Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ababxzxz

Mirrors in schools.. the lighting there playing tricks on me?

holy crap, i just realized how truly bad my skin looks in mirrors in my schools bathroom. Does anyone else agree that it seems to magnify your skin conditions worse than it really is and is this because of the lighting?

consequently, when i'm looking at other mirrors it doesnt look anywhere as bad as the mirrors at my school.

Please tell me i'm not just hallucinating or is this what I really look like :cry:

holy crap, i just realized how truly bad my skin looks in mirrors in my schools bathroom. Does anyone else agree that it seems to magnify your skin conditions worse than it really is and is this because of the lighting?

consequently, when i'm looking at other mirrors it doesnt look anywhere as bad as the mirrors at my school.

Please tell me i'm not just hallucinating or is this what I really look like :cry:

omg... I hate it SO Much. It literally has ruined my day when I look in a school bathroom mirror.. i've gone home before because i've felt so ugly, but when I got to my mirror at my house, I looked 10x better

Never, I repeat, NEVER look into a mirror that is in a room with florescent lighting or bright, natural sunlight. It will ruin your day for sure.

Try to not look at them at school if it brings you down, i used to get really depressed for the rest day knowing my face looked a mess because if i knew it then surely everyone thought the same.

the mirrors at work make me look shite..... the reason

flourescent lighting

they are known to make u look worse

i wudnt worry too much, most people probably think the same way

the mirrors at work make me look shite..... the reason

flourescent lighting

they are known to make u look worse

i wudnt worry too much, most people probably think the same way

totally, i dont look anymore, just in morning cause my bathroom mirrors nice(40 watt bulb, slightly drawn blinds,lol)then when i get home i can ponder my skin in freedom. It does ruin ur day if u look tho, i like to keep myself oblivious to it really :hand::D

I was at a graduation reception yesterday; I went to use the restroom, and as I was in there, I looked in the mirror to comb my hair and I noticed how bad the lighting really was. My skin looked sunburned even though it really wasn't. How strange is that?

I was at a graduation reception yesterday; I went to use the restroom, and as I was in there, I looked in the mirror to comb my hair and I noticed how bad the lighting really was. My skin looked sunburned even though it really wasn't. How strange is that?

as i said this is excatly the saem to ppl with gr8 skin and make up-they find taht fluoresecnt lights make them look real awfull-nothuing to do with acne

Theres one mirror in my school that is particulary yucky, I try to avoid it or switch the lights off before I go in (its got windows though so I can still see! ;) )

Never, I repeat, NEVER look into a mirror that is in a room with florescent lighting or bright, natural sunlight. It will ruin your day for sure.

Sunlight makes my skin look alot better :eh:

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but its not the mirror. Thats what you look like. Its better you gat used to that sooner rather than later. trust me i know this for a fact. don't kid yourselves.

Guest Spike Rules89

school mirrors suck

Guest TylerD

The worst thing we have is this mirror outside of school on the wall lol I know kind of weird. And you look in that and holy crap your day is ruined. And you feel like holy shit is that what people see when they talk to me. Thats why I try not too lookin mirrors outside or in florecent lighting. But remember Mirrors always bring stuff out alot more then what people really see.

My skin always looks like total crap in Nightclub mirrors usually, maybe they are using flourescent lighting, I can never tell but all I know is that its not good. Strangely natural sunlight hides a lot of my imperfections, I would of thought it would be the opposite but it isnt.

My skin always looks like total crap in Nightclub mirrors usually, maybe they are using flourescent lighting, I can never tell but all I know is that its not good. Strangely natural sunlight hides a lot of my imperfections, I would of thought it would be the opposite but it isnt.

it depedns if u look at the light and its real bright and cold then its fluorescent, everyones skoin looks bad in it

No, you're not hallucinating ... when you look in a mirror where there's direct bright light or fluorescent light you look horrible, and I don't mean only about acne, even people without acne look horrible in those mirrors, the complexion look horrible, the eyebrows look horrible and thick, the hair look fake, the pores look huge

To me the worst of all are mirrors in the supermarket, even someone we consider attractive would look horrible reflected in those mirrors ...

But try to make this experiment: stare at a friend of a person you know well and then stare at his or her reflection in a mirror.

You will notice a lot of imperfection, skin marks, generally bad complexion that you don't see when you normally look at him or her which means that mirrors magnify everything or even reflect a different image than what people look in real life, so even though you think your reflection looks bad in your school mirror it doesn't mean that your skin look that bad or others see you that way

Danny

No, you're not hallucinating ... when you look in a mirror where there's direct bright light or fluorescent light you look horrible, and I don't mean only about acne, even people without acne look horrible in those mirrors, the complexion look horrible, the eyebrows look horrible and thick, the hair look fake, the pores look huge

To me the worst of all are mirrors in the supermarket, even someone we consider attractive would look horrible reflected in those mirrors ...

But try to make this experiment: stare at a friend of a person you know well and then stare at his or her reflection in a mirror.

You will notice a lot of imperfection, skin marks, generally bad complexion that you don't see when you normally look at him or her which means that mirrors magnify everything or even reflect a different image than what people look in real life, so even though you think your reflection looks bad in your school mirror it doesn't mean that your skin look that bad or others see you that way

Danny

somehow i don't believe what you're saying to be true. Have you tried the experiment for yourself?

Danny

somehow i don't believe what you're saying to be true. Have you tried the experiment for yourself?

Yes, all the people I know look a lot different when I see their reflection in the mirror

Their face always look worse and if they have wrinkles they look older, if they have dark circles under their eyes they seem huge and very dark and their nose look bigger and their faces looks less simmetrical

Anytime I see the reflection of someone I know well, including my brother, they look so much different than how they look when I see them

Danny

dunno anything bout the mirrors but if u look on google skin+fluorecentlighting u ll get loads of bad looking hair/skin/makeup stories

god I always hated that. I hated that other girls would lean in all close to them to fix their eye makeup and crap. I ALWAYS wanted to be able to look in a mirror that close in public and not have it ruin my day or go home crying. I don't remember a time when I would actually look up at the mirror while wwashing my hands. It's a dream of mine someday.And girls and their damned compact mirrors theyd bust out in the cafeteria....i could NEVER do that. It would look too awful. And I hate how people are saying 'oh its just the lighting' yea well, pretty sure the whole school is covered in that kind of lighting, so you pretty much look how you do in that mirror all day.

nope-i look perfectly fine on mirrors which have normal lighting to then-even in direct sunshine