Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omar guzman

Does what I eat greatly influence acne?

I have been wondering for a while about this. Should I stop drinking soda and "junk" food in order to achieve less acne? I know it'd be healthier, but I know I'm not the only one that can't resist a big cup full of pop and ice at Chipotle on a hot summer day to go along with my burrito. Also, would my face stop being as oily and have less breakouts if I exercised and stuff more?

I'm kinda of a skinny dude with a HIGH metabolism. It's been occurring to me that maybe somehow the shit inside the junk food (or any normal food that isn't perfectly healthy like a vegetable or something) kind of gets stuck in my body, and if I don't exercise, the result is the oils come out of my face and stuff.

Basically, would it help my face if I improved my dieting and exercise habbits?

(Yes, it'd be healthier, I know, but stick to what I'm asking please) Thanks dudes/dudettes

The quick answer is I don't know, lol.

Studies have been pretty iffy.

Some people do notice a correlation between what they eat, and others don't.

It certainly won't hurt to eat healthier.

i eat healthy simply because im not losing anything by it

and if it helps with acne then great

and if it doesnt, then at least im not eating all that crap from mcdonalds etc!

i say eat healthier anyway

what have you got to lose

its different too

so a change is nice too :D

Thanks. I've been trying to eat healthier lately. Now I'm for sure gonna lay off the pop and stuff. Plus, I play sports and I'm about to join cross country in the fall so I have to be very fit now more than ever. Thanks again :)

I have another "theory" about acne. Does it help if I'm outside more? I figured that the more fresh air my face is exposed to, the less breakouts I get. Maybe that is not true at all, but I'm wondering if being inside too much has some effect to the acne you get. I read somewhere that the inside of your house if more polluted than the air outside, and I thought maybe those pollutants, like the particles in the air floating around, maybe find their way into your pores and become that dirt and bacteria that cause acne to come about. Would it be better to be outside more?

i work outside, and i usually notice if i work a nine hour day, when i come home my face looks a lot better than when i left.

its all about the tan thats why

but burning your skin wil create acne within a week or so from what ive read altho i dont experience that im sure many do.

I had the exact same question that you had...

so i stopped drinking soda and eating fast food for a month or so and my acne was a little better. it wasnt an amazing improvment, but it doesnt hurt to be healthy. i can't resist eating unhealthy foods from time to time, and it doesn't hurt my skin.

im curious as to what you find regarding diet and acne.

i personally think every1 is different for one

therefore if you feel you breakout from say chocolate then dont eat it!

i do believe my acne is somewhat related to what i eat

so i eat healthy

i stil get breakouts and i know that its not because of my diet.

but at the same time im healthier as a person now i eat healthy

so im not really losing anything am i.

i do miss my quarterpounder with cheese lunches with the lads but i jus hav the chicken salad ranch which is BLOODY nice anyway

and i used to get a bacon + sausage baguette wen i worked on the weekends (we sent the temp to the shop hehe)

but now i dont have it

big deal

i do miss it

but my theory is, once you grow out of acne, you can eat it asmuch as you want hey!

an it wil be the sweetest victory taste ever !

hehe

I've never found that food really triggers of acne for me, although I did used to have a theory that whenever I ate french fancies I used to get a breakout :think: But I think it was probably just a coincidence! Anyway, I eat mainly junk food and drink and smoke and the regimen still keeps me clear, but I obviously don't recommend doing any of these things as they can't be particullary beneficial for your acne or your overall health :redface:

plus u wil get fat......

or fatter in your case !

hehe

jst kidding kiddies she isnt fat she has the perfect figure :wub:

plus u wil get fat......

or fatter in your case !

hehe

jst kidding kiddies she isnt fat she has the perfect figure :wub:

Unfortunately Dami4n finds it hard to monitor his own weight as he breaks all the scales he steps onto

And I'm not kidding :whistle:

lol, :wub: you really Dami4n ;)

Haha...

here's the thing though. if you eat like french fries, which are hella greasy, and then you don't wash your hands, eventually you will touch your face unconsciously, spreading that grease bacteria germs and all that good stuff on your face, making you prone to a breakout.

