Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happymommy

Almost 3 months in

Hey all. Im frustrated. I've been on the CSR strictly for 3 months now and in the last week I got 12 new pimples. Thats the worst yet I think. The only thing I did different is go swimming a few times ( sunblock always makes me break out, even though I used Hawaiian Tropic Faces, oil-free non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, etc.) It sucks. I'm going to the ob/gyn tomorrow to get on bc, Yasmin i hope. Hopefully that weill help. Everyone talks about the csr gradually helping your skin, decreasing severity of breakouts, etc. Is it normal to have such a big breakout so late in the game? Wah. Maybe this reg is not for me. I use purpose soap, dan's bp, complex 15 moisturizer. I never miss an application. blah blah blah I don't know what to do anymore

hmmm, that is frustrating! And by 3 months I would not expect that big of a breakout.

I wonder if something in that sunscreen didn't agree with you? I've been using Coppertone Oil-Free without any problems or breakouts.

Also, have you considered using one of the moisturizers that has some glycolic acid in it instead of the Complex 15? Sometimes people do better with a bit of exfoliation.

And are you using one full fat finger worth of bp twice daily?

Hi happymomma,

Don't lose hope. It'll get better.

Besides what Brandy asked, I'd like to know if you saw any improvement during your 3 months on the regimen. You mentioned that "the only thing you did different" is swimming. Well, that's a big thing and definitely the trigger of that last breakout in my opinion. Skins like mine react immeditaly upon the least change. So it's just a matter of finding the right products and perhaps tweaking your regimen a bit to fit your new activities.

Good luck.

You might want to check out the biggest mistake page just to ensure you are not doing any of them without realising http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html. Also are you being extra gentle in your applications as Dan shows in the videos and letting the BP soak right into your skin? And as Brandy said are you using the full finger amount of BP, and waiting the waiting time in between the steps? :)

check out the biggest mistakes page and take some interest in what Brandy said. it could have been the sunscreen, because i know a few people that just cant put it on their face cuz it makes them break out all over.

I do the regimen to a T. Full fat finger of bp twice daily, wait 10-15 mins, moisturize. At night I use alpha hydrox mixed with my moisturizer to exfoliate. Sunscreens have always been bad news for me. Oh well. I really didn't think my acne would still be this bad by now. It improved slightly at times during the last 3 months, but wasn't this bad before I started it. So overall, I guess it hasn't improved. Depressing stuff

Hey all. Im frustrated. I've been on the CSR strictly for 3 months now and in the last week I got 12 new pimples. Thats the worst yet I think. The only thing I did different is go swimming a few times ( sunblock always makes me break out, even though I used Hawaiian Tropic Faces, oil-free non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, etc.) It sucks. I'm going to the ob/gyn tomorrow to get on bc, Yasmin i hope. Hopefully that weill help. Everyone talks about the csr gradually helping your skin, decreasing severity of breakouts, etc. Is it normal to have such a big breakout so late in the game? Wah. Maybe this reg is not for me. I use purpose soap, dan's bp, complex 15 moisturizer. I never miss an application. blah blah blah I don't know what to do anymore

Sounds frustrating!

Well, it took nearly 6months for the regimen to work for me.

Also, I use Aubrey Organics as a cleanser, moisturizer, and Avalon Skin care products as a toner.

Organic skin care is very good for breakout prone skin and for sensitive skin.

BY FAR, exercising has helped clear my acne! I have suffered from acne for 5 years now, and I haven't had a major breakout in months.

Dulaney, thanks! It's encouraging to hear that some people got clear after more than 3 months in. I'm really not ready to give up on it yet. I have been considering adding jessifoliation at night. Also I was wondering of ya'll thought it would be a good idea if I were to wear makeup to go swimming. I use revlon colorstay which is SPF 25. At least I wouldn't get burned and it doesn't make me break out. I do work out 3 or 4 times a week. It really makes me feel a lot better in general, whether or not it clears up my skin.

Ah I see you exfoliate. Well it's not recommended to exfoliate AND apply BP at the same time.

Remember that simple is better. Good luck.

No, I don't exfoliate. I was considering starting though. I have a lot of clogged pores which turn into zits. I use alpha hydrox at night, but it doesn't help all that much. Anyone have any luck with jessifoliation at night and csr in the morning? I saw that it worked well for Celebration.

I didn't fully clear till 5 months in. I had a breakout in month 3 just like you...so hang in there!

Good luck.

:)