Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Sincerely_Me

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion OR Fade Cream?

Guest Sincerely_Me

I was looking on the alpha hydrox website, and I was browsing around, going to order some of the Enhanced Lotion because of all the great things men and women alike on this board have to say about it. Out ouf curiosity I scrolled down and had something called "Fade Cream" and this is what it says:

For all skin types

Clinically tested - proven results

Fades discolorations on hands, face & body

Lightens blemish, age & pregnancy spots & freckles

Contains Vitamin E & Kojic for superior results

Not for delicate/sensitive skin

An accelerated fading treatment. Effective on hands, face and body. Moisturizing emollients soothe and soften.

Ingredients: Active Ingredient:Hydroquinone 2%Other Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Steareth-20, Laureth-23, Kojic Dipalmitate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Sodium PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Metabisulfite, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, BHT

...and as most of us know the Enhanced Lotion contains 10% AHA.

I just don't know which one I should go with...I hear raves about the Enhanced Lotion, but I'm thinking the Fade Cream may work just as well...or better then the Enhanced Lotion.

Any opinions?

that fade cream has hydroquinone as its active ingredient. The main problem with it is that if you use it with benzoyl peroxide it can actually create darker spots!

So if you want to use it, it is best to not be on any bp treatment.

And yes, I know this from experience unfortunately.......

The other thing about that fade cream is the mineral oil content. I'm always skeptical about applying anything with oil as it can make my skin more oily than it already is and possibly cause breakouts.

The AHA works by exfoliating.

The hydroquinone cream works by inhibiting tyrosine which is needed to form melanin (pigment).

Just a bit of fyi for you there. ^

Guest Sincerely_Me

that fade cream has hydroquinone as its active ingredient. The main problem with it is that if you use it with benzoyl peroxide it can actually create darker spots!

So if you want to use it, it is best to not be on any bp treatment.

And yes, I know this from experience unfortunately.......

The other thing about that fade cream is the mineral oil content. I'm always skeptical about applying anything with oil as it can make my skin more oily than it already is and possibly cause breakouts.

The AHA works by exfoliating.

The hydroquinone cream works by inhibiting tyrosine which is needed to form melanin (pigment).

Just a bit of fyi for you there. ^

So, basically, I'm better off with the lotion for getting rid of red marks & such