Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasone

will it ever go away?

Hi everyone. Im 16. I have had a bad acne problem for several years now (I think they're cysts). I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing works. I wonder will my skin ever be clear again. Acne really does cause me to have low self esteem and I feel like that it will never go away. I know this might be a stupid question but will my acne ever go away? Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

I can relate to how you are feeling. I have had acne since i was 12 and am now almost 25. What have you tried so far to clear up your skin? I have been using the Clear skin regimen for the past 3 weeks and have been seeing some improvemnt, however i have been getting more cysts than normal.

If you can go to a dermatologist, i would really recomend it. They have some great perscription meds out there for cystic acne now.

Eventually acne should go away, its is a stage not a lifestyle!

What have you used to treat it over the years? Have you ever considered Dan's regimen- its worked for tons of people on here http://www.acne.org/regimen.html :) Also your doctor or dermatoligist should be ablt to prescribe you some things that should be helpful, and it it is severe you might want to conisder accutane. If you have a look through these boards you should be able to fine much helpful information on Dan's regimen, prescription medications and accutane! :)

the majority of people grow out of acne in their 20's

usually mid twenties to late twenties on AVERAGE but it can vary from person to person

its usually when your body is finished puberty in you

ie u have a beard and your physical look is that of an adult not a boy!

acne is about hormones the majority of the time, and your hormones are all over the place wen your going through puberty.

once these settle down your skin settles down like it was before puberty

but with a beard etc hehe :D

It's all to do with your hormones as Dami4n said. I started getting acne at about 16 ish and it continues I have tried all sorts for my mild/moderate acne and CSR has by far been the best treatment.

I have even tried chinese remedies to little effect! But I know what doesn't work for me try and avoid 'acne 101E' its a gimmick.

The key is consistency although im not sure how to do the regime whilst camping using cold water to wash..? Any opinions?

KEEP THE FAITH!

cold water wil do the job if needs be

i cant imagine it would make a whole lot of difference jim ^ hehe

Well I could grow full beard in a week at 17, does that mean I've nearly finished my puberty life? I'm more hairy than anyone else etc

It's all down to genetics IMHO. When did your parents grow out of acne?

My mum never had spots.

But I got my dad's skin - and he had acne well into his 40's. :boohoo:

Well I could grow full beard in a week at 17, does that mean I've nearly finished my puberty life? I'm more hairy than anyone else etc

yeah man its weird, its like the rest of my body progressed but my face didnt. i have a huge amount of body hair, more than any of my friends, but many of them have more hair on their face than me. i have more neck hair, chest hair, back hair, leg hair. but for some reason the hair on my face is restricted to areas where i dont get acne. its slowly coming in fully and ive noticed that areas that used to have acne that now have thick hair dont get acne anymore, so im hoping if it ever finishes up and comes in thick everywhere i'll no longer have acne. i'm almost 21 now though, jeez, how long does it take?

thats usually the way it goes

ur face is producing more sebum there, then eventually its hair coming through and the acne in that area wil die down.

id definately say your growing out of it canadian

its basically where i am now i think.

never get cheek acne anymore

but stil around my chin i do

thats the only place i really get acne now.

give it time man, then it wil be gone gone gone!

Think on the positive side... you may have acne but think of all that testosterone being used in the gym! I started at the gym 1 year ago nearly to this day and I have put on 1 1/2 stone of muscle! Use the force!