Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carlo

PanOxyl 2.5% or Benzac AC gel 5%??

hey there, am on my 6th week of my regimen, iam clear no active pimples or whatsoever, but my big problem is that iam peeling in the sense that whenever i apply the moisturizer to my face, it would clump up because some of my skin has peeled already (i dnt know if these are dead skin). I am dry and i would always put moisturizer to my face evry other 3 hrs when i need too. I am getting sick of this routine, i think there is something wrong with my regimen but i dnt know what. I am using panoxyl gel 2.5% since before, i maybe that is what irritates my skin... shoul i switch to benzac gel 5% instead? its the only available bp out here in our country... i need your advice people... thanks

and by the way which moisturizer is bettter? Neutrogena moisturizer with spf17 or cetaphil moisturizer???? :wacko:

I used to use PanOxyl 2.5% and found it very irritating and drying aswell. However, when I switched to Dan's gel it got much better so maybe you could consider switching to that BP. I can't really comment on the benzac one as I have never used it, but as it is 5% it is probably likely to be even more irritating :)

I did try Benzac. Yes, it's less irritating (at least than the one I'm using now). It's also more "creamy" than "gelly" and it leaves white residues (if you use a whole fat finger). I used 2.5% and it was very uneffective. Maybe 5% would work better, but I didn't dare to find out. Benoxyl works wonders for me.

If you're having troubles moisturizing because of the peeling issue, you could try an AHA moisturizer. I think you've been long enough on the regimen to try one. It really takes care of the flakiness problem and you can combine it with a regular moisturizer as well to achieve full benefits. So I would try the Neutrogena one. :)

I did try Benzac. Yes, it's less irritating (at least than the one I'm using now). It's also more "creamy" than "gelly" and it leaves white residues (if you use a whole fat finger). I used 2.5% and it was very uneffective. Maybe 5% would work better, but I didn't dare to find out. Benoxyl works wonders for me.

If you're having troubles moisturizing because of the peeling issue, you could try an AHA moisturizer. I think you've been long enough on the regimen to try one. It really takes care of the flakiness problem and you can combine it with a regular moisturizer as well to achieve full benefits. So I would try the Neutrogena one. :)

Thanks alot for your reply, i was thinking to make my regimen to put i finger length of BP (Panoxyl 2.5%) every night only and then on the morning il just put moisturizer or put some bp to some affected areas that i think are prone to pimple... do you think its a good idea to avoid the peeling, redness and dryness of my face??? or should i better switch to another BP like benzac gel 5% and moisturizer like neutrogena??? thanks thanks thanks!!!

I used to use PanOxyl 2.5% and found it very irritating and drying aswell. However, when I switched to Dan's gel it got much better so maybe you could consider switching to that BP. I can't really comment on the benzac one as I have never used it, but as it is 5% it is probably likely to be even more irritating :)

thanks, i find the panoxyl iritating as well but it help me cleared up but i became red and very dry... i dont have any options to get dans gel coz i live here in the philippines so would it be better to change to benzac gel 5% or should i change my regimen on panoxyl just by putting i finger length of it every night only or change my moisturizer??? please help me... thanks

I think switching miosturisers or cleansers isnt really going to help, as it is the BP itself that is the problem. By what Lingler said the benzac one does seem less irritating, even though it is a 5%, so maybe it would be best to switch to that and see how it goes. However, when you first apply it maybe you should start with a reduced amount to what you mornally apply to see how your skin gets along with it :)

Thanks alot for your reply, i was thinking to make my regimen to put i finger length of BP (Panoxyl 2.5%) every night only and then on the morning il just put moisturizer or put some bp to some affected areas that i think are prone to pimple... do you think its a good idea to avoid the peeling, redness and dryness of my face???

Actually, I tried that same thing recently and it worked. I remained clear and less dry. Just do it gradually and don't hesitate to go back to the full dosage if a pimple appears.

or should i better switch to another BP like benzac gel 5% and moisturizer like neutrogena??? thanks thanks thanks!!!

I wouldn't like to misadvice you, but switching products in general may cause different reactions. I learnt that lesson well 2 months ago, when I switched from Benoxyl to Benzac. The result was a terrible breakout with huge pustules. Things improved when I switched back to Benoxyl. So I'd suggest that you stick with what's currently working for you despite the side effects. But it's up to you anyhow. :)

(Haha Janiet... I've been posting exactly after you and it might seem like I'm chasing you or stalking you, but I'm not! :D )

Thanks alot for your reply, i was thinking to make my regimen to put i finger length of BP (Panoxyl 2.5%) every night only and then on the morning il just put moisturizer or put some bp to some affected areas that i think are prone to pimple... do you think its a good idea to avoid the peeling, redness and dryness of my face???

Actually, I tried that same thing recently and it worked. I remained clear and less dry. Just do it gradually and don't hesitate to go back to the full dosage if a pimple appears.

or should i better switch to another BP like benzac gel 5% and moisturizer like neutrogena??? thanks thanks thanks!!!

I wouldn't like to misadvice you, but switching products in general may cause different reactions. I learnt that lesson well 2 months ago, when I switched from Benoxyl to Benzac. The result was a terrible breakout with huge pustules. Things improved when I switched back to Benoxyl. So I'd suggest that you stick with what's currently working for you despite the side effects. But it's up to you anyhow. :)

(Haha Janiet... I've been posting exactly after you and it might seem like I'm chasing you or stalking you, but I'm not! :D )

hehe, :ninja: Linglers chasing me around the boards! ;)

Thank you, i will try to do the new regimen just by applying a finger length of bp every night only... i do hope it will help. By the way is cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer good product? am planning to switch to another moisturizer... :)

I've tried Benzac AC 5%. It works pretty good. The only trouble is that it dries your face up so you pretty much have to use moisturizer and it also tends to stain your cloths and anything near your face. Other than that though it tends to work fine enough...but then again, sometimes some products don't work for certain people...

yeah i think you should stick too.. 5% maybe too drying..

anyway, i just bought 2.5% panoxyl BP. any comments?

i m usiong neutrogena moisture spf 15. it says non comedogenic, but i didnt notice it until now, but it contains active ingredients! :(

active ingredients : octyl methoxycinnamate, 2-phenyl-benzimidazole-5-sulphonicacid. is this gonna affect the regime?

the actives may be ok, as they are antibacterial chemicals, if it contained SA then thats when u would have a problem.

Panoxyl isnt liked amongst many board members as its very drying and produces alot of redness. though it may work for you.

i use a 5% gel at night and a 2.5% during the day, but 5% day and night may be too much for your skin. so stick with the 2.5% for the time being.

good luck

...but 5% day and night may be too much for your skin. so stick with the 2.5%.

good luck

Not really. I believe it depends on what you can take. I use a 10% bp gel with just a little dryness that is taken care of by the moisturizer day and night. It has worked really well. If you're face can take it, I say go for it. Each person is different.

Pag12, i totally agree all i said is it MAY be too much for carlo's skin, so stick with the 2.5% for the time bing just to be sure.

plus its dan's recommended % so carlo could try the 2.5% to get his or hers skin used to the regimen, and then change in a few weeks to a hogher percentage is neccessary.

sorry if i caused confusion xx

what if i'm changing from benzac ac wash to benzac ac gel? would that still cause a terrible reaction?