Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Handsome

Question about the bleaching

What colors tend to bleach (in terms of shirts) for you guys? I have had problems with the colors blue and green when it comes to BP and bleaching. What about you guys? Do you think Black would bleach? I have a black wool coat and my face constantly rubs against that and it has not bleached at all.

that's interesting that your black wool coat hasn't bleached......

I've not had much trouble with bleaching and I've used it for years!

Mostly just my colored bed sheets and blanket, and towels.

I'm usually super careful with my clothes and I don't normally wear shirts that have a collar so I don't really have an issue with my clothes.

that's interesting that your black wool coat hasn't bleached......

I've not had much trouble with bleaching and I've used it for years!

Mostly just my colored bed sheets and blanket, and towels.

I'm usually super careful with my clothes and I don't normally wear shirts that have a collar so I don't really have an issue with my clothes.

Hmm, thats strange, my bed sheets and pillow cases have never been victim of bleaching. I wear a lot of polo shirts however, and the colars are prime targets. Perhaps I'll just have to purchase white polos from now on!

my sheets are white except the top part that is by my face, it's blue and my top blanket is blue as well. So I guess that is a prime color for bleaching. I used to have colored towels but gave up on that years ago and just buy white or off-white now. And any new sheets I get are white too.

Oh, I can also remember a long time ago when I had a carpeted bathroom and I would wash my face at the sink, the wash water would sometimes dribble down my arms and drip onto the floor. It took me a long time to figure out why my carpet in front of my sink was getting 'stained' and it turns out that it was the bp that was getting washed off my face would run down my arms and drop onto the carpet!

Good thing that was only a rental house! lol

my sheets are white except the top part that is by my face, it's blue and my top blanket is blue as well. So I guess that is a prime color for bleaching. I used to have colored towels but gave up on that years ago and just buy white or off-white now. And any new sheets I get are white too.

Oh, I can also remember a long time ago when I had a carpeted bathroom and I would wash my face at the sink, the wash water would sometimes dribble down my arms and drip onto the floor. It took me a long time to figure out why my carpet in front of my sink was getting 'stained' and it turns out that it was the bp that was getting washed off my face would run down my arms and drop onto the carpet!

Good thing that was only a rental house! lol

:lol: Yeah but you have to admit , clear skin is worth the inconvenience!

There's a certain shade of tan that always bleaches for me. It gets big ugly orange spots from bp the first time I wash it. I love that color, but I never even try to buy it anymore. Oh well

There's a certain shade of tan that always bleaches for me. It gets big ugly orange spots from bp the first time I wash it. I love that color, but I never even try to buy it anymore. Oh well

yeah man totally, i like that color too but all my shirts in it bleach super quick no matter how careful i am. best colors for me are white and navy blue. i notice that cheaper shirts stain from bp much quicker than more expensive shirts. i'm super careful about it but i still stain probably 1-2 shirts a month.

I find that anything blue or purple gets bleached the most. I also have a lime green shirt that got bleached around the collar.

I have also found that I can't tell whether or not something has come into contact with BP until I wash it... for some reason stuff looks normal when I throw it in the washer and it comes out with bleached spots. If you haven't washed your coat since you started using BP this might be why it hasn't bleached yet.

I find that anything blue or purple gets bleached the most. I also have a lime green shirt that got bleached around the collar.

I have also found that I can't tell whether or not something has come into contact with BP until I wash it... for some reason stuff looks normal when I throw it in the washer and it comes out with bleached spots. If you haven't washed your coat since you started using BP this might be why it hasn't bleached yet.

Hmm, yeah I haven't washed it, but I have been snowed upon as well as rained upon in that coat. Don't you think that would have been enough to stain it?

But to one of the posters above, yeah Blue and Green shirts seem to stain Orange spots. I had bought 2 expensive button down shirts that I like to wear underneath my sweaters, and I wore one put it in the wash and then I wore the other and put it in the wash. A couple days later my mother brings my clothes up to me and I take a look at the shirts and wanted to die. Two shirts completely ruined, only worn once. :wall:

But clear skin is worth it and whenever I decide to dress up and wear button down shirts and sweaters I don't put on BP that day. I'll just apply at night.

I never ever had a bleaching problem with bp when i was using dove moisturizer. Ever since i switched to cetaphil moisturizer, all my pillow cases are bleached. The cetaphil is greasier then a frying pan full of bacon.

wen i 1st started i applied bp to my neck an it bleached 1of my nicest shirts for work

and also my pillows

but now i have white sheets on my bed and i dont apply to my neck

now i dont have any bleaching!"