Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ally_boi

Entire face red

I've been using the CSR for almost 3 weeks now, and I've noticed that my face is red. Not a bright red, but a noticeable tinge to my face (kind of like a mild sunburn). I have some excessive dry skin around my neck area as well. I was wondering if this in an indication that I'm allergic to BP or that I started the CSR with too much BP to begin with. BTW, im using 5% BP (available 2.5% BP quantities are small and expensive).

Should I stop using CSR and give my skin a rest? Or should I continue the CSR but apply less BP?

I've been using the CSR for almost 3 weeks now, and I've noticed that my face is red. Not a bright red, but a noticeable tinge to my face (kind of like a mild sunburn). I have some excessive dry skin around my neck area as well. I was wondering if this in an indication that I'm allergic to BP or that I started the CSR with too much BP to begin with. BTW, im using 5% BP (available 2.5% BP quantities are small and expensive).

Should I stop using CSR and give my skin a rest? Or should I continue the CSR but apply less BP?

Are you using Dan's Gel? Dan has great 2.5 % gel. Perhaps the 5% is too harsh on your skin and is drying you out. Are you using moisturizer?

List your products and procedures and perhaps we can assist you further.

it does sound like you started out with too much.

Especially since you are using 5% and not 2.5%

What I would do is skip the next dosage or two, and then start again with only a very tiny amount. And do moisturize. Use this tiny amount twice a day for a week, then the next week increase it a tiny bit. Take about 4 weeks to work up to the full dosage. Hopefully this will help your skin adjust with less redness and dryness.

However, one of the reasons Dan recommends using a 2.5% bp is because it is just as effective at fighting acne as the stronger versions, but less side effects. That means less redness and less dryness.

So if your skin persists at being overly dry and red, you should consider switching to a 2.5% bp product. Dan's CSR gel is really the mildest and most soothing bp product I have ever used. And I've used just about every OTC and prescription version out there, lol.

youre probably using too much, especially since 5% BP is sorta harsh, at least when compared to 2.5%. i recommend picking up on of those because it will work just as well. if you really want to stick with the 5% though, just cut back a little.

I agree with Brandy and Rawlin that it sound as if you started off with too much too soon. I also think the best thing to do would be to cut to only a small amount and maybe miss a few applications is the symptoms continue, and switching to a 2.5% BP such as Dan's gel is also likely to help the problem :)

If it's really bad, use a very very very small amount of bp when you restart. When I started, I was using 1/6th of a finger of 2.5% for my whole face and I was still really red and really itchy.

I'm sure this is stating the obvious, but if you're using 5% BP as opposed to 2.5% then only apply half as much as suggested at each stage. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I think Im going to stop using the CSR altogether for awhile. My skin is really flaky and dry around my neck (not to mention red!).

I must have started off with way too much bp when starting (especially with using 5% BP!).