Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingjoffy

accutane and folliculits...anyone been cleared

Im currently taking accutane for follicultis ....its gotten somewhat better...

im being patient i have only been on tane for two and half months so...

but im curious has anybody been cured from follicutis by taking accutane

and if not what was your course of action...of if anybody has any erpericnce with Facial follicultis

Im currently taking accutane for follicultis ....its gotten somewhat better...

im being patient i have only been on tane for two and half months so...

but im curious has anybody been cured from follicutis by taking accutane

and if not what was your course of action...of if anybody has any erpericnce with Facial follicultis

nobody anybody...

i dunno what forum to post in to get the best help for folliculitos..anybody direct me with that at least?'

thank you

HI there! I did tane for pityrosporum folliculitis but it came back shortly after treatment. now im pregnant so im not doing anything. What kind fo folliculitis are you talking about?

I used to have folliculitis on my legs quite badly...I was on Accutane twice and never noticed a difference in my folliculitis. I had no idea it was prescribed for that purpose.

This may be way off target but:

If folliculitis is what I am thinking about, I have had it. It was explained as "an inflamation of the hair follicules." I was chugging benedryl, taking extremely hot showers and had claw marks from my nails from scatching so much! I am so sorry that you are going through that if its like that for you!

The first doc thought it was scabies! I used the medication for scabies which is very harsh on your skin. Made it even worse!

I finally went to my pediatrician, I was 20 year old but knew he could help! He took one look at me and told me that my hair follicles were inflammed and he gave me a script for prednisone (its a steroid, but not the one of the"bad" ones) and a topical antibiotic for my scratches. They often give steriods for inflamation for things like asthsma, so it would seem logical that it would work for other inflammations. And after 10 days of prednisone, I was cured...thank goodness!

You may have already tried steroids, but I thought it was worth telling you about my experience.

Good Luck!