Haha...

here's the thing though. if you eat like french fries, which are hella greasy, and then you don't wash your hands, eventually you will touch your face unconsciously, spreading that grease bacteria germs and all that good stuff on your face, making you prone to a breakout.

yeah, you will, if you're an idiot. i don't mean to be rude but that's just the truth. i mean, honestly, who eats greasy ass french fries then doesn't even wash their hands and just goes around rubbing their face? anyways im just saying that thats a totally moot point. ive tried eating healthy and also eating strictly fast food (i mean breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and noticed NO difference in acne. pop, chips, shitty restaurants, none of that affects my acne. i can see how people would imagine it would, but it doesnt. i mean, shit, normal people eat that shit all the time and dont break out, why would we? the only thing that makes me break out is dairy products. ive tested that theory 3 or 4 times now and every time that i try taking in lots of dairy, by drinking 1-2 glasses of milk a day and eating ice cream and plenty of cheese, i start breaking out. it doesnt make any difference if i have maybe a bit of cheese in a day or some milk in my cereal, but if i have more than a little i definitely get more acne. it sucks cause i wanna eat that stuff to help me grow but i have to avoid it. ridiculous.

I have been wondering for a while about this. Should I stop drinking soda and "junk" food in order to achieve less acne? I know it'd be healthier, but I know I'm not the only one that can't resist a big cup full of pop and ice at Chipotle on a hot summer day to go along with my burrito. Also, would my face stop being as oily and have less breakouts if I exercised and stuff more?

I'm kinda of a skinny dude with a HIGH metabolism. It's been occurring to me that maybe somehow the shit inside the junk food (or any normal food that isn't perfectly healthy like a vegetable or something) kind of gets stuck in my body, and if I don't exercise, the result is the oils come out of my face and stuff.

Basically, would it help my face if I improved my dieting and exercise habbits?

(Yes, it'd be healthier, I know, but stick to what I'm asking please) Thanks dudes/dudettes

There are correlations between acne and diet that are pretty hard to rule out

What is really confusing are the many variabilies within these correlations

To begin with an interesting fact to consider is that there are no studies that proved no correlation between acne and diet just one study that proved at best no correlation between cocoa and diet. The other studies are very few but they do show some strong epidemiological correlation between diet of populations and their incidence of acne

While the degrees at which food could influence acne are unknown there are few pretty logical consequences to consider that suit those epidemiological studies

Hydration, hormones, metabolic wastes, vitamins and skin natural barrier

Unfortunately the germ theory has been misunderstood and so has been the guy we consider to be its major contributor: Louis Pasteur. Pasteur claimed that the most important aspect of pathological infection is the soil

The soil is better explained as the biological environment at which germs can thrive and being useful (consider for example the bacteria that allow the absorption of cyanocobalamin in your body) or outgrow and become dangerous hence pathological. Think of a piece of wood, as long as the piece of wood is dry, clean and healthy no kind of fungus or bacteria colony can grow within it. If you put germs and bacteria directly on the wood no pathological process will ever begin. The soil is not ideal for a pathological of bacterial condition and as Pasteur said: the soil is everything

You can inject the candida bacteria in someones body but if his or her body-soil is not ideal for bacteria growth the candida will be harmless. What about your house? If you keep your house clean and tidy there will be no cockroaches, spiders, fleas but if you keep dirty all around and never empty your dusty bin those insects will thrive and eventually bacteria too

It's metabolic wastes that make your soil predisposed to bacterial infection and this condition of the soil is linked with the delicate calcium equilibrium (how much calcium is lost compared to how much calcium is absorbed) with your postprandial glycemia, with your blood debris content, with hematic ammonia levels

You're right on track when you talk about the effect of spending time outdoors on the skin because the liver which is the organ that most prevents metabolic wastes from changing the body soil needs mostly calcium, water and oxygen

The more oxygen you breath the less ideal you make your body for bacterial outgrow

We all think of calcium as a nutrient for the bones but calcium is way more than that, it's a mineral whose equilibrium in the body depends all metabolic and physiological processes.

Many people believe that the calcium equilibrium is a quack new age concept because they say the Ph of the blood never really change as even the minimal change would result in severe metabolic acidosis and hence death. And they're right, the Ph of the blood remains pretty the same because of the mechanism of the body where calcium is pulled from the body (bones and teeth) to buffer the net acidic elements of food, expecially zulphur and nitrogen.

