Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey-

I am going to the derm on tuesday. I was thinking about asking for accutane even though my acne is mild it ALWAYS comes back no matter what I do. Sooo does anyone know the process of getting on it and what as to be done?

Thanks! :)

If you only have mild acne it may be hard for you to get tane, however derms sometimes perscribe it for very persisent cases which have failed to respond to a number of other treatments. If you really want it you should make up some shit to your derm about how acne is deeply affecting you psychologicaly and is completely destroying your life and that you hide in your house all day long and just tell him you NEED tane!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I't's not likely you'll get accutane unless you're severe or if you really have tried a long list of OTC and prescriptions. If you've done that and the derm appproves acctane then you have to go through iPLEDGE. There's paperwork and f you're female you'll need a pregnancy test. You'll need to be on birth control and wait a month too if you're female. After the month you'll get a blood test and then the derm will have to enter information. After that you'll have to go online or phone in and answer some questions. After you pass the test you can then fill your prescription. The whole iPLEDGE mess only applies if you're female and live in the US. If you're male and live in the US you still need to go through iPLEDGE, it's just not as complicated.

my acne isn't severe..but it's very persistent...i think the longest i've been clear w/ anything has been a week..and they prescribed me accutane...i start in july

my face would always clear up the day i went to the derm tho...lol