Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok wtf, for some reason my face skin (even the parts with out redmarks) has like a reddish tinge to it, usually I don't notice it because I'm to used to feeling like shit about the huge zits on my face, but since its settling down for the time being i realise it looks like I put blush all over my face like a mask, my neck skin looks pure white next to it so I look even more rediculous going out with no makeup on. I've tried aloe and icing it down but its like a constant mild sunburn. Anyone else get this?

i have that too, doc says it's because of differin but it was red before he put me on it too. oh well, it's clearing up my acne so i guess i can't complain. but it sure is embarrasing, maybe more embarrasing than the acne itself.

its probly one of your products.red skin means you have sensitive skin and something you are putting on it is obviously cauing it to be irritated.try and single out which product it is and if it for some reason you can't figure it out try this (aveeno ultra calming moisturizer)...its suppose to help calm redness and what not.check it out.its probly unessesary b/c its just something you are using that is causing your problem.

i have that too, doc says it's because of differin but it was red before he put me on it too. oh well, it's clearing up my acne so i guess i can't complain. but it sure is embarrasing, maybe more embarrasing than the acne itself.

Yeah i got prescribed 10% BP wash but I know it will make my skin really red, so I havnt used it at all.

Same probelm. I found moisturizing alot and laying off the bp helps. I tried a bp wash before but it just made my skill really red an kind of itchy.

The following is a response I posted to a similar question:

I am eighteen years old and also have a lot of facial redness not linked to acne or any sort of rash. It has been slowly worsening. I went to a dermatologist last week, and he said that I have rosacea (which may actually be a sign of a medical conditon, but I won't get into that now), a disease involving blood vessels. Rosacea can actually include acne-like lesions, though it is possible to have acne and rosacea at the same time. Over-the-counter treatments won't help- the best thing you can do is avoid skin irritants and other known rosacea triggers like the sun. A commonly prescribed treatment for rosacea is MetroGel. To eliminate redness, many patients undergo V-Beam or other laser procedures. You may want to check out the Red Marks Forum, which discusses V-Beam and other procedures used to treat redness.

What is your current regimen? It may be worsening your problem.

Most of us have the redness with acne, we have sensitive skin and it actually makes it even worse using harsh facial cleanser given for acne.Most of us have Roscea,eczema or seborrheic Dermatitis specially with the dandruff etc.I use corticosteriod creams which totally eliminates my redness in 1-4 days but this is temporary and the redness will eventually come back later on few days and this is one of the last resort the doc takes since if used in long term and too much amount can cause side effects.Other option is photorejuvenation laser but it will be quite expensive since it requires 3-5 session.

Or you can just give your skin a breaK from all of the topicals and meds for a while, mosturize it well, and in a few days your sakin will heal. If it gets red when it hasnt been red before u wre using CSR or w.e regime u have, its probably just from overuse of chemicals on ur face, and it gets irritated and damaged. YOu dont need a lazer to get your skin to heal, it does it on its own naturally, just stop using stuff on it for a while.

Or you can just give your skin a breaK from all of the topicals and meds for a while, mosturize it well, and in a few days your sakin will heal. If it gets red when it hasnt been red before u wre using CSR or w.e regime u have, its probably just from overuse of chemicals on ur face, and it gets irritated and damaged. YOu dont need a lazer to get your skin to heal, it does it on its own naturally, just stop using stuff on it for a while.

Back when I had great skin other than the redness I used no topicals, not even cleansers, yet the broken capillaries took many years to fade away, and during that time I got new ones. The skin may heal, although doing nothing for rosacea oftentimes does not work; it is a disease which gets gradually worse. Regardless, I personally would rather get the redness zapped by a laser (which I am doing sometime in the near future)and controlled by prescription topicals than suffer with it, waiting for it to heal naturally. Also, it is bad to moisturize skin that is not dry because the moisturizer can mix with sebum and "glue" dead skin cells to the surface, increasing the risk of clogged pores.

I don't think its any of the products I'm using, I even tried the 'use nothing' thing for a month and still had the red skin. I know I don't have roseca, and its not broken blood vessels it just looks like a fading sunburn.

I don't think its any of the products I'm using, I even tried the 'use nothing' thing for a month and still had the red skin. I know I don't have roseca, and its not broken blood vessels it just looks like a fading sunburn.

Rosacea can look like a sunburn. I reccommend seeing a dermatologist.

How can u tell if u have rosceara or just imflamtion from the chemicals on your face.

"Chemicals" aren't necessarily bad; actually, all skin care products contain chemicals, be they naturally occurring or man-made. Naturally occurring chemicals are not necessarily better than man-made chemicals; both can be harmful or beneficial depending on the ingredient.

Usually simple inflammation fades, especially with the aid of anti-inflammatories and hydrocortisone products, but rosacea does not.

And rosacea can be caused by using BP and other topicals like SA and stuff on your face? I havent had this redness before in my life. And I started getting it right around when i started getting acne-started using topicals. So now im just wondering if its just inflammation or rosacea. Lately, for about the past week, I havent been using that much BP really at all, but its still red. How long would inflamation take to go away.

And rosacea can be caused by using BP and other topicals like SA and stuff on your face? I havent had this redness before in my life. And I started getting it right around when i started getting acne-started using topicals. So now im just wondering if its just inflammation or rosacea. Lately, for about the past week, I havent been using that much BP really at all, but its still red. How long would inflamation take to go away.

Rosacea's not "caused" by topicals, but a person can be sensitive to certain ingredients, worsening the condition. That's why it's important to avoid products with unnecessary skin irritants like bar cleansers, drying alcohols, mint, camphor, lavender, etc... Also, rosacea can look like acne, so how do you even know that your breakouts were acne and not rosacea in the first place?

Of course, benzoyl peroxide can cause allergic reactions in some people, which you may have experienced. Regarding salicylic acid, chances are you were using alcohol-based products or those that contained other skin irritants, since salicylic acid in gentle solutions is generally better-tolerated than benzoyl peroxide. Either way, I still recommend going to a dermatologist since your redness doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.

I have this as well! Compare my hand to my face and it's yellow/pale to red. I have very pale skin alllll over my body, even my neck, but my face is red (not an intense red, but a red hue). Half the reason I wear makeup is to take away the redness, cover it up. And my makeup looks natural because it then matches the rest of my body. I just hate that I rely on it.

I've never been to a dermatologist because my acne is only mild to moderate. I've never thought it was Rosacea but now I don't know.

I guess I should schedule a visit anyways. No matter what though I KNOW it's not based off of any product/irritation because I've had it even when my face regime was very basic.

Ok wtf, for some reason my face skin (even the parts with out redmarks) has like a reddish tinge to it, usually I don't notice it because I'm to used to feeling like shit about the huge zits on my face, but since its settling down for the time being i realise it looks like I put blush all over my face like a mask, my neck skin looks pure white next to it so I look even more rediculous going out with no makeup on. I've tried aloe and icing it down but its like a constant mild sunburn. Anyone else get this?

I get red quite often. I've never tried it, but purpose makes a redness reducing moisturizer that a lot of people seem to like, and it won some prestigous award. Normally, if I look red I lessen my product usage and ice and steam my face. Post ice, I moisturize and use a concealer. That seems to work for me if I look especially red.

hello,

just would like to suggest a couple of very good products for red skin. eucerin redness relief cleanser and redness relief moisturizer. you will really see major improvement,even if you just use the cleanser alone.