There's an interesting proven correlation: the populations that suffer most from acne, have high calcium intake and the highest intake of osteoporosis (bones losing calcium hence decreasing in mass)

Eur J Nutr 1991 April 1;69(4):727-736 (Potassium, magnesium and fruit and vegetables intake are associated with greater bone mineral density)

Eur J Nutr 2000 Jan 1;71(1): 142-151 (Dietary influence on bone mass and bone metabolism)

Eur J Nutr 2001;40(5):238-144 (Acid base imbalance and the skeleton)

Eur J Nutr 2001;40(5):200-213 (The patophysiological effects of the post-industrial inversion of the potassion-to-sodium and base-to-chloride ratios in human diet)

A low bone density is not associated with low calcium intake but with low calcium absorption compared to calcium losses. When the body pulls calcium from the bones, we retain more potassium and have more sodium in the urine our calcium equilibrium is already altered. This equilibrium is the head quarter of demineralization. A lack of body mineralization or electrolites balance always begins with a bad calcium equilibrium and body demineralization changes the soil of the body and makes bacteria which has always been there and every people has inside outgrow possible. Herpes is a good example of a bacteria that outgrow to become pathological but we all have inside our body all the time and the P bacteria that causes acne seems to be another one of this kind: a regulating bacteria existing in every living being and becoming pathological only when the body physiological equilbrium is disrupt

Epidemiological studies have proven that there's no acne in non-western countries, for example papua guinea inhabitants althought healthy nourished and tall have no acne. Not incidentally these are also the population that have greater bone density in spite of lower calcium intake and whose mineral equilibrium is often perfect because of their diet, but there's p acne bacteria in their body

From this I think it is already clear what are the variabilies that cover the correlations for so many people: people don't know what aspects of their diet have a correlation with acne. People usually think of cultural connections like not eating chocolates, not eating sat fat, not eating pizza often certain foods are thought to be bad and others are not even if they have the same nutritional characteristics.

But the reasons are different because you don't prevent a calcium disequilibrium by avoiding pizza at all cost of eschewing chocolate consumption nor by avoiding butter, throwing bacon away and so on

Maintaning a calcium equilibrium requires: decreasing calcium losses, increasing calcium absorption from the gut, decreasing calcium absorption from the bones, providing synergic elements of calcium, decreasing sodium consumption, increasing the intake of foods that have a positive effect effect on calcium absorption and a negative effects on calcium losses and decreasing foods that have a negative effect on calcium absorption and a negative effect of calcium losses. As the study I quoted showed vegetables, nuts and fruits have the most positive effect on calcium absorption while preventing calcium losses. Milk and yogurt have a positive effects on calcium absorption and neutral effect on calcium losses. Cheese are different for some reason and they play havoc with calcium metabolism and there's no cheese in papua guinea diet anyway.

An high consumption of cheese would in many individuals if associated with other dietary patterns negative to calcium metabolism, disrupt the equilibrium of calcium, weaken the depurative duty of the liver and increase the outgrow of bacteria. There seems to be a anecdotal correlation within fact cheeses consumption and acne

Just because vegetables and fruits have positive effects on calcium metabolism it doesn't mean that we shouldn't eat meat, eggs, fish, grains, shellfish, poultry, milk whatever

As for calcium balance and its effect on affecting the liver efficiency and changing the soil of body leading to bacterial outgrow, it's not a matter of what to give up but it's a matter of what to add in one's diet

In the development of acne there are also hormonal factors, kids who make use of hormone steroids never suffer from acne not short teens injected with GH

Hormones depends on diet, nothing affect hormonal balance more than one's diet.

Serotonin, insulin and cortisol alone are able to influence all other hormones in turn especially testosterone, growth hormone and somatostatin

The balance between insulin-cortisol and insulin-growth hormone seems to be one of the major cause of this kind of hormonal inbalance. An excess of insulin inhibit the enzyme that prevents the aggregation of skin cells. This enzyme is naturally produced by the body to prevent the first step of the development of acne which is the blockage of pores. The zirconiumaluminiumglycine enzyme is the most important pores blockage prevention the body has.

It may seem strange that the body has such strong natural mechanism to maintain an healthy and uninfected skin but it shouldn't be a surprise. After the heart and before the lunges the second most important organ is the skin, just covering the skin face with a wasterproof layer of paint would decrease the body metabolism, shorten its life and cause metabolic acidosis

The body wants its pores unclogged and healthy, all its pores ... and acne is way more than a simple aestetical problem, it is a real health problem that affect and weaken one of the most important part of the human body

Again maintaining a insulin balance is not a matter of avoiding a pizza, throwing the chocolate away and so on

And it's even more individual because in some people insuling spikes are not able to inhibit zirconiumaluminiumglycine synthesis which means that people whore pores never clog may be less sensitive to sugar and insulin.

