Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I first got acne in 4th grade.. and that was only really bad on my forehead.... then, years went by and my forehead cleared and I only had a little bit of acne on my cheeks.. but only a little bit, this was probably 7th grade. Then I started wearing foundation and using proactiv and stuff, and my skin turned to pretty moderate acne.. very annoying acne.. mainly just on my cheeks/sides of my face.. this is 9th & 10th grade... 11th grade.. still the same, but I learned how to take care of my skin better.. but I started getting acne more along my hairline, and espessially on my back (a little on my chest). Now.. im going into 12th grade.. and im just worried that since my acne seemed to have gotten worse throughout the years, that its going to get even worse senior year. I can't even imagine how collage is going to be.. :doubt:

Just because your acne has gotten progressively worse doesnt mean that it will continue. Alot of people "out grow" their acne at some point in college. Mine definately improved towards the end of my college years. I wouldn't get discouraged, it will eventually get better.

I think what you noticed is definately normal, just having started at a younger age for you (unfortunately).

na i wudnt look at it like that mandy

look at it like your acne is on its "final push"

and then its gonna fade out

much nicer way of thinking about it hey!

an its probably quite true.

i dont know obviously as im not your skin etc.

but i wudnt worry, u most likely wud have hit the bad acne by now if it was

your 18-19ish so it wuda kicked off by now i wuda thought

the chances are small that u wil get a LOT WORSE in the future

that is rather rare

i agree w/ the above two...a lot of us had acne that started out as really mild...and concentrated on one area of our face (for me, it was the cheeks). I too noticed that each year it got a little worse. It finally has settled down now...I don't get as many cysts, and i dont get smaller pimples as often either. Many people do outgrow acne...have hope, college may end up being a pretty clear time for ya :)

Guest Spike Rules89

I first got acne in 4th grade.. and that was only really bad on my forehead.... then, years went by and my forehead cleared and I only had a little bit of acne on my cheeks.. but only a little bit, this was probably 7th grade. Then I started wearing foundation and using proactiv and stuff, and my skin turned to pretty moderate acne.. very annoying acne.. mainly just on my cheeks/sides of my face.. this is 9th & 10th grade... 11th grade.. still the same, but I learned how to take care of my skin better.. but I started getting acne more along my hairline, and espessially on my back (a little on my chest). Now.. im going into 12th grade.. and im just worried that since my acne seemed to have gotten worse throughout the years, that its going to get even worse senior year. I can't even imagine how collage is going to be.. :doubt:

I know how you're feeling, I am your same age and it only seems to get worse, but I have read that at our age it is when it peaks and it will get better soon.

hmm you seemed to have acne for a long time.

Have you tried accutane?

My advice to you... get accutane before you go off to university. I just finished tane and im very happy that I dont have to go to university with acne all over.

Have you tried accutane?

My advice to you... get accutane before you go off to university. I just finished tane and im very happy that I dont have to go to university with acne all over.

yeah thats kind of what i'm trying to do.

I start University on last week in september this year. And I started tane almost two weeks ago...for a 4month course. SO by the time I go to university I will be finnished my fourth month and I hope I'll be clear by then :pray:

Have you tried accutane?

I would love to get accutane... but Im really afraid to get it and im not sure I can afford it... BUT if it gets worse by the time I graduate, Im for sure going to attempt to go on it

yeah thats kind of what i'm trying to do.

I start University on last week in september this year. And I started tane almost two weeks ago...for a 4month course. SO by the time I go to university I will be finnished my fourth month and I hope I'll be clear by then :pray:

good luck lu!

that seems like a really good idea...if you think youre a candidate of accutane and really would like to try it, i say go for it before you go away to university. that way, you can start a new school with a fresh and new beginning. it seems like it would do wonders for your confidence and self-esteem in a new enviroment ;)

Guest Spike Rules89

Have you tried accutane?

I would love to get accutane... but Im really afraid to get it and im not sure I can afford it... BUT if it gets worse by the time I graduate, Im for sure going to attempt to go on it

wouldn't your insurance pay for it?

Well you have had it since grade 4, its not going away.

As for affording it... that could be a problem

And gl Lucinda!

Have you tried accutane?

I don't have any medical insurance =X

Guest Spike Rules89

Have you tried accutane?

I don't have any medical insurance =X

aww :( I hope you can find a way to get enough money.

And gl Lucinda!

Thanks BF, I'm gonna need it :doh::pray:

Thanks sucks about the medical insurance Mandy :(

I hope you find some other way... Maybe just save up for it?

I know its really expensive - but you can take advantage of the fact your living at home (i'm presuming here) and not paying rent fees etc, and work some extra hours to save up for tane?