Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nazario

Anyone with red marks poor healing etc or bad acne and are willing to read any info to help? HERE ANSWERS

i know this is not an accutane log but ive beed reading other bits on this site and especially ex- accutane users or maybe ppl on 2nd or 3rd tane round should read this.....

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=19374

to do with connection between liver and red marks... or scars tht u may still have. ive not read all of it yet, theres alot, but seems interesting. also diet and nutrition may be overlooked by most i think.

- QUOTE -Changing my diet has helped my acne a lot. Food can provoke such a wide range of reactions in people, so why rule out a connection between food and acne so easily? Your diet may be better than most people's, but that doesn't mean it's not terrible. Try eating nothing but whole, organic, unprocessed (as much as possible) foods for a month and see what happens. Also...

- Don't fry, roast, or microwave (buy a toaster oven for $25 to heat leftovers) anything because it changes the chemical structure of the food, making normally good foods carcinogenic.

- Avoid dairy because of the hormones, casein, zillions of allergens, etc.

- Avoid gluten (found in wheat, barley, etc.) because it's been implicated as a major problem for people with so many different disorders including acne.

- Avoid food that will cause your blood-sugar level to spike (white rice, potatoes, sugar, etc.), triggering an insulin (and insulin growth factor) response.

I've been doing all that since February 1 and I've seen very good results (starting in late February) with my acne. Here are some typical meals and snacks:

- Boiled quinoa, steamed mixed vegetables, and baked chicken (organic and not factory farmed--factory farming is horribly cruel)

- Baked fish and brown rice

- Salad with avocado, lots of fresh vegetables and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc.), and with vinegar, olive oil, or Italian dressing.

- Boiled hominy grits

- Nuts of different kinds

- Fresh fruits (not too ripe)

- Soy milk or rice milk (plain, sugarless)

Are you thinking "I'd have to change everything...but I love that food...how am I supposed to eat at a restaurant now?...that's a little extreme don't you think?" Extreme relative to what? Our lame culture (I live in the U.S.) where advertising and propaganda breeds millions of ignorant people and doctors get payoffs from drug companies for writing prescriptions for your acne and ruining your health with antibiotics. Maybe some of us wouldn't have suffered so much if we had known better in the first place. I have learned over the years that I can acquire a taste for anything. Just think of how much good you're doing yourself while you eat healthy food, and it'll probably taste pretty good. -QUOTE -

This is very well said and informative! ibelieve diet does make a difference, foods including Vitamin F seem to be good, such as sunflower seeds and pecans. i am a bodybuilder and so watching acne friendly diet is quite hard, i try to have a high protein diet, very healthy foods and vegetables and will know take not of the very well said quote above. i will see if this helps.

this is very similar to what i've learned about paleolithic diet and from leo kiesen's book...yeah, incorporating some diet principles does help a lot. about protein though, some sources say acne-sufferers should limit their protein intake. hope you'll look into that aspect too. good luck and thanks for sharing. im starting to take a look at those pages you've linked. :)

Hey answerme, what have u heard about the protein diets? cuz im a gymaholic and high protein diets r a must for any bodybuilder... i think if i use most of these tips then a high protein diet shouldn't harm me too much, also when im off tane im thinking of taking another medicine not long after... what d'you think?

:think:

Soy milk has female hormones in them :S which could upset the hormonal ballance.............. You've mentioned this in dairy products then you've said that you should drink soy milk? :S

I don't think a diet like that will change much tbh, but I haven't tried it so each to their own.

But genetically modified foods don't differ to organic foods imo.

that protein taken in excess will make your blood cells kinda like stick together, making congested blood worse.

but since you're doin weight lifting, you have higher protein needs. each of us has to determine our protein needs.

"the key is not to eat so much protein that your body begins to metabolize it as fuel source. if this happens then your body will quickly become acid and overwhelmed by toxic ketons." -kiesen

i do hope so that your high protein diet wouldn't harm your skin. i guess the best thing to do is to observe it for a few weeks, with all those diet improvements youve planned to take...

also when im off tane im thinking of taking another medicine not long after... what d'you think?

No, i mean when my course is finished take a medicine such as minicine or oxytetracycline just to make sure i don't get acne coming back, on top of the diestry changes, then i'l see how it goes when working out n taking high protein meals, that's another thing, working out increases test levels which can b a prob, which is another reason for the idea of taking oxy or minicine after i finish this course of accutan. i intend to finish tane.

i agree with emuppet. soybean also contains many anti-nutrients.

"The alkaline solution the beans are soaked in leaves behind a carcinogen called lysinealine. ." -kiesen on soymilk manufacturing process.

edit:

you probably wouldnt have to take another medicine. most of the post-accutane users here i've read about stay clear after months to years. i think strict diet and regular cleansing will be the healthiest way to stay clear.

Ah ok, then cutting all of that out would be the best idea, althoughwhat would you take instead of milk? just calcium tablets i guess, and some fruit juice or water with your cereals?

you can eat whole wheat cereals with just water and wild honey. :) milk causes mucus to form in your system which makes your blood 'dirty'.

Edit: im talking about the slow-cooking whole grain oats. fruits high in sugar should also be limited.

I pretty much do that anyway to be honest.... jus now we know soy mil is also bad, there u go.... also i like your quote there answerme, very deep stuff, i like that kinda stuff man.

Peace.

I pretty much do that anyway to be honest.... jus now we know soy mil is also bad, there u go.... also i like your quote there answerme, very deep stuff, i like that kinda stuff man.

Peace.

im glad to find you deeply interested in 'internal' stuff like this. hope your skin quickly improves. :angel:

Im interested in lots of different things. i believe that the genre of your quote is also very important. while im injured and on this medicine im takin the time out to learn about all 3 aspects, which im assuming u know about.... and advance in all of them.

anyway, thanks man, i hope your skin improves nicely too. :angel:

I completely agree with diet affecting acne... because it ultimately affects your body and skin being the largest organ... enough said. I have been doing a lot of research on this topic as well.

I agree with your list of what to eat and what to avoid, except I also have heard bad things about soy milk and too much protein. I have also heard about the whole microwave taking the nutirents out.

I think it is also important to take at least 400 mg of vitamin C, 400 I.U of vitamin E, and an omega 3 or fish oil supplements. Drinking plenty of water is great for your skin. Exercising is awseome for you because it increases the oxygen to your bloodstream in which goes to your skin, plus it makes you feel good about yourself :D

Sugars are a big no no.. and carbs also because they ultimately turn into sugars. If I only knew this stuff a couple of months ago right? I used to eat ice cream every single day and consume lots of carbs.. maybe things would have been different.. but who knows.

Anyways, I am very interested in this topic and hopefully we can all share what we know and have learned ;)