And these are the further variabiles I was talking about. Foods triggers those processes that allow the development of acne which is not to say that food causes acne but that without those processes acne would never be allowed to develop and yet the triggering of those processes is determined by individual sensitivities to those elements of foods. That's why some people develop syndrome X following a certain lifestyle and diet while others don't. Other important factors that determine the degree of sensitivies to elements that are causes of pathological body processes are blood viscosity, circulation, degree of blood pooling, amount of visceral fat, levels of body fat mass and body distribution, termogenic effect of foods, amount of fat cells, amount of glut-4 receptors in the membrana surface, production of prostaglandins, muscles fibers, bone density and willing or not we heir these sensitivies and weakness from our parents. For example anemic pregnant women have chronically anemic children. It's not even a matter of genes because the truth of genes beyond the media hype is that genes must be activated by external factors, no gene can develop an heart disease if there's no factor triggering the heart disease, what genes do is making the body more susceptible or resistant to those factors.

No, it's a matter of building a body in your womb with a wrecked metabolism and missing elements

For people who are sensitivies to the effect of sugar, and it's not enough to check your BGs levels since it's a matter of insulin and the correlation is not as direct just like a direct correlation is missing between Glycemic Index and actual Insulin Score, keeping your insulin spikes low requires first of all to decrease the amount of food eaten at one sitting which suits the way the population free of acne eat and the way primates in their natural environment eat

Another step is consuming food rich in carbohydrates with food rich in protein to lower the effect of sugar but decreasing the amount of food eaten at one sitting mimics already the delayed sugar absorption of eating carbohydrates with proteins

N Engl J Med 1989;321:929-34 (Metabolic advantages of increased meal frequency)

Am J Clin Nutr 1993;57:446-51 (Effect of isoenergetic intake of 3 or 9 meals on plasma lipoproteins and glucose metabolism)

Q J Med 1994;27:137-53 (Increased carbohydrate tolerance in diabetes following hourly administration of glucose and insulin over long periods)

But the most important factor is timing.

I know there are people who are aware that insulin spikes are related to acne and they believe the solution is avoiding sugars (like giving up sweets and table sugar and things like that) But this doesn't change the overall insulin balance.

We should concentrate our carbohydrates when we're more active and decrease our carbohydrates when we're less active.

A smaller overall carbohydrate intake which is not substituted but an higher fat intake will lead to hypoglycemia that will lead to reactive hyperglycemia and again insulin spikes and further unbalance

This model again suits those non-western populations that don't suffer from acne and also primates life in their natural environment. They eat less when they're active and they eat more and more sweet stuff when they have just been very active

If you have a glucometer you can test the truth of this for yourself

Eat a teaspoon of sucrose and read your numbers in the glucometer, see if your feel spacey, tired, confused or if you saliva becomes acid.

Now go out and exercise for 40 minutes and 5 minutes after exercising eat the same amount of sucrose

You will see it will affect your BGs less and you will feel better, this because physical activity makes the muscles burn oxygen this in turn leads to cortisol production and denovo glucose synthesis by burning amino acids including the ones your muscles are composed of. In this stage insulin is needed by the body and therefore after exercising the amount of glut-4 receptors in the membrana surface is increased which in turn makes the body particularly glucose tolerant and insulin sensitive

And here again is showed the importance of oxygen in body homeostasis, hence being outside and breath

That's a sensible way to prevent insulin spikes, eating less sugar when you don't plan to be active or are just working behind a desk or laying on the coach and concentranting your sugars intake before and after a period of hard physical work. If there's no hard physical work in your life then it's time to go out and exercise: ride a bike for 10 miles, play basketball, swim for 40 minutes, interval traning while listening music music with your ipod, buy a doorbar and do chin-ups but we've bodies because they must be used, underusing our body is one of the major cause of general inbalances.

The body then is an holistic organism and you just need to disrupt one piece and everything else follow, just like domino!

