Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jboy818

Sauna/Steam room and Acne.

Anybody know if there are any benefits to using the Steam room/Sauna to help with Acne. Ive heard from some people that this helps clear pores. Anybody have any type of experience doing this? Good or bad? Any feedack left is greatly appreciated.

Anybody know if there are any benefits to using the Steam room/Sauna to help with Acne. Ive heard from some people that this helps clear pores. Anybody have any type of experience doing this? Good or bad? Any feedack left is greatly appreciated.

My ex-bf had a steam shower..and I use to use it twice a day with ucaliptice (sp?) oil..it really cleared up my skin...after I broke up with him..i didnt have the steam shower..and guess what? the stupid things came back!! lol..i should have just stayed I suppose!! haha

I've also heard that saunas work wonders...just be careful they can get harmful if you stay in them too long!! lol..

anyways good luck and have fun!! lol :dance:

*ashlee

already tried that a few years back, didnt help at all, in some cases made acne worse. I suffered from cystic acne sauna's just ended up givig me whiteheads too....

Steam room is the best, it helps clean the pores and your skin will look REAL GOOD the next day !! I wonder how much does it cost to install a little steam room at home lolz

I used a steam room in this hotel on holiday once and It made my skin look so good after! While u are in the steam room use an exfoliating mitt or loofa and scrub your skin in curcular motions. u will be amazed at all the dirt and dead skin that come out!

Me and my friend did this with our towels! (got a few funny looks while we were exfoliating each other but hey! we got carried away!)

Afterwards our skin felt so amazingly smooth and no new pimples!

I find that the sauna makes the buggers come to the surface, so in a way, it does help...unless you have an underground bugger and a big date coming up, I recommend it! I like to go in the sauna and then do an full body exfoliation afterward (and gentle on the face too, unless i have active acne). Be sure to drink loads of water!!! It makes my skin look like new, and helps boost your immune system.

Definitely improves the health of my skin.

I was going 2-3 times a week consistantly for nearly two months and my skin had never been so clean.

After a couple of weeks of continuous steam room, eventually all of my blackheads were gone.

It was awesome, really I am not sure if my skin had ever looked so great.

Unfortunately I got greedy and wanted even "better" looking skin so I decided to go tanning right after a long and somewhat intense session in the steam room.

Big mistake.

Too much for my skin to handle.

Broke out into a kind of scaby, dry skin rash on both sides of my nose towards my lip.

Bummer.

Oh well, that was a couple of months ago now, I have learned my lesson.

I have just gotten back into the habit this week and plan on going a minimum of 2 times per week.

Again, keep your water intake high and dont over do it the first couple of times...build up a healthy tolerance to it and remember to breathe deep:)

I had been really worried about using the sauna and steam room at the gym in case my acne got worse beause for a while it appeared as if it was heading in that direction. So does one have to keep going for it to work? Is it a 'it gets worse before it gets better,' kinda thing?

you guys never knew how lucky you are lol.

I have a super bastardised combination of eczema and acne (especially jaw/neck area) since teens. Guess what happens when I constantly sweat for too long lol.........something subsides, something else flares up and aggravates the problem altogether. I do like to think I have the worst combo around this forum :P

2 hot showers/day is good enough for me.

you can just steam your face by boiling hot water and going under a towel. i used to do it and it did help, it brings acne up to the surface. its also good if you use a cleanser or exfoliate after you steam because the skin is much softer and you can shed more cells. i dont steam anymore because it takes up a lot of time, usually like 15-20 minutes.

I wouldn't go in the steam room without having a plan to disinfect your skin with something before and afterwards. Acne is a bacterial infection and the heat will cause more inflammation and redness and possibly make things worse! I know this from personal experience as someone who has had to drop my hot yoga routine in order to clear up my skin.

Try colloidal silver and Grapefruit Seed Extract topically. I can give you more details on this if you want. for some reason all of my previous posts are missing.

Right now I'm using a mask made up of 1/2 a cucumber and a teaspoon of powdered goldenseal. Its enough for about three days worth. You can also eat a spoonful too. bitter bitter stuff, but it is a natural antimicrobial.

I wouldn't go in the steam room without having a plan to disinfect your skin with something before and afterwards. Acne is a bacterial infection and the heat will cause more inflammation and redness and possibly make things worse! I know this from personal experience as someone who has had to drop my hot yoga routine in order to clear up my skin.

Try colloidal silver and Grapefruit Seed Extract topically. I can give you more details on this if you want. for some reason all of my previous posts are missing.

