Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fruity

horrible, depressing pregnancy acne

I just found out i am pregnant. i normally treat my whole face and since i am an oil pit am scared to see what i will look like in a week. last night was the first time in fifteen years i didnt use a topical on my face.(except when i was on accutane in 2001) Please help me. this anxiety isnt good for the baby.....

I just found out i am pregnant. i normally treat my whole face and since i am an oil pit am scared to see what i will look like in a week. last night was the first time in fifteen years i didnt use a topical on my face.(except when i was on accutane in 2001) Please help me. this anxiety isnt good for the baby.....

What have you been using on your face in the past?

I was on BP for years and I mean yeeeeears, I didnt go a day without the topical on my skin. I had extremely oily skin as well.

When I stopped using the BP at first my face broke out and got much more oily. From research I found many people have the same experience. My doctor also informed me my skin needed to "learn" how to function without the BP topical. I had breakouts for some time but eventually they started to clear up.

With using more natural products and reducing my dairy intake my skin has now completely cleared up. So in the long run I'm really happy I got off all the topicals. It was a pain for a while but if you stick through it, it really does get better. There are many products out there that are more natural, if you do breakout at first it will look like no product is working but just let your skin adapt to functioning on its own.

Good luck!

ive used bp differin bactrim tetra mino accutane azalex and the list goes on. interesting to know your skin adapted though! how wxcited you must be.

As for my acne miraculously clearing during my pregnancy, i will hope and pray but will not be holding my breath!

I'm not saying this is your case, but I think many of us, when we lean and depend on our meds, stop thinking about the bad envoronmental/dietary lives we lead. Changing a few things can make a huge difference.

keep ourselves healthy without meds? start by drinking plenty of water. this will keep your skin healthier and able to cleanse itself. Cut way back on sugars and caffeine. This might be good for pregnancy too! And caffeine is known to irritate acne.

Try not to overwash your skin. I used to do that, and it felt like the oil production went on overdrive... i think because my skin was so dried out, it felt like it needed to lubricate more. my fault.

And maybe the hardest to do for a lifestyle change... but completely necessary, is plenty of exercize. I noticed a huge difference in my skin when i started running and being active on a daily basis... along with drinking lots of water and hardly any coffee/soda.

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and dont worry too much~

usually during pregnancy the acne may get a little worse during the first trimester, then after that it clears up. at least that is what happens to a lot of women. check with the doctor too, depending on what topicals you are on you may be able to continue using them, definitely not if it is retin-a though.