The excessive production of oil in the skin is also related to food. Again there's a relation with insulin levels and also with EFA intake. EFA intake is another factor that suits the diet of non-western populations that are acne-free. Their diet is often based on mild but regular consumption of nuts and fish which are both rich in ALA, EPA, DHA which are linked to platelets aggregation, sebum procuction, skin and scalp oil production and skin hosmotic pressure.

On the other hand their diet is quite low in LA (n-6) which inhibits the effect of n-3.

In fact the most important factor in maintaining an EFA balance is not consuming lot of EFA but keeping an EFA ratio of 1:2.

The amount needeed is no more than 1.5 grams of n-3 and 2.5 grams of EFA

Western diet is not only EFA deficient most of the time as we don't consume much nuts or fish rich in EFA but it's also loaded with n-6 because of the unique oil processing and consumption we have.

Seeds oils and sunflower oil are everywhere especially in all products we buy at the supermarket

We have a diet that provides 0.4 grams daily of n-3 and 23 grams daily of LA

Ironically the victimized butter is way more healthy for your skin than the oils we put in everything

Most of these processes that makes the skin healthy and protect the skin are linked to certain vitamins: B complex, vitamin A, vitamin E specifically

The vitamin B complex work sinergically with the EFA to provide skin moisturizer, ideal homostic pressure while vitamin A and E provides an antiseptical barrier.

Swallowing a vitamin supplement is not enough as vitamins and minerals work in another way

First of all the work sinergically within other substances in foods that can't be synthesized

But also lab synthesized vitamins and minerals are known to have adverse effect of be simply unhealthy while the same elements in the foods we eat are not.

Vitamin A and E are known to be toxic in small quantities when taken from supplements in fact most pharmaceutical houses are removing these vitamins from their multi

B complex on the other hand is the most effective and safe even on supplement form

Other elements that don't work well or are dangerous in supplement form are zinc, iron, vitamin C, phoshporous, vitamin K, acetil-carnitina, glutathione not to mention all the flavonoids that are necessary for the process of ion-substitution to prevent free radicals outgrow that can't be synthesized in a laboratory

As for hydration, we are a population of unsconsously dehydrated people

We suffer daily from symptoms of dehydration and we're not aware of it. Well dehydration is the worst enemy of an healthy skin. Our dehydration is not only caused by a lack of liquid intake (either from drinking water of eating watery foods) but also from a dehydrating listefyle rich in dehydrating foods.

Alcohol and sugar are the most dehydrating ones. Do you know what an hangover is? Just dehydration

Most people that wake up as if they were suffering from an hangover are just dehydrated

Diabetics and hyper/hypoglycemic individuals are always dehydrated, the same insulin spikes that play havoc with skin health maintenance are among the major causes of dehydration and both are enemies of the skin. Besides we're very inactivity and physical activity increase thirst, but this doesn't mean that if we don't exercise we just need less water... it means that our lack of physical activities prevent us from consuming the ideal amount of water

Let's see: The NRC suggested ideal intake of water is based on the amount of calories consumed

That means that the more we overeat (while undernourishing ourselves) the more water we need and dehydrate our body and skin without it

The suggested intake is 1.5 ml per calorie consumed

It's an unbelievable amount of water if you do the math

Let's say you're eating 2500 calories daily you would need 120 ounces of water

A glass of water is 8 ounces

I bet no one in this forum is drinking that much through the day and maybe you're instead eating alcohol and eating lot of sugar. Well, then you're dehydrated, you're suffering the effects of dehydation and the collpase of your skin tone, natural barrier and moisture is one of the them

So why I'm here and interested in Dan's product?

Because even though I do believe that studies and researches prove a direct correlation between acne and diet and that the food we eat triggers those metabolic processes that allows acne to develop (skin is unprotected, poors are clogged by skin cells aggregation due ot inhibition of zirconiumaluminiumglycine enzyme, excessive oil is produced, skin gets inflamated, propionibacterium bacteria feeds of metabolic wasted and outgrow, the bacteria infect the inflamated skin and clogged pores) I don't think diet alone is enough to reserve the condition is several cases

Prevention is always the better cure because it's harder to use the means of prevention to cure a disease that could have been prevented

What I do believe though is that killing the bacteria is not a long-term solution because those bacteria have a function on skin health and are found in small children without acne too, but killing the bacteria outgrow may be a radical solution to get rid of a problem we lost control over, but after most of the bacteria outgrow has been killed I believe that changing one's lifestyle according to those criteria that would prevent the triggering of metabolic and physiological processes leading to acne (and not cultural myths about chocolate, pizza, french fries and ice cream) will prevent further outgrow of bacteria or inflamation of the skin or clogging of the pores

