Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P.L.U.R

Maybelline H20 Pure Makeup is AWESOME!!!

I'm only mentioning this because it's working for me & I've rarely found things that work w/ my skin. It's quite exciting actually! I've been using Cover Girl for years but my skin was never were I wanted it to be. Dealing w/ acne for about 10 years has taught me that YOU have to find the perfect combination for your own skin. There's hundreds of different products out there all promising the same thing, & trust me, I know how frustrating it can be to buy something so hopeful that it'll work for you & doesn't. So....on my quest to find the right combo to make my skin clear up I decided to be brave & try something new.

Maybelline Pure Makeup!!! It's a shine-free foundation with H2o (50% water, my friends!!) It's oil free! And they also have a blemish treatment stick in different shades containing salicylic acid. Feels good going on, not like the nasty feeling of rubbing dirt all over your face like other foundations - to me, it actually feels like rubbing water on your face.

One more suggestion...I recently bought the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion kit...cost about $40 but WOW, it really works for me. After using it for about a week I can tell a huge difference. And the best part is that it didn't cause me to break out worse which most products do. My skin is almost completley clear right now & I don't see or feel any pores clogging since I've been using the new foundation & doing the microdermabrasion.

I know these 2 things might not work for you, but thanks for reading my msg & I hope you find what you're looking for. After finding some success after 10 years, I'm not so scared to look in the mirror lately! :)

Have a good day!

Im curious if the foundation lasts all day?...most of us with acne have bad oily skin, and with oily skin its important to wear a foundation that will last all day and not melt off your face- which is what every foundation does with me except Revlon Colorstay.

I'm only mentioning this because it's working for me & I've rarely found things that work w/ my skin. It's quite exciting actually! I've been using Cover Girl for years but my skin was never were I wanted it to be. Dealing w/ acne for about 10 years has taught me that YOU have to find the perfect combination for your own skin. There's hundreds of different products out there all promising the same thing, & trust me, I know how frustrating it can be to buy something so hopeful that it'll work for you & doesn't. So....on my quest to find the right combo to make my skin clear up I decided to be brave & try something new.

Maybelline Pure Makeup!!! It's a shine-free foundation with H2o (50% water, my friends!!) It's oil free! And they also have a blemish treatment stick in different shades containing salicylic acid. Feels good going on, not like the nasty feeling of rubbing dirt all over your face like other foundations - to me, it actually feels like rubbing water on your face.

One more suggestion...I recently bought the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion kit...cost about $40 but WOW, it really works for me. After using it for about a week I can tell a huge difference. And the best part is that it didn't cause me to break out worse which most products do. My skin is almost completley clear right now & I don't see or feel any pores clogging since I've been using the new foundation & doing the microdermabrasion.

I know these 2 things might not work for you, but thanks for reading my msg & I hope you find what you're looking for. After finding some success after 10 years, I'm not so scared to look in the mirror lately! :)

Have a good day!

I don't have REALLY oily skin but somewhat and it lasted very well on me, it's one of the better ones i've tried in that aspect but hopefully someone with very oily skin could answer that.

can u tell u have it on...and do u have to apply it on your whole face

I have really oily skin and that makeup looked terrible on me. I have never had a makeup make me so greasy looking! I used to use Maybelline Shine Free, which they discontinued and replaced with Pure. I don't find that it covers acne at all...if anything it makes it look worse. Luckily, I found a good replacement for my Shine Free after trying out many foundations...La Roche Posay Toleriane Corrective Fluid Foundation.

I did like the maybelline Pure as well, but with my oily skin it did tend to slide off toward afternoon, even while using pressed powder too.

I've had better luck with the Almay Smart Shade foundation. It doesn't slide off of my oily skin, and looks very nice and natural. Oil-free, non-comedogenic, etc. hypoallergenic. It's a very nice sheer foundation.

I do put pressed powder on top as I always do with my foundation to help with shine, the one I use is Covergirl fresh look powder (silver compact)

I did like the maybelline Pure as well, but with my oily skin it did tend to slide off toward afternoon, even while using pressed powder too.

I've had better luck with the Almay Smart Shade foundation. It doesn't slide off of my oily skin, and looks very nice and natural. Oil-free, non-comedogenic, etc. hypoallergenic. It's a very nice sheer foundation.

I do put pressed powder on top as I always do with my foundation to help with shine, the one I use is Covergirl fresh look powder (silver compact)

I really want to get Almay smart shade now..

give it a try Mandy!

It's fun too, as it comes out of its tube white with tiny specks, and it changes color as you smooth it on! Produces a nice natural looking shade for your skin.

One hint though use a makeup sponge, I use those wedges, to smooth it on. It works very well with the CSR too!

I really like Maybelline Pure Makeup. It's such a simple formula. Basically just water, cyclomethicone and some sepigel 305 (a polmeric stabilizer)....and of course pigments.......It's so simple...

It does look greasy when you first apply it, but then it drys down....and it's pretty matte. I couldn';t use it on any topical regimen though....it is a bit drying.....but on my super oily skin it's good for a couple hours as long as I blot.....it's not even close to being long wearing though...I usually reapply a few times.....

I'm glad you guys like Smart Shade....it really is pretty cool.........I wear it sometimes.....but the coverage is kinda sheer....so you may need a seperate concealer...........it does wear much longer than Maybelline Pure Makeup since it's silicone based..........

I have been wanting some of this. I currently use covergirl Aquasmooth which is great during the winter when I'm not so oily (humid St. Louis weather) but I wanted something to give a natural but good coverage. Do you think this would be good for me?

Have a good day!

I love the pure makeup too! So light!!!

Good luck, everyone!!!