Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tricia

Benadryl Cream

I love this stuff!!! I used to just use it every now and then if I had a mosquito bite or an allergic reaction, but after doing my saline injections and having some itching and redness I have been smearing this stuff on more and more and my skin is really doing better the longer I leave it on! I'm talking every red spot from the saline or just a zit, it really helps! The redness really fades faster than when I used elidel, and I think I may have been getting bad reactions from hydrocortisone so I have completely stopped using that. It is ok to use this on minor scrapes too and really helps gently exfoliate any flaking.

I just wonder if this is bad to use say every night for an extended period of time? It seems to really calm my raised scars to where they look more level with my skin and the redness has really faded. I think everyone should try this for redness, flakiness and swelling after any irritating procedure. However, it is not antibacterial so if you have a deeper cut stick with antibacterial ointment.

I love this stuff!!!

The redness really fades faster than when I used elidel.

It is ok to use this on minor scrapes too and really helps gently exfoliate any flaking.

I just wonder if this is bad to use say every night for an extended period of time? It seems to really calm my raised scars to where they look more level with my skin and the redness has really faded. I think everyone should try this for redness, flakiness and swelling after any irritating procedure.

Thank you very much for posting something that has gone through my mind. I've never used Benadryl cream, but I've been very curious about its potential use(s). If it takes care of redness caused by mosquito bites or certain allergies, why shouldn't it be useful after certain procedures ( microderm, chemical peels, retin-a, etc).

For how long have you been using it???? If I'm not mistaken, I think there are 3 kinds of Benadryl cream, which one are you using??

I also would like to know if it's a good idea to use it every day. Any experts on this matter??

Hey, I've been using the extra strength cream. I've only done one application at night for the past 3 days. I layer it on before I go to bed on my bad spots and it kind of dries cakey on top and the layers under it will stay moist for most of the night. It doesn't come off on my pillow too bad because it does adhere to the skin pretty good. Then in the morning when I take it off it is almost like it was a moisturizing gentle enzyme maskin or something LOL it takes the dry skin off my flakey scars and they look less red. I think if one were to overdue it, it might turn wrinkly or too dry as it really does seem to pick up the flakes. The tube says not to use past 7 days without talking to a doctor, but I will only be using it on thicker scar tissue to keep it exfoliated and calm looking over the 7 days. I don't think I'll need it on anything else and if one did still have a rash after 7 days they probably should see a doctor. Let us know when you try it!