If you still believe that you have a mild case of acne that can be reversed focusing on avoiding those inflamatory processes through the managing of one's diet and lifestyle, keep in mind that skin turnover is 40 days and unless you stick to your dietary/lifestyle regimen for 2 months you won't see results

It's easy to understand why so many people can't see a correlation with acne and diet:

1) they don't address the real reasons acne is linked with foods (insulin spikes inhibiting the synthesis of zirconiumaluminiumglycine being one of the most important but just one of them)

2) they listen to cultural anecdotes in which only certain foods are mythologically related to acne (like avoiding pizza, chocolate, butter, ice cream) but if you believe that food does trigger those processes you can also see that focusing on few recreative foods now and then does nothing to address the real food choices that may trigger acne development

3) they don't stick with whatever regimen long enough: they believe that if they eat nothing "bad" tonight they won't see pimples tomorrow or that if they eat something "bad" tonight they should see new pimples tomorrow. But not only it's not a matter of bad or good foods just of food choices that synergically and long term prevent the body from losing that metabolic and physiological balance that prevents the development of acne but it does take at least 30 days before any inflamatory process in the skin can be reversed

5) it's not a matter of avoiding foods now and then, it's a matter of balancing one's diet so that even those foods that we believe to be less nourishing or healthy can be eaten in small quantities without ruining your metabolism and body. It's not a matter of giving up candy bars but of having an overall healthy and nourishing regimen that would make the consumption of a candy bar irrelevant

4) individual degree of sensitivies in people

5) foods and lifestyle triggers acne but it may not reverse the triggered bacterial outgrow

It's like a bull in a pen. It's easy to prevent the bull from escaping from the pen, you just have to make sure the door of the pen is closed. But if somehow the door if left open and the bull can escape, it requires way more people and effort to make the bull come back to its pen. Again: prevention is best and easier

So are explained the contradictions:

The incidence of acne for teens in the western countries is 70 to 85%

So one would wonder who the normal people who don't have acne are since those without acne are such a small number.

Growth hormone is synthesized only several ours after insulin is released. Teens have the highest concentration of growth hormone of everyone, babies included, and therefore they're also the most insulin sensitive people on heart. That's why the majority of teens have acne

So when the levels of growth hormone decrease after turning 24 years old the chance of triggering acne is decreased but still the incidence of acne in adults older than 25 is 40 to 50% in western countries

These are indeed people who are more sensitive to the effect of foods to those metabolic and physiological processes that trigger acne. Which doesn't mean that they won't suffer the consequences of their dietary choices, just in different aspects of their life or later in life

Insulin and hormonal inbalance is still the most important factor in acne. Still the outgrow of bacteria is triggered by body processes but if the insulin spike wouldn't inhibit the zirconiumaluminiumglycine enzyme the bacteria couldn't infect the pores. So this is why teenagers have a greater incidence of acne. There are many factors and different people have different degree of sensitivity to different factors and that's why some people have acne and some people don't even if they eat the same stuff and live the same sedentary lifestyle

It's like those who are depressed because of sugar sensitivity, they produce low levels of beta-endorphines and serotonin and sugar spikes triggers a process where those levels are further lowered after a small increasing

It's absurd for these people to focus on why so many people can eat all the sugar they want without becoming depressed and spacey, they are more sensitive, they should focus on what triggers what within them not why it doesn't trigger anything in other ones (which doesn't mean that the same substances have not different adverse effects of those people and trigger different processes)

For example those people who are lucky enough so that insulin spikes, hormonal unbalance, EFA deficiency, calcium inbalance don't cause bacterial outgrow and skin infection for them may suffer from pretty bad hairloss and baldness because of the same hormonal processes triggered by the same substances

Let me repeat this so my words are not misunderstood:

diet doesn't cause acne, diet triggers acne

Bacteria causes acne!

but diet allows bacterial overgrowth

Bacteria overgrowth infecting the inflammed skin causes acne

but excess skin oil and clogged pores allows the skin to get inflammed

Bacterial overgrowth infencting the imflammed skin because of clogged pores and excessive oil causes acne

but diet causes hormonal, metabolical and physiological processes that allows the pores to get clogged and the skin to produce excessive oil

In other words: diet provides the soil

You may have seeds in you hand but without a soil they won't grow or become plant, as long as they're in your hand and have no soil to grow they can't develop, so do P. bacterias

I believe everyone should read the statistic about the health and diet patterns in western world.