Right now I'm using a mask made up of 1/2 a cucumber and a teaspoon of powdered goldenseal. Its enough for about three days worth. You can also eat a spoonful too. bitter bitter stuff, but it is a natural antimicrobial.

hey, what do you dilute the Grapefruit Seed Extract with water or another oil and how much colloidal silver and grapefruit extract do you mix together? And is your entire skin routine natural/organic? cause I would really like some natural remedy tips...like cleanser, moisturizer, scrub, foundation ideas...

thanks

Actually, steam gives me new zits--like right after a hot shower. I can't give up hot showers, so immediately after toweling off, I splash my face with cold water. Know what? A lot fewer pimples. Before, I could actually see a new one come to the surface right after a shower. At first my skin would itch, then a red patch would appear. An hour later, guess what? A baby pimple.

Yes steam room is alot better than the sauna just make sure you drink plenty off water so your skin doesnt dry out and you should be ok dont use steam room to much either about 20mins is enough whilst drinking water plus take vitamin A and zinc that should make a huge diffrence also bio oils are amazing apple cider vinegar also and its cheap but horrible to drink just make sure if your using acv you mix it with water :ninja:

I had been really worried about using the sauna and steam room at the gym in case my acne got worse beause for a while it appeared as if it was heading in that direction. So does one have to keep going for it to work? Is it a 'it gets worse before it gets better,' kinda thing?

shouldnt really although it can bring them out but if you use zinc well then they shouldnt come out just make sure your drinking water all the time so your skin doesnt dry you will see a huge diffrence you will kill the spot and the bacteria best of luck

using colloidal silver as a topical? like the liquid stuff or do you get it in a different form?

hey, what do you dilute the Grapefruit Seed Extract with water or another oil and how much colloidal silver and grapefruit extract do you mix together? And is your entire skin routine natural/organic? cause I would really like some natural remedy tips...like cleanser, moisturizer, scrub, foundation ideas...

thanks

http://www.londoncolloidalsilver.com

I started using a steam room at my gym two-three times a week about 2 months ago and it really has cleared all of my blackheads away. They weren't really too severe, but now there aren't any..and I had been using the blackhead facewash that 'supposedly' was supposed to get rid of them but really didnt see results like this until the steam room. Love how it opens up my breathing too, feel soooo good after I have a hard workout and the reward is the steam room!!

Well I know from personal experience that if you went to spa for a facial, they will almost definitely give you a steam session to open up your pores. Very important! You need to make sure your face is clean before enterring a steam room, because otherwise when the pores are opened, guess what goes right in! Yep, you got it! All the dirt from your face.

Initially, if you've got cysts you may see whiteheads in their place afterwards, as some people have noted above. However, that is a good thing! It means that all the crap is coming to the surface and your body is trying to purge it, which in essence you want to happen. Although, those of us "blessed" with oily skin look younger than our counterparts, we need to detoxify as much as possible because our bodies produce too much sebum. The steam helps purge the skin, our largest organ, so it is a great method of helping control oil production. If you do break out in a whitehead afterwards, just go through the steps to pop a zit as outlined on the site, and it should heal up nicely.

So here are the steps to use the steam room/shower/bath/facial sauna for the best results:

1. Cleanse face with mild cleanser

2. Steam face/body for a minimum of 10 minutes (now of course this depends on the temp in the steam room...if it's like 100 degrees, stay as long as you can tolerate without feeling faint!)

3. Scrub face gently with a face cloth or mild exfoliant

4. Rinse

5. Pat dry

You're done!

6. And if you really want to take it to the next level, at this point apply an egg or clay mask. Let dry, approximately 20 minutes.

7. Repeat steps 4 & 5.

Do this 2-3 times a week, and you should notice an improvement in your skin.

Actually, steam gives me new zits--like right after a hot shower. I can't give up hot showers, so immediately after toweling off, I splash my face with cold water. Know what? A lot fewer pimples. Before, I could actually see a new one come to the surface right after a shower. At first my skin would itch, then a red patch would appear. An hour later, guess what? A baby pimple.

Me Too, Today I try the steam room in the sport club, about 15minutes, then I shower with cold, hot shower and then I go outside and do my things, In the afternoon I could notice red tiny pimples on my forehead, 2 on my right cheek, and another one, all of them tiny.. I dont think about a coincidence... I´m sure the STEAM ROOM make my acne appear :think:

I find Saunas/Steam rooms to be very beneficial for myself and my skin. As long as it isn't in a public nasty place/area, I am fine with it.

Helps clean your pores, and as long as you take a shower afterwards, you shouldn't really experience any breakouts of some sort. ; )