Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

Someone please help me with a temporary CSR

I'm trying to start a CSR immediately. I'm trying to start a temporary CSR with stuff I already have around the house until I get some of the reccomended stuff from Dan.

Anyways I don't think I can find a cleanser around the house without anything in it (BP/SA). I'm just looking for a straight cleanser but I don't thin I'll find one at the current moment.

Anyways I think I'm going to use this cleanser until I switch to a reccommended cleanser:

Here.

For a moisturizer I was thinking about using the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion. The only reason I would use this is because I have been using Murad up till now and I still have some of this lotion left over. I also have some Oil of Olay lotion, I don't know if it's any good. Below is the ingredients in the Murad face lotion.

"Ingredients

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA"

For BP Neutrogena 2.5% BP on the spot treatment.

I also have sulfur masks from Proactiv and Murad that I was thinking about using 1-2 times per week.

Murad Mask Ingredients

"Sulfur (4.0%)

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin,

Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA,

Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben,

Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone,

Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil "

Someone please tell me what they think about this or whatever. It's just temporary. 1-2 (however long it takes me to get the final cleanser/moisturizer I'm going to use + Dan's BP).

With moisturizers, it really is a whatever works best for you, so whatever you have around should work. The Neutrogena OTS BP will also work fine, thats what I used when i first started.

As for a cleanser, i think it is important to use as gentle of a product as possible. The reason for this is the amount of BP you will be putting on your sink can get fairly irritated. If possible, i would try to get one of the recomended ones.

As for the sulfer thing you have, i would not recomend using that.

The cleanser and moisturiser really aren't ideal, as the cleanser will contain an active ingredient and as the moitursier is designed for acne prone skin it is likely that will aswell. This is likely to be quite irritating to your skin and so you might find the irritation at the begining of the regimen increased, and find some of the recommended products as soon as possible! ;)