Without doubts we are the most overfed and undernourished at the same time people on the world

Hope this helps!

Danny

I have another "theory" about acne. Does it help if I'm outside more? I figured that the more fresh air my face is exposed to, the less breakouts I get.

Yes, oxygen

Everything in your body that may prevent the occurance of those processes that trigger the development of acne, stage by stage, is dependant on oxygen. Your liver, your circulation, your fatty acids processing, your glucose burning, your insulin sensitivity, your muscles strength, your skin cells health, your calcium balance, your body ph

Even done deep breathing exercises?

Again: let me tell you that the most important thing in success is being consistent

All those people that never succeed in everything they want to be involved with, people that try new thing and approaches, people that will tell you breathing does nothing, stretching does nothing, sport does nothing, healthy eating does nothing, post practive improvement studying approach does nothing are all people who start with a lot of enthusiasm and after few days slack for a month and then they claim that what they did didn't work. Most in the body including memory and growth is based on a pattern of work and rest

The kids put pressure on their bones during the day and the bones grow just at night at rest

You damage your muscles while working out during your day and your muscles grow at rest and at night

You suck up information during the day and the brain just process and move them to long term memory just at rest and at night

So changes take so long because they're independent on a moment of pressure, strong stimulus and a moment of rest. The stimulus is always small enough that the body may react to it within the sleeping hours at night.

Allow me to make a stupid example: let's say that you've rented your house and you know that any time your door gets broken the onwer of the house will substitute it (I said it was a stupid example)

So you want a very resistent door

You take an hammer and break the first door

It is substituted with a stronger door

Now you need a stronger force to impress upon the door to break it, you need a bigger hammer

The door is substitute with even a stronger one

Now you need a baseball bat to break it

And again a more resistent one substituted the old one

Now you realized that the new door can't be broken with any object you own and you feel safe and protected

This is how your memory workds, how muscle hypertrophy works, how changes work

The bottom line is that there was not way to goes from your weak little door to your ultimate big and resistent one. You needed a stage by stage process where you do something and someone's else or something else react to it when you rest.

This is way it takes a least a month of consistent daily effort to see whether something works

Daily not missing one day, daily consistence.

Deep breathing is not exception

Since you seem to react weel to oxygenation these deep oxygenation easy exercises will help you:

Inhale, hold and exhale for the same amount of time

For example 6 seconds to inhale, 6 seconds to hold and 6 seconds to exhale

Do this several times a day when you're outdoor at least 10 times a day

Inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 12 seconds and exhale for 6 seconds

Do this several times a day when you're outdoor at least 10 times a day

After those exercises just inhale, hold as long as you can and exhale

Do this 5 times a day

Stand with your feet should apart and upper body relaxed

Inhale as much air as you can holding your abdomen in as to have a flat abdomen

Now force your air out keeping your mouth and nose closed, so you force your air out but none of it escapes

Hold in this thight way for 3 to 5 seconds and very slowly exhale

Do this 3-4 times

Your body seems very sensitive to oxygen intake, try to do these for a month and you will see the benefits expecially if you're also doing sport or other physical activities

Danny

that was quite a read, but it was well worth it. i understand whats going on in my skin now more than ever...prior to reading this i had a general idea that my habits couldnt possibly be healthy and that what i did does in fact have something to do with acne.

thanks for taking the time to write all of that.

pretty much, for those of you who most likely said "fuck that im not readin all this shit",

....LEAD A HEALTHY LIFE.

be active, take part in a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, and you will instantly feel better in the inside. stick with the healthy-ness, even if you dont see a change right away.

the oxygen thing makes sense...i play baseball and earlier this year when i was more active i had less acne but now that its summer and im in my house most of the day, ive been getting more acne than usual. thanks for your help

thanks

that was quite a read, but it was well worth it. i understand whats going on in my skin now more than ever...prior to reading this i had a general idea that my habits couldnt possibly be healthy and that what i did does in fact have something to do with acne.

