim alot in chlorine... and i find if i stop swimming my acne kinda gets worse... i think cause it drys out ur skin so much it reduces the oil and therfore helps prevent acne...

just my opinion

AlKaMiMe :D

I think chlorine might actually kill some of the acne bacteria, perhaps? I have seen with myself that if I swim outside (in the sun), ths helps my skin so much more than just swimming indoors. The sun REALLY helps my skin, but I am always sure to wear sunscreen!