I'm glad what I wrote has bee useful to you

And also I must congratulate with you for understanding what I wrote :lol:

as I had to edit my posts because they were intelligible and full of typos and errors

You must forgive me but english is not my native language, it's a language I learned by myself the best I could :confused:

... not to mention it's 4:20 am here and I began writing those posts 90 minutes ago ... damn insomnia :(

Danny

pretty much, for those of you who most likely said "fuck that im not readin all this shit",

....LEAD A HEALTHY LIFE.

be active, take part in a balanced diet

If someone might be interested but not willing to read my long post let me summarize what "heatlhy for your skin" means by addressing those dietary choices that are known to effect all the four processes causing the development of acne

1) Makes vegetables and fruits at least 50% of the weight of your diet. On average this means consuming 1 pounds of cooked vegetables and half pound of raw vegetables daily (addressing electrolytes unbalance causing bacteria outgrow, providing vitamins who protect the skin and providing the bioflavonoids that decrease circulating androgens)

2) Decreasing salt and cheese consumption (addressing calcium and electrolytes balance for the same reasons as point 1)

3) Follow a low glycemix diet. Print a glycemic index table and makes foods with a GI of 45 or less the staple carbohydrates in your diet (addressing insuling spikes, preventing excessive synthesis of IGF-1 and insulin increasing the amount of androgen and leading to overproduction of oils, sebum and inhibiting zirconiumaluminiumglycine secretion wich prevents the pores from cloggin by dissolving the protein that binds skin cells together

4) Timing the consumption of carbohydrates so that less carbohydrates are eaten when you're less active and more carbohydrates are eaten before and after physical activity as fuel (addressing insulin balance for the same reasons as point 1)

5) Decrease the consumption of n-6 EFA and increase the consumption of n-3 EFA. The best way is avoiding refined oils or foods containing them and margarine too and consume more salmon, fatty fish and nuts

(addressing the inflamatory process of the skin without which it's harder for propionibacterium to infect clogged pores)

4) Drink 1.5 ml of water forevery kcal of consumed

5) Avoid alcohol (addressing dehydration and weakening of the skin natural barrier)

As I have said if you follow these points I can't assure you that you can reverse acne without BP but I can assure you that when you've elimited your acne with BP you won't develop that level acne again after discontinuing the product if you follow these dietary criteria

Danny

im gonna look into your last post. i find it amazing that you know all of this, and you were able to write all of it down although english isn't your native tongue. sure, there are grammatical errors in there, but for the most part, its impressive. what do you do for a living, like, how did you figure all of this out?

also, does drinking a lot of water help balance the insulin spikes?

(i may not necessarily FULLY understand everything you're talking about, like zirconiumaluminiumglycine enzymes and whatnot, but I get the big picture. its like biology kind of, and what you're saying is that you need a balanced diet to maintain equilibrium in your system...this is where all of your specifics come in...the spikes, the carbs, insulin, etc. this is what i pretty much generalized-

1) drink A LOT of water, or 1.5 mL for every food calorie consumed

2) 50% of my diet should be strictly fruits and vegetables

3) no alcohol (piece of cake :))

4) less carbs when im less active, more carbs when im more active (this is easy, seeing as your body needs the carbs for energy, so when youre active, you obviously need more carbohydrates)

5) consume more salmon, fatty fish, and nuts

what i shouldnt consume

1) alcohol

2) not so much salt and cheese (i guess sode too since it contains sodium...sprite is OK im guessing)

3) avoid refined oils or foods containing said oils, as well as margarine

heres where i'm not clear on/ what i have questions about

1) Am I not supposed to eat a lot in one sitting?

2) What exactly are carbohydrates? i.e. How do I count them?, how do I know I'm consuming them?, in which foods are they found?, etc.

3) What is the most important thing about my dieting? I wanna say consumption of water, but im not sure, so im asking you.

thanks!

can you find me a good glycemic index table with a large list of foods? i tried googling it but there isnt a large variety of foods to choose from.

also, its summer here in the US and school starts around august 20th for me. cross country also starts then, and I am currently looking to join the cross country team so right now in the summer I'm starting to run/jog/jump rope a lot. cross country is pretty much a long-distance race, and it requires a lot of endurance. my question to you is, how many carbs should I be consuming now that I am "training" pretty much daily?

can you help me make a personal diet in regards to carbs consumption before and after my exercise, and also, when i'm not training, like breakfast, lunch and dinner? if not, do you know where/how I can go about doing that?

once again, THANKS. you are a very big help to what I am